hopeless valentine

Read Your Mind

 

“ Hey.”

“ ... Hey,” the tall figure turned back and flashed a smile towards him.

MyungSoo carefully walked closer, he couldn’t read SungYeol’s mind so he had no idea what the older guy about to think right now.

“ Want some coffee?”

“ No, thanks,” MyungSoo peered SungYeol’s face expression from the corner of his eyes. “ Can’t sleep?”

SungYeol shook his head slowly, his eyes never leave the coffee machine as that metal equipment boiled the coffee beans. He opened the cabinet, took a big mug with owl printed  and closed it with his leg. MyungSoo couldn’t help to stay silent and admiring the latter.

“ Habit,” SungYeol managed to speak when the coffee machine made a ding sound as the sign that the coffee was ready. “ I always awake at 2, since few years ago.”

“ Oh,” MyungSoo replied shortly. And I don’t know why.

SungYeol sipped his hot coffee, savored the brown liquid and smiling widely like a kid.

“ You loves coffee so much, huh?”

“ They made me relax.”

“ I should try that when SungGyu hyung nag at me then,” MyungSoo blurted out and earned a tingling feeling on his stomach as SungYeol laughed sincerely.

MyungSoo followed SungYeol like a lost puppy when the taller guy decided to make himself comfortable and choose the balcony on the upstairs.

He blinked his eyes several times, as he stared at the night scenery from up there. Sky were so dark, but with the light from suburban houses, everything wasn’t that dark. Both of them simultaneously closed their eyes as the night wind blew and caresses their face.

“ Isn’t it pretty?”

MyungSoo nodded as a reply. He put his right arms and propped his chin, feeling he was somehow like free from all his problems.

“ I should brought my camera here,” MyungSoo chuckled.

“ You can use my instax camera,” SungYeo offered as he sipped his coffee. “ I leave it on my room here—“

MyungSoo grabbed SungYeol’s hand as the older want to walk away and shook his head, “ No need to, I’m not really want to take a picture.”

SungYeol’s eyebrows raised in confusion. He shrugged and back to MyungSoo’s side.

The comfortable silence wrapped both as the time pass by. They still silent for about ten minutes, but somehow this isn’t felt like awkward or tense. But a cozy and mild silence as they’re still holding hands.

“ Why are you avoiding me?”

SungYeol kept staring straight at the sky. “ Nothing.”

“ There’s always be a reason, Yeol.”

“ ...”

“ Yeol,” MyungSoo turned and stared at SungYeol.

He did stared back, but no reply.

“ Did I hurt your feelings?”

“ ...”

Uh-oh, am I asking a stupid question?

“ No. You’re okay with me.”

MyungSoo breathed a relief sighs.

“ I’m just—“

“ ...Speak it out.”

“ I’m just not used to opened up to a person this fast, I was used to alone, look after everything myself. And when I moved here, all of you—all of you just made me... comfortable.”

MyungSoo stay silent, being a good listener.

“ It was too comfortable until I’m scared, if I was too comfortable, too opened...,” SungYeol’s eyes was filled by fear, he unconsiously gripped MyungSoo’s hand tightly. And their fingers fit well each other.

“I was scared to be hurt...”

MyungSoo clasped SungYeol’s hand softly as he said, “ Okay, enough. I don’t want to forced you to say anything, Yeol.”

SungYeol bit his bottom lip and lowered his head when MyungSoo take him inside. The younger boy pulled him and told him to sat on the couch while MyungSoo was dissapeared to downstairs.

Few minutes later, MyungSoo showed up. He hugged SungYeol’s pink think blanket which is almost obstruct his sight and carefully made a way to SungYeol who curled on the couch with face hid between his folded long legs.

“ Thanks,” SungYeol mumbled as MyungSoo covered his body with the blanket.

The younger boy joined SungYeol and grinned as SungYeol chuckled when they realized they had to shared the blanket.

“ Do you mind?”

“ No, Myung. It’s okay.”

MyungSoo plopped himself on the couch and got inside the blanket. He pulled out his black iPod and busy picking song when SungYeol yawned.

“ Sleepy, huh?”

SungYeol nodded as he rubbed his eyes and yawned once again.

MyungSoo chuckled at the cute sight of SungYeol and smiled as he plugged the right earphone into SungYeol’s ear while he had the left one.

“ So—when you avoiding me, that doesn’t mean you hate me?”

SungYeol nodded, “ Off course not, why would I hate you?”

 

The hand left with nothing but scars caresses me,

“I will console your solitude”

 

“ Glad that you didn’t hate me,” MyungSoo chuckled. “ Remember, Yeol. You’re not alone now. You had all of your trusted new bestfriends whom I sure that they didn’t want to see you sad.”

“ Yeah.”

“ That you have people to shared something, people who loved you and hate whenever you’re crying or sad—you have us. And me.”

SungYeol stared back at MyungSoo with his twinkling doe-like eyes.

“ Thanks, Myung. “

 

The meaningless lips are quite busy,

“I will sing for you”

 

“ I’ll gladly tripped over something if that could make you laugh, and I can sing too! Eventhough maybe my voice isn’t great as SungGyu hyung does—“ MyungSoo slightly pouted as SungYeol smiled. “ I will sing for you.”

“ Thanks, Myung.”

MyungSoo smiled back, made his eyes dissapeared into cresent moon shaped, “ Anytime you need me.”

“ I got it.”

 

I couldn’t say anything

There was no one, there.

There was no miracle

 

Maybe this is the time I would forget about that pain.

Maybe this is the time I shall opened a new page of my life, forgetting all the stinging pain on my chest back then because of—Yeah, I guess so.

MyungSoo’s eyes went wide as he heard SungYeol’s thought.

And I’m going to heal slowly. I hope so.

His stomach feel weird when he sensed warmth as SungYeol’s hand held his hand tightly. MyungSoo couldn’t helped but leaned his head on SungYeol’s shoulder.

“ Nuguna nugunga piryohan geonde, my beloved valentine...,” MyungSoo sang the last line and whispered, “ Sleep tight, Yeol.”

Little did they know, the truth is going to reveal.

 

When there is always someone who needs someone.

My beloved valentine

Nell – Hopeless Valentine

 

 

-to be continued-

 

AHA HELLO EVERYONE ! hahaha

i'm so sorry i have been late for updating cause college was already started :3 heheh

probably i'll update this story about once a week

thanks for everyone who had read this and subscribe *cough*or a silent reader*cough*

leave comment cause your comment was my strength ! 

once again, thank you very gamsaaa !