Chapter 4

Best You Ever Had

Sooyoung hurried into the elevator at work the next morning, not really paying attention to the other passengers inside as she glanced down at her phone.

"No phones in the building."

"Look I-" Looking up at the owner of the deep voice she laughed and hit his arm. "You idiot."

"Baby~" Chanyeol pulled her towards him and nuzzled his face in her hair.

Meanwhile a very nauseated Donghae looked down at his feet, trying to fight his urge not to jump out of the elevator.

"Yah, Donghae." The taller man glanced at him, making Sooyoung widen her eyes in shock at the recognition of the other man.

"Mm?"

"You don't mind if I steal her away for a little while do you?" Chanyeol laughed, leading them out of the elevators as the doors shut behind the three of them.

"Why would I mind?" Donghae squinted in confusion and a little irritation.

"Sooyoung says you two were good friends before." An obviously oblivious Chanyeol looked down at his girlfriend, who seemed to be at a loss for words.

"Uh, yeah. We were just friends."

"Just friends." Donghae nodded, glaring at her from the corner of his eye.

"Ohhh...kay?" Chanyeol shrugged, blinking as his phone rang out. "Oh, I'll be right back."

"Save me a seat in the meeting?" Sooyoung grabbed his arm and he nodded before he ran outside.

"So."

"So."

"Um, I need to see Mangdeol." Donghae averted his eyes and went into Mangdeol's office alone.

"Sir?"

"Hae, you know you don't need to call me that. Your father and I were good friends, it's alright."

"O-Oh, um. Okay." Sliding the door shut gently, he sat across from the older man.

"So how's the plans with you and Sooyoung?"

"Um, good. She'll present them today and I'll tell Uncle."

"Great. Um, Donghae."

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Just asking." Mangdeol brushed it off, Donghae not realizing he noticed the way his fists were clenched around the armrests of the chair. "Oh, can you take this to Chanyeol for me?"

Donghae nodded as he was handed a small folder. "No problem."

Stepping back into the office he looked in the direction that Chanyeol had went and saw him still on the phone, so he decided to go outside and wait until he was done. Not too far away, he overheard Chanyeol laughing as his back was turned to him.

"She's so stupid! I mean, yeah, we slept together and everything but that doesn't mean I love her."

Donghae's eyes widened in shock. He couldn't be talking about Sooyoung was he-

-HE SLEPT WITH SOOYOUNG?

Jumping behind the nearest bush, he peeked over the top, just enough to see the younger man but he still wasn't visible himself.

"And Appa likes her. He wants me to marry her but I can't handle that. And SERIOUSLY! Yumi's way hotter. The other night I was at her place, she was..."

Blanking out on the conversation, Donghae didn't even realize the way he was gripping onto the folder in his hands and bending it. Sooyoung had told him the other night that Chanyeol didn't come over because he was out of town with his father. And wasn't Yumi the receptionist out front? Trying to steady his breathing he glanced back out at Chanyeol.

"Yeah, tonight I'm meeting Yumi in Seongnam...Sooyoung? I'll just tell her I was with Appa again or something."

"YOU ER!"

"Huh?" Chanyeol turned around in confusion, not seeing anyone around and shrugged to himself. Donghae, meanwhile, stooped as low as he could, biting his palm to make up for his outburst. Waiting until Chanyeol returned to his phone, he snuck back into the building, walking back out calmly and tapping the taller man's shoulder.

"Mm? Donghae, hey. Um, were you just outside?"

"Me? No, I was inside with Mangdeol hyung. Why?" Donghae widened his eyes, feigning innocence.

"No reason. Is that what Appa wanted to give me?" He motioned to the folder and Donghae nodded, handing it to him. "Thanks. So you and Sooyoung have to present later, right?"

"Yeah."

"Well, good luck. She's a real handful, if you know what I mean." Chanyeol laughed good-naturedly, sticking out his hand with the expectancy of a handshake. 

"Thanks." Donghae took his hand, tightening his grip as much as he could with a smirk.

"U-Uh, quite a grip." Chanyeol blinked, pulling his hand away.

"Thanks. Thanks so much. That means a lot."


Sooyoung mumbled apologies as she stormed into the meeting late, sitting in the only available seat left; next to Chanyeol and in front of Donghae. Settling down she glanced at Chanyeol.

"Hi."

"Shh, not now." Chanyeol scolded her, jumping as he felt the back of his chair pushed forward suddenly. Glancing back he squinted at an innocent Donghae.

"Sorry. Just stretching my arm."

"And now, Sooyoung, one of our top PR consultants will explain the plans she has developed for the next few months." Earning a round of applause from the small group, the tall brunette smiled at everyone as she took her place behind the podium after Mangdeol stepped down.

"Thank you sir. As you see..." Nearly half an hour went into the explanations of the plans they had made the other night. "But of course, I wouldn't have finished this all by myself. It's not only my duty but an honor to also credit to Mr. Jaeseok's nephew, Donghae, who happens to be a close friend of mine and helped a lot with putting this together." 

Donghae blinked sheepishly as everyone turned to him, offering praise and a clap here and there. Nodding at them he smiled a little at Sooyoung, who in turn did the same. 

Not long after the meeting ended, the only three remaining being the trio from the elevator.

"Are you still coming over tonight?" Sooyoung looked up at Chanyeol, whose arms were wrapped around her waist.

"Um, no. Didn't I tell you? I have to work with Appa tonight."

"Again?"

"Mmhmm."

"7 tonight, right, oppa?" Yumi suddenly appeared in the doorway, backing up slightly when she noticed the other female.

"Yup." When Chanyeol realized the way Sooyoung was glaring at him he shrugged. "She needs a ride home. Her boyfriend can't make it."

"Oh."

"So how long have you two been together?" Donghae asked Chanyeol with a smirk.

"...2 months?"

"4, actually." The tall brunette glared at him.

"Oh yeah."

Chanyeol dropped a kiss on her head, going into his own office as Sooyoung sighed. "Well, I guess I'll get some more work done tonight."

"Do you want any more help?" Donghae spoke softly, making her lift her head slightly.

"You really want to help me after I acted like that last night?"

"Everyone has their moments." Donghae shrugged, smiling as his own form of apology. "But um, Soo?"

"Yeah?"

"Chanyeol? I don't like him."

"I told you, he's a nice guy."

"Right. Then 7 tonight?"

"7."


A/N - It's going to be another double update to make up for me not being able to update as much this week because of school~^^;