Chapter 3

Best You Ever Had

Sooyoung was about to get up when Donghae wrapped his fingers around her wrist, pulling her back down gently. Looking up in confusion, she was about to ask him what was going on when he started leaning towards her and she felt as if her ability to speak was gone.

And then his lips were on hers.

Sooyoung blinked in shock, about to back away in protest when her eyes seemed to close themselves and her hands s around his neck, his doing the same as he pulled her closer. His free hand made its way up and down her back in a soothing motion and she opened slightly, giving his tongue entrance to . Just as she felt his come into contact with hers, her eyes snapped open and she pulled away, shaking her head.

"I can't do this."

"What-"

"Donghae, no." Getting up she made her way to the balcony doors, stuggling with the lock and pushing them open as he followed her outside. The air outside was chilly and the lights from the city flickered below them, but the tall brunette didn't pay attention to anything as she tried to steady her breathing.

"What's wrong?" Donghae tried to ask again, not getting any response. "Soo, just tell me." He tugged on her arm softly, tilting his head at the nervous expression on her face.

"I...just can't, okay. I can't do this. Not now." She pushed his arm away, trying to cover up as her voice cracked a little.

"Sooyoung, tell me what's wrong."

"Donghae, I have a boyfriend." Biting her lip as the words left , she cringed as his expression hardened.

"Oh."

"But it doesn't matter, you and I already broke up, so-"

"Who."

"Why do you-"

"Who."

"Y-You don't know him. He's Mangdeol's son, Chanyeol. Right now he's VP at the company."

"Well, that explains a lot, doesn't it?" He laughed sarcastically and shook his head, raising his eyebrows as she glared at him.

"Are you calling me a-"

"Oh, no, no. Not at all." His voice was dripping with sarcasm now.

"Look, he's a nice-"

"So you're not the least bit happy that he can help you out with your promotion with Mangdeol? The least bit?"

"I-"

"You're with the company's vice president, damn it. I'm sure once you do whatever he says and act like a little puppet, he'll be glad to-"

"Would you shut up? Seriously, you're not one to talk."

"At least I'm not in 'love' with someone just to get a better position at work." He made air quotes around the word 'love'. When Sooyoung stayed quiet, he smirked. "That's what I thought."

"Why should you care anyways?" Her sudden snap made him look down at her in surprise, sighing as she averted her eyes from him.

"Because you're smart. And you're really good at your job. You don't need to stoop so low and date the president's son-"

"And I don't need to date the donor's nephew, either."

"Oh." Donghae stepped back slightly, fighting the urge to double over as if she'd just hit him in his stomach.

"Donghae, I-"

"Never said you had to." He pulled his keys out of his pocket, going back inside without saying a word. Sooyoung rolled her eyes in frustration, following him and locking back the doors.

"Hae, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it." She grabbed onto his arm.

"Whatever." Shaking off her hand, he glared at her. "Don't worry, you'll get your money. I won't stand in the way of you and your job. That's obviously more important." Just as he stepped through the doorway Sooyoung pulled back his arm.

"Seriously. Why are you so touchy. Get over yourself. You're the one that left."

The two of them stared at each other, their chests heaving as they tried to steady their breathing.

"Soo-"

"Just go." Slamming the door she covered , sighing as she slid against the door till she was flat on the floor. Shaking her head, she hugged her knees to her chest and groaned.

"What just happened."


Donghae gritted his teeth as Sooyoung locked the door, mumbling curse after curse to himself as he hurried down to the lobby, storming into his car and slamming the door behind him. As he turned the ignition, he glared at his reflection in the rearview mirror.

"WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID? HUH? WHY'D YOU LET THAT HAPPEN?" Shouting at himself, he knocked his fist on the top of the steering wheel, leaning back in his seat with a sigh.

"What just happened."


A/N - See? Double update~^^