Chapter 4

We Are Distances Apart

*Planet of Proto*

“Hyung-nim, hyung-nim, hyung-nim!!” Baekhyun said frantically as he rushed into Kangin’s office without knocking.

“Baekhyun-ah? What’s the problem?” Kangin asked with a hint of concern, standing up from his desk and approaching the younger man.

“We found a planet!” Baekhyun shouted happily.

“A planet? So..? Don’t you find planets all the time?” Kangin asked.

“But hyung! This planet is THE planet!!” Baekhyun tried to explain.

“THE planet…?” Kangin asked, gradually becoming very confused.

“The men from our dreams are on that planet hyung-nim! We just know it!” Baekhyun said.

Kangin’s heart hammered in his chest. “…You serious?”

“I am serious hyung-nim! And Dongho said that they should be finished the space craft by the end of the day!!”  Baekhyun, who was now practically bouncing around, said.

“Woah…” was all Kangin could manage to say.

He couldn’t believe that his mystery man was so close yet so far…

“Hyung! This is the best ever, right?” Baekhyun asked when he didn’t get much response from the older man.

“No, no, no…This is better than the best ever Baekhyun!!” Kangin said, smiling his raccoon smile.

“I can’t believe we’re really going!!” Baekhyun beamed.

“I’m going to have to announce it to the city. Just in case others have been having dreams of somebody too. They can come with us free of charge” Kangin said.

~~~

“Attention all citizens of Proto” Kangin’s voice said through the speakers throughout the city. “AJ and Dongho of the Proto Head of State Building have recently been working on a space craft to allow us to travel into out of space. If you have been having strange dreams of somebody and you are longing to be together with them, then please report to the Head of State Building waiting room and you will be spoken to by me personally. Thank you”

Kangin’s voice stopped flowing through the speakers and Joon looked over at Yesung.

“This is the answer Yesung-hyung” Joon smiled cheekily.

“Do you think hyung-nim has been having those dreams too?” Yesung asked, curious as to why their leader had asked such a strange request like that.

“Who? Kim Kangin? He doesn’t strike me as the romantic type though…” Joon said, leaning back in his chair and taking another long sip of his milkshake.

“You should see what love does to you though” Yesung laughed “Love can take you anywhere”

“You think? Maybe love will even take me to a job?” Joon joked.

“Yeah…maybe…” Yesung said, looking off into the distance.

“…When I make a joke, you know you’re supposed to laugh, right?” Joon said.

“Oh, right” Yesung said, laughing a short fake laugh.

“That’s more like it!” Joon said, nudging the older man in the ribs.

“Well, we better get going then. The State Building is a fair walk away and it’s not like we have a car or anything” Yesung sighed as the two began their long walk.

~~~

“Yah, hyung!” Eunhyuk called out.

Kangin turned around and spotted Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun walking towards him.

“Yes?”

“Are Dongho and AJ really going to build a star craft…I mean space craft?” Kyuhyun asked.

Kangin nodded in response.

“But…why did you mention about the strange dreams hyung?” Eunhyuk asked, scratching his head.

“We know where the mystery people from our dreams are Eunhyukkie! They’re on a planet not that far from here. So that’s why they built the rocket and we are leaving tonight” Kangin informed.

“Tonight?” Eunhyuk asked with excitement “TONIGHT!! TONIGHT!!”

Eunhyuk clapped his hands and danced while Kyuhyun just stood there awkwardly.

“Hyung…I’ve been having those dreams too” he admitted.

“You?” Kangin chuckled “I thought you already found your true love, StarCraft”

“Hyung-nim… I’m being serious” he said.

“Okay, I believe you but you better not ruin this holiday for everybody else, got it?”

“Got it hyung!” Kyuhyun said sweetly before joining in dancing with Eunhyuk.

“Boss!” Heechul called out.

“Heechul? Why are you here?” Kangin asked.

“No reason. I just heard dumb and dumber shouting and dancing over here so I thought I might come and tell them to shut the hell up” he said coolly.

“Are you sure you haven’t been having strange dreams lately?” Kangin asked with a smirk.

“Okay…yes. But tell anyone and you will be a dead man” Heechul said coldly.

Kangin just chuckled and pat Heechul on the back a little too hard.

Heechul nearly fell to the ground at the impact and he tried to regain his composure.

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” Tao asked as he entered the room.

“This gigantic thing practically smashed me into the ground!!” Heechul shouted, pointing at the man being accused.

“Come on hyung. It was just a light tap” Kangin said while chuckling to himself.

“Oh yeah and hyung-nim. I wanted to come and see you about the dream thing” Tao said just above a whisper.

“I see. Well you can just sit down and wait for everyone else to get here” Kangin said with a smile.

“Thankyou hyung-nim!” Tao said before taking a seat.

After several more minutes everybody had arrived there…all except for Yesung and Joon.

“I think that’s everybody” Kangin said with a smile “As all of you probably already know, you are all here because you have been having dreams of somebody who you wish was with you all the time and Dongho and AJ have just finished building a space craft. If you choose to then you will be coming with us on this space craft for free. We will be traveling to a planet that we believe our dream people are living on!”

Looks of astonishment washed across most of the people’s faces. They were so amazed and happy that they just couldn’t speak. All except Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun of course who were still dancing and shouting in the corner.

“I will give you some time to pack your luggage and when you are done you can all meet me back here and we will be boarding the space craft” Kangin announced.

~~~

“We have to hurry Joon-ah! Or we won’t make it on time” Yesung panicked as he stole a quick glance at his watch.

“I know hyung! But I can’t walk any faster” Joon complained.

They had been walking for an hour already and they had just entered the main part of the city where the State Building was located. The building was on the other side of the main street and the main street was long. It went on for at least fifty blocks!

“Hyung! I think I can see the top of State Building! We’re almost there” Joon said.

“Let’s hope so Joon” Yesung said quietly, silently praying in his head that they would get there on time.

~~~

“We will now be boarding the space craft. Please don’t rush to get on board. Have a safe flight and remember the safety procedures we went through before boarding the plane” Dongho’s voice said through an intercom.

Everyone lined up and entered the plane. Kangin was about to close the hatch when somebody called out his name.

“Hyung-nim wait!”

Out of the corner of his eye Kangin spotted two men running towards the space craft. He recognised one of the men as Yesung and he didn’t recognise the other man at all.

“Yesung-ah. What are you doing here?” Kangin asked.

“My friend and I have been having dreams like you spoke about” he said, sounding out of breath.

“Then please come aboard. We are flying to the planet that the people from our dreams live on” Kangin explained quickly while ushering the two men inside.

“Really?” Yesung and Joon said in unison.

This really was the best thing to ever happen in their lives! They couldn’t believe it!!

“Go and take a seat you guys. It will take us around and hour or so to reach our destination” Kangin instructed.

“Yes hyung-nim!” they said before walking towards the back of the craft.

The rest of the trip was quiet. Everyone was left alone in their thoughts and they felt pure bliss.

~~~

“Wake up!” Kangin shouted through the intercom.

Everybody in the space craft was jolted awake at the loud voice.

“Where are we?” Eunhyuk asked in a groggy voice.

“We’ve arrived at the planet, you ” Heechul explained.

“I’m not a …” Eunhyuk said, still sounding half asleep.

“Yes you are” Heechul retorted.

“No I’m not” Eunhyuk said back.

“Yes you are”

“No I’m not”

“Yes you are”

“NOBODY IS A , OKAY?!?” Kangin bursted out as he walked into the cabin.

“Woah…calm down” Heechul commented.

“You want ME to calm down?” Kangin asked.

“Yes” Heechul said with a small mischievous smile planted on his face.

“Do you want me to shove MY fist into YOUR face?!?!” Kangin lashed out.

“Only if you want me to shove MY finger up YOUR ” Heechul shouted back.

Kangin just rolled his eyes and walked away. He had better things to deal with then Kim Heechul right now. He would always fight over stupid things with Heechul. To them it was bonding, or something like that anyway.

“When we exit the space craft I want everyone to stay together, okay? Nobody leaves the group” Kangin instructed as they exited the space craft one by one.

They had landed in the middle of the forest so it was hard to tell where they were. It felt strange to be in a place with no tall buildings everywhere.

“I’m guessing this place doesn’t have wifi” Kyuhyun commented sadly.

“That’s the understatement of the century. There is no technology or signs of existence anywhere” Dongho said.

“Let’s just find where the people are, okay?” Kangin said.

He was starting to worry as to whether or not they had the right place. There were no signs of people and he was starting t get hungry…who the hell forgot to bring food?...oh yeah, right that was him…oh, well.

“Hyung-nim, can you hear that?” Yesung asked.

Everybody listened very carefully and Yesung was right. Music could be heard in the distance. Yesung started to hum along with the tune.

“Guys, let’s follow the sound of the music” Kangin instructed.

*10 minutes later*

The music could be heard more easily now. It was like the music was right in front of them. But all that was there were trees and more trees.

“Hyung-nim! Look over there!” Baekhyun said, excitement laced in his voice.

Kangin looked over to where the younger was pointing and sure enough, over the trees and through the shrubs, there was a village. There were people walking around a marketplace, there was a person on a stage singing along to another person playing a guitar and there were children playing happily in small wooden carts.

Yesung’s eyes were glued to the person singing on stage. His voice was amazing and sent chills up his spine. To be honest, he reminded him of the man of his dreams. Maybe this was him?

But Kyuhyun’s eyes drifted over to the man playing the guitar. He looked so concentrated on what he was doing and the way he nibbled at his lip drove Kyuhyun crazy. This was definitely the right guy.

Dongho looked through the crowed and spotted a man playing with a group of children. He smiled caringly to the children as he gave them various gifts. Dongho’s heart melted at the sight. Was this the man he had come all this way for?

Heechul also looked around and spotted a man who was far away from everybody else. He seemed to be practising his karate skills or something unless he was just punching thin air because he was insane or something… the way he cut at the air with force gave Heechul some weird sort of pleasure. He knew it was going to be fun here.

Tao had spotted an overly tall man who was leaning against the stage and simply watching the crowd. Tao knew instantly that this was the man he had fallen in love with in his dreams.

And AJ had spotted a beautiful man standing over by one of the stalls. He was talking to another man and AJ felt his blood boil. He knew he shouldn’t be jealous because they were probably just friends but he really couldn’t help it.

Joon had spotted the exact same man that AJ was jealous of and he was getting jealous of the man AJ loved. The man that Joon had his eyes on was fairly short and he was talking animatedly and using all sorts of weird actions while he was speaking. This was definitely Joon’s guy.

Baekhyun spotted a man with a huge smile on his face as he was talking to a large group of people. Occasionally he would laugh happily and Baekhyun couldn’t help but laugh along even though he was a long distance away from the man and had no idea what was going on to make him laugh like that.

Eli on the other hand had spotted an amazingly beautiful man who was holding onto another man’s hand. The look on his face said he didn’t want to be there. Was this other man treating his one true love badly? Eli felt angry inside but he couldn’t just go over there! That would be insane!

“Guys~ Let’s go!!” Baekhyun said excitedly.

“You guys can go. I’m still trying to find him…” Kangin said.

“I thought you said that we should all stick together” Dongho said in a confused way.

“That’s what I said before. Now I change my mind” Kangin said simply.

“Okay guys, let’s just go then” Yesung said.

“Hyung” Eunhyuk said quietly “Can I stay with you? I can’t find my dream guy either”

“Sure” Kangin smiled.

Kangin and Eunhyuk stayed behind and looked through the bushes while the others headed toward the village to speak to their dreams…

~~~

A/N I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! They’re getting closer and closer to meeting eachother^^ YAY!! :PP haha~ sorry it’s taking them so long to meet lol