Storm On The Horizon

Waldosia

Somewhere in the world, another person closed their laptop. "Sweet dreams, Dragon. May you sleep in peace." She whispered, a gentle smile gracing her lips.

"Tiffany!" A voice called in the distance. "Hurry up, we're gonna be late!"

"Coming!" Tiffany grabbed her bag and was out the door in an instant.

"Do you have everything? Your keys? Your phone? Your wallet?"

Tiffany pouted. "Come on, Taeyeon. I'm not that forgetful."

Taeyeon shot her an unconvinced look, but didn't say anything. She waited until Tiffany stepped out before locking the front door behind her.

Tiffany spotted someone waiting across the street and waved. "Sunggyu!" She called, dashing across the street.

"Whoa
" Sunggyu barely had time to react when Tiffany threw her arms around him and hugged him. "Hi, did you miss me?"

She pulled back slightly and beamed at him. "Very much!" She looked into his car and pouted. "But where are my souvenirs?"

"She wants her presents, not you." Taeyeon replied, coming up to stand beside Tiffany. Sunggyu rolled his eyes. "Welcome home, cousin. How does it feel to be back?"

Sunggyu glanced down at Tiffany's head of shiny curls and smiled. "Great." It's like I never left.


Still in love with her, huh? Taeyeon stared at him before turning her gaze toward her best friend. She nudged Tiffany. "You're killing my cousin." She deadpanned.

"Oh!" Tiffany's eyes widened before her arms dropped from Sunggyu's neck. "Sorry."

Sunggyu glared at Taeyeon, who merely stuck her tongue at him. To spite him even more, she grabbed Tiffany's hand and pushed her gently into the backseat of the car.

"Drive away, Sunggyu."

"Aye aye, Captain." He retorted sarcastically before getting into the driver's seat.

"Fany?"

"Hm...?" Tiffany answered absentmindedly.

Taeyeon knew that look on her best friend's face. It was the look she got every time some stranger messaged her on her website. She didn't like that Tiffany spent so much time reading these people's stories and sacrificing sleep to find an answer to help them. Her best friend didn't need the added stress. But what could she do? Tiffany glowed every time someone thanked her for helping them.

So, she let her be.

"Did you meet someone new?" Taeyeon asked, her eyes met Sunggyu's in the mirror.

"Yeah..."

"What's their name?"

Tiffany's eyes sparkled. "His name is Dragon."


"Dragon?"

She nodded eagerly. "That's what he told me to call him."

"And...?"

"He's beautiful." She whispered. "Devastatingly beautiful."

The faraway look on Tiffany's face told Taeyeon that this Dragon would be one of those annoying people who had the ability to steal her best friend away. Once in a while, there would be a story that broke Tiffany's heart and she would drop everything to make it right in that person's world. It didn't matter that nobody knew who she was. Tiffany never cared. It wasn't the acknowledgement that mattered, it was being able to lend a hand when somebody needed it.

Her selflessness was a beautiful thing and Taeyeon admired her best friend for having an extraordinary amount of it. But for once, she wished Tiffany would put herself before other people. Not that she ever would. But she could dream right?

Taeyeon sighed. "He's special, isn't he?"

"One of a kind."

And just like that, Taeyeon let it go. Perhaps, Tiffany was destined to be a walking angel, one who cast sunlight wherever she went. If this was her calling, who was she to take that away from her? Taeyeon glanced at Tiffany, who flashed her a dreamy smile, and smiled to herself.

No. She would never hurt Tiffany. Not when she too was saved by her.

"
yeon... Taengoo!"

Taeyeon's head jerked up at the sound of her childish nickname. She scowled. "Kim Sunggyu, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?"

Sunggyu rolled his eyes at the blazing look in Taeyeon's eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Only Tiffany can call you that." He retorted, imitating Taeyeon's voice. Taeyeon reached behind her and whacked Sunggyu with the pillow.
"Hey! Watch it. Have you ever heard the rule about disturbing the driver while he is operating his vehicle?"

"No." She deadpanned.

"Well, if we get into an accident, I'm telling your mom it was your fault."

"Like she would believe you."

"She loves me."

"She loves Myungsoo more."

"You take that back!"

A giggle interrupted their childish bickering. Taeyeon pouted. "Don't laugh, Fany. Sunggyu's being mean to me. Beat him up for me."

"You're his noona. You can beat him up yourself." Tiffany laughed. "Or you can tell Myungsoo and he'll do it for you."

Taeyeon gasped. "You've changed! Who are you and what have you done to my overprotective best friend? The one who used to beat up boys for me, but lose and end up crying to me? What have you done to her?" She joked, shaking Tiffany's shoulders playfully.

Tiffany laughed and the tinkling sound echoed in the car. Both Sunggyu and Taeyeon smiled. It had been so long since they heard her laugh. Not since they found out Tiffany's secret.

"Alright, alright." Tiffany blurted out between giggles. "You win. I'll beat up Gyu oppa for you" Taeyeon beamed. "But only after he stops the car."

Taeyeon deflated and sulked. "Fine. You owe me."

"Pinky promise." Tiffany held out her pinky and touched thumbs with Taeyeon. "Cross my heart and hope to die."

Taeyeon winced inwardly, but plastered on a smile and linked pinkies with her. "Cross my heart and hope to die."

Sunggyu shook his head. "Girls..."

The two best friends stuck their tongue at him. "Boys..."


After two hours of traffic, they managed to reach their destination with ten minutes to spare.

"Finally!" Taeyeon replied, "We made it~" When no one answered her, she turned around. Only to find Sunggyu and Tiffany walking into the cafe, hand in hand. "Hey! Wait for me!"

"Welcome to TNT
Hey! Welcome back!"

Sunggyu smiled and ruffled the waiter's hair with his free hand. "
Thanks, Hoya. It's good to be back."

Hoya was about to say something when his eyes caught sight of his manager's hands. He gestured for Sunggyu to lean in. "When did you start going out with the boss lady?"

Sunggyu flushed a deep red. "It's not like that!"

"Not like what?"

Sunggyu whirled around at the sound of Tiffany's voice. "Uh...I...um..." He stammered, trying to think of something. He nudged Hoya. "Help me..." He murmured through his teeth.

"We were just saying that TNT is not like any other cafes around here. We're one of a kind." Hoya replied, a charming smile on his face.

"Well, of course we are." A voice said from behind them. "We're special." Taeyeon beamed.

Hoya nodded. "Yes, ma'am."

Taeyeon eyed him. "Don't you have work to do?"

Uh oh. Hoya gulped. "Table 3's latte!" And dashed away.

"That boy..." Taeyeon remarked.

"Let him be. He may be forgetful, but he's a hell of a charmer." Sunggyu smirked. "Our customers love him."

"Hmph."

Tiffany tugged on his hand and he glanced down at her. "Presents." She prompted sweetly.

He sighed. "In my office."

She squealed and ran to the elevator. "Hurry up!" She gestured. "I want to see my presents!"

"I told you." Taeyeon gloated as she stepped into the elevator, a wicked grin on her face.

"Shut up."


"Totoro~"

Taeyeon watched Tiffany run towards the giant plush doll sitting on the couch and shook her head, amused. "That girl never changes. Still in love with Totoro."

"She's perfect the way she is."

Taeyeon turned towards her cousin and raised an eyebrow. "And when do you plan on telling her that?"

"Never."

"Are you giving up?"

Sunggyu smiled softly. "No."

"Then what are you waiting for?" Taeyeon encouraged. "Go for it."

He shook his head. "Look at her." They spotted Tiffany sitting on the floor in a pile of wrapping paper, smiling like she found gold. "She's happy. I don't want to tell her that I've been in love with her since I was five years old and force her to make a decision."

Taeyeon opened to protest when Sunggyu sighed.

"Taengoo, please. She doesn't need to know. I'm happy just seeing her happy."

"I would've thought you would seize the opportunity." She slid her gaze towards him. "Guess you're not as impulsive as you were back then."

"I've changed." He smirked. "There are many things you don't know about me."

"I'll never understand you."

"You don't need to."

The sound of glass shattering forced their attention back to Tiffany, who was no longer merrily opening presents. The sight of a deathly pale Tiffany sprawled on the floor broke Taeyeon's heart.

"Tiffany!" She called, running to her side. "Wake up! Please wake up!"

Sunggyu rushed over to the fallen Tiffany and picked her up. She was so damn light it scared him. "Taeyeon, let's go. Call Doctor Lee."

Taeyeon ran after him, her phone against her ear. All the while, she prayed to God.

Please God, don't take her away. Her time isn't up yet. Please. She still has so much to live for. Please give her more time. Don't take away my best friend. Can you hear me?! Don't take her away! Please...

But deep down in her heart, Taeyeon knew no matter how hard they tried to ignore it, time was ticking. And with each day that passed, God was step closer to stealing her best friend away. The pretense was over. She knew it was only a matter of time before she had to say goodbye. She just hadn't thought it would be so soon.

Please be okay, Fany.


A/N: Well, okay. I'm so prepared to get shot by you guys. LOL /hides