Hair

Kissing You

 

Jongdae awakes with a yelp, chest heaving and adrenaline pumping through his veins as he tries to get the nightmare out of his mind. He rolls over, expecting to cuddle into a familiar embrace, but is disappointed to find the space empty.  He glances at the clock, confusion blooming as 3:27 blinks back at him through the darkness of his room.  Drowsiness taking over once more, he lays back down, sighing against the fabric of his pillow case.

Where could Minseok be at this hour? He knew for a fact that his baozi-like boyfriend had come home with the rest of the group, vowing to get a good night’s sleep even if it killed him. Assuming he had gone to the kitchen to get a cup of water, Jongdae decides to wait for the elder’s return.

When ten minutes pass and the bed remains cold, he stands up shakily, limbs weighed down and feet barely sliding into his slippers, and makes his way to the kitchen.  The light nearly blinds him as the turns the corner, his hunch being confirmed as he spots a slumped figure on the dining room’s table.  It seems Minseok had fallen back to sleep in the midst of his nightly escapade, cup still full and arms folded neatly under his chin.

Jongdae smiles at the sight, endeared by his disheveled appearance.  Padding silently over to his side, he gently gathers the elder into his arms and carries him back to bed, peppering light kisses into his hair every so often.  Grinning triumphantly after realizing he managed to keep the older man asleep, he lays him down, slipping his shoes off and sliding in carefully beside him.  As he wraps his arms around Minseok’s waist, it’s only a matter of minutes before falls back into a peaceful dream.