Behind the Ear

Kissing You

 

Jongdae entered the kitchen sluggishly, still unwilling to welcome the new day and rather put off about waking up alone. He sat down at the shared table, surprised to find he was the first member there, and laid his head against the wood, more in the mood to snuggle up to Minseok and fall back asleep. He had almost reached dreamland when the harsh tones of the news broadcaster filled the dorm.  A soft groan slipped through his lips.  He was about to tell off whoever had started the hellish noise, when a flash of pink appeared in his peripheral vision.

Pink?

This was more than enough to get him up and into the kitchen to figure out which of the other members had lost a bet.  Expecting to see a disgruntled Wu Fan or Yixing in attire they could never live down, it’s needless to say he was shocked at the sight he was greeted with instead.

A cheerful Minseok was bouncing about, mixing ingredients and turning dials on the stove, humming softly as he worked, in the frilliest apron the Jongdae had ever seen. It seemed even the ruffles had ruffles on the pink monstrosity.  Yet, the younger man couldn’t bring himself to laugh at the, what would be to others, humiliating garment.  Instead, he crept up behind his baozi-like band mate and wrapped his arms around his waist, chin resting on his shoulder as his fatigue settled in once more.

Minseok started, but relaxed almost instantly, recognizing the arms now clutching him to the slim body behind his own.  A small grin graced his features as he felt lips ghosting kisses just behind his right ear.  He would have let them stay in this position all morning had he not noticed the tell-tale signs of their breakfast burning.  He hastily turned in the embrace, pecking Jongdae’s cheek before releasing himself and getting back to work.

The younger smiled, pressing one last lingering kiss to the elder’s face, then proceeded to reclaim his resting spot, feeling much lighter than he had just moments before.