Saving the Trouble

Keep Your Lips Zipped

Your POV (Eunhyun's POV)

 

Why am I here.

I could be having so much fun right now accidentally breaking a few lamps then going to buy new ones. Or be having so much fun going on the Internet and blogging. Why is my life so much like a mortal.

"Stupid mortals." I grumbled when a few lowly people ran into me since they were rushing to work. In the morning I once again tried to get Joonmyun to follow my genius plan on getting there quicker, but he just refused and left the house ahead, making me run to catch up to him. I gave him an evil glare then walked with him to the school while grumbling about how stupid this was.

"We could maybe even teleport there and not be late ever again but noo, you want to do it the normal way!" I complained then socked him hard on the arm. He glared at me and I felt water rushing over my feet, dragging me down so that it was harder to walk. 

"Shut up, people might notice. Just hurry up." he growled at me. I tried to go faster but the water continued to hold me down and it felt like I was trying to swim against the rough ocean currents.

"Maybe I could walk faster if you stopped tieing me down with your stupid liquid chains!" I shouted and he glared at me with one of his rare stares that just told you that he isn't going to deal with this anymore then you watched as his eyes turned into a bright blue and the water disappeared. I sighed in relief and walked freely and happily from the lack of weight at my feet. I followed him quietly, knowing not to mess with him when he was angry or annoyed. He studies and practices a lot so his Limit and powers must be pretty high.

"Get to class, be careful, and pay attention." he said tersely then left me alone to leave to his own classroom. I sighed then sulked into the classroom.

"Morning sunshine!" Mr. Choi or also wants to be known as TOP said brightly to me when I walked in.

"Good morning to you too mister Top." I said and smiled at him. He laughed brightly, his deep voice echoeing around the classroom.

"Alright everybody I give you all another fifteen seconds before you are counted as late and you have my special punishment starting now." he said quickly and everyone rushed to their seats. By the time he reached the fifteen count, there was one empty seat and everyone prayed for that persons life. After another minute of TOP's bright huming, there were loud footsteps and a person bursting through panting.

"I'm so sorry that I'm late-" he said then looked at our faces. His face dropped and TOP cackled brightly from thinkin of the punishment.

"Punishment tiiiime!~" he said in a sing-song way. Everyone patted the boy's back - he was Jinki by the way - and wished him good luck. He tripped on the edge of my chair and at that moment everyone knew that he was screwed.

"Well, Lee Jinki, isn't it? Ready for your punishment?" TOP said a little too brightly. Everyone shifted in their seats ucomfortably but Jinki was probably the most scared.

"So, here it is!" Top opened up the computer screen and with a wave of his hand an entire document came out in paper as if he printed it. He cleared his throat and started in a deep voice full of authority.

"So you will clean up the entire classroom after our Control testing. And then after that we will have you... Oh you know what nevermind who's your Battle Strategy teacher?" TOP said and smiled at him sweetly.

Jinki gulped and said quietly, "D-Dara..." TOP laughed and clapped his hands giddily. Every stared with wide, terrified eyes.

"I will call her now." he said and he picked up the classroom phone and put it on speaker. When she picked up TOP sounded overly excited. "Ah yes, hello there Dara! I here that you are doing well, yes? Oh anyways, so our student here Lee Jinki showed up late to my class and I said that whoever was late will be punished. So I was hoping that when he goes to your class you'll help take care of it for me?" he said sweetly in his deep voice.

"Well sure, of course! Tell him to be ready!" she said then hung up after we heard a loud crash from the other line. TOP smiled and clapped his hands together brightly and smiled at us.

"Well then, let us continue now, shall we?" he said brightly. We looked at Jinki with worry, even I was worried for him. He was one of those guys that when you were sitting all alone he would go to you and talk to you as if the two of you have been best friends forever. He has actually gave me some company once before too when Joonmyun got sick. And that guy was freaking hilarious and he doesn't even have to try it's just natural to him.

Taemin patted his shoulder and promised to give him a big force field later when the time of need came. I made a mental note to numb pain on him as repayment for the other times that he has helped me.

TOP was probably the best Self Defense teacher there was out there. With just a few words, we would know what to do and how to do it. He always tested us on how to do it by doing some crazy examples, like throwing a piano at you, knives, pretty much anything that would kill you on contact really. He wasn't afraid to hurt us because the school had amazing healers and because he knows that we know that we could die so we would put our guard up. But, once or twice he would almost kill a kid and have to send him to the Magician's Grove where the finest healers came together to save a persons life. I bet that TOP has them on speed dial because of how often he needs to send a kid there.

Self Defense class flew by almost as fast as TOP being overly excited and throwing hammers at us. Everyone came out of the class pale and exhausted or limping as a few class healers healed their broken bones.

"WELCOME TO MY WONDERFUL CLASS OF- Oh hey Jinki you ready?" Dara said and smiled mischieviously at Jinki. He gulped and I saw Taemin from the corner of my eye wave his hand as softly as possible and a light transparent orb circle around Jinki.

"What a nice attempt to help him, Taemin. But you might have to take that down soon because of your Limit." she said and smiled at him brightly. Ever shivered and Taemin gulped but still kept it around him. "Suit yourself." she said then she started class. everything was going smoothly, nothing bad happened at least. I guess it was notes day because we only took notes instead of doing any dueling. The bell rang sharply and Jinki sighed in relief as he hurried to get out. Taemin was panting by the end and Dara laughed at him.

"That was more of a punishment to Taemin than Jinki. He wasn't even touched." Dara said then bursted out laughing. I laughed with her lightly then patted poor Taemin's back. I left the room and ran to the tree that Joonmyun and I always hung out at and I sat there, waiting for him to come and give me my sandwich. I sat there for ten minutes and he didn't come so I leaned onto my back and pouted. I waited another ten minutes and he never came.

"Where is that guy..." I grumbled then got up to go look for him. I looked for another five minutes then started skipping to make the search more eventful until I finally heard his voice.

"Hey Joonmyun, want to help me with this?" some guy that was extremely tall and seemed to tower over my short brother said as he grabbed onto Joonmyun's sleeve to drag him away.

"No thank you, I believe that you could do it yourself." Joonmyun said then smiled brightly. I scoffed at his stupid smile because that guy obviously didn't seem happy.

"Dude come on just tell me the answer." the guy grumbled. I rolled my eyes at the stupid loaf. He looked like an idiot and obviously he was one because he was picking a fight just for homework.

"No, I need to go find my sister now bye." Joonmyun said casually and pushed his hand away and started to walk away.

"Oh yeah, your sister's cute. You should hook us up." the giant tower said and winked at him. I pretended to barf and sat down to watch the show. It was interesting, watching a person try to argue with my brother. You don't just argue with him, he's like a king or something.

"No, I will not 'hook you up' because she deserves someone better." he said and rolled his eyes at the guy. My eyes widened because I've never seen him do something ro rude before. "And well she deserves someone who is at least at her IQ level as well." he said then started to walk towards my direction. I waved him over and he smiled as he jogged slightly to me.

"Hey man, how you doing?" I said then winked at him. he laughed and ruffled my hair.

"Promise me that you won't date anyone like him because that guy is an oaf." Joonmyun said as he squished my face.

"hey, I get to date who I want to date! Not who you want." I said and scoffed at him. His eyes widened in worry.

"Wait but-"

"Chill, he's not my type. I need someone that I could copy my homework off of and still get an A." I said and punched him lightly on the arm. He laughed and nodded at me as he conjured up instead of a sandwich a plate of piping hot spaghetti.

"Because you're a good girl." he said and pinched my cheeks. I laughed and hugged him lightly and quickly let go out of embaressment.

"Because you're a good boy." I said to him and started to dig into my food. I barely had five minutes to finish my food before the bell rang and we had to go back to class. I ran back and sat down quickly in Mr. Kwon's room and he continued explaining about how important knowing how to control your power was.

The rest of the day was plain boring.

All we did was sit and take notes. Well, for me was sit and sleep. I didn't really care about any classes but the ones that required me to protect myself from dying.

Joonmyun and I walked home together talking about how school was. He was mostly rambling on about all the new things that he learned and showing off his new skills to me and I was pretty much just nodding at him and poking the water sphere to see what would happen to it.

"Hey, I have a group project to do and we're going to do it at Wooyoung's house because his parents are gifted as well. So be good and when mom and dad come back tell them that I'm out for a project." he said and patted my head. I nodded at him and gave him the okay sign then locked the door when he left.

I looked through the fridge to look for something good to eat but could find anything. I angrily kicked the refridgerator and grumbled as I went to go get my wallet and put on my coat and shoes.

I walked to a small ramyun stand outside about a block away from my school and got myself comfortable as I took in all of the warm scents.

"Oooone, spicy seafood ramyun pleeease!" I said, having fun by dragging on my words. The lady chuckled at me and nodded as she left to go tell the chef. I sat back and watched everything around me in interest. There were a lot of people surprisingly and they were all drinking beer and having fun together. The lady finally came back with my boiling hot bowl of food and she set it down for me gently. I thanked her and started eating it as fast as possible. It stung my tongue lightly but I was always good at eating extremely spicy, bitter, sour, or sweet foods. I as just good at extreme everything, honestly.

I paid and left the shop with a can of soda in my hand as I decided to take a walk around in the nice nighttime weather of Seoul. I puffed up my cheeks and blew them out and repeated several times. I heard laughter from my right and I saw a group of guys come out. I just looked at them and they weren't drunk or anything, they were just a nice group of guys about my age hanging out together. I was shocked to have counted eleven of them but shrugged it off as I continued walking.

"Nice to meet you! Hope you have a great evening!" one of them shouted. I looked over and smiled as I waved at them and waved back. They all smiled and laughed together and they walked throught the dark streets. A man in his mid fourties passed by me and he wore a police badge so I stopped and bowed down to him, just because I was feeling good that day. He looked up at me with crazed eyes that were red and puffy as if he had been crying and he was swinging around like he was drunk. I eyed him up and down and saw him fiercely gripping his gun in his hand. I

"Why bow? I'm not a cop or anything. No one cares about a man with nothing now, don't they?" I stared at him with wide eyes and I slowly backed away. "RIGHT! NO ONE CARES ABOUT A MAN WITH NOTHING BUT A HEART, RIGHT?!" he shouted at me and the hand that held the gun tightened and started shivering. Tears welled up in his eyes and he rubbed them away harshly as he started to run past me. I took a deep breathe and continued walking until I decided to turn back. The man was running, his finger was so tight around the trigger that if he moved half a centimeter more it would fire. I followed him silently, making him deaf to the sound of my feet as I watched him. He turned the corner and disappeared from my field of vision as I started to run, chasing after him. I stopped before I turned the corner and decided to leave it alone, he was still a cop so he wouldn't hurt anyone.

I turned around and started walking away when a loud boom echoed through the air followed by a few screams. My sensitive ears rung from all of the noise and more shots were fired. My eyes widened as I turned back and ran to the man. I found the man standing there, laughing and crying while shouting about how "nobody cares anymore" or that he has nothing. Beside him were a few of the guys that I saw in a bloodied mess and some of their friends that weren't shot screaming and crying as they tried to help their friend. I ran forward but I was too slow as the man shot a few more and more innocnet people fell over.

I felt tears sting in my eyes as I watched them fall like leaves to a strong gust of wind. I finally got there and I punched the man hard in the face and the back of his head so that he would at least be fainted long enough. People were screaming as they stared at the bloodied men on the floor and I hurriedly checked their condition. Only four of the group of eleven weren't shot and they were a crying mess.

I grabbed the closest one and tried to tell them to help me get them to the hospital or something but he just grabbed onto my shoulders and broke down in sobs. I groaned and punched him in the face so that he would let go of me. He fainted and slumped over. I hurriedly went to each of the injured ones and I gasped from the immense amount of blood they were losing. I bit my lip as I pulled off my jacket and ripped apart the sleeves as I wrapped it tightly around their wounds to stop the bleeding. The three that were still concious were freaking out but starting to catch on as they helped tie their shirts or jackets around the wounds. I waved my hand over each of their wounds to numb them but I felt my power draining quickly. I looked at the three humans and back at the injured and bit my lip. I went up to the three guys and punched them hard across the head so that they fainted and I Changed into a humongous wolf. I grabbed the ones that weren't hurt and threw them across my fluffy back and put all of the injured ones into my mouth as I started to run to get them to the hospital. 

I was running and running but I didn't get to one block when I almost collapsed and killed everyone I was carrying by squashing them. I panted heavily through my nose but continued until I saw my school. The lights were bright inside and I could tell that the school healers were still in there. It was much closer than the human hospital and if I tried to go to the hospital than all of us would probably die. And I don't feel like dying today. I puffed and started to use my last burst of energy to run to the school. Some of them almost fell off my back but I shifted myself so they wouldn't. I bursted through the gates and tripped so that everyone including myself went tumbling down. My power was too weak so I Changed back into my girl form and everything was blurry. I groaned as I slowly got up and I saw ten healers run out to us in worry.

"Kim Eunhyun, what happened!" one of them shouted at me as he picked me up and brought me into the healers room.

"They... Shot... Blood... Dying-" I was barely able to talk and I choked on the last one as I started blinking in and out of conciousness. I recognized the doctor as Doctor Leeteuk and he carefully placed me on the bed. The other doctors came in, each one carrying the bloodied ones and others placing the fainted ones on chairs. I panted heavily and tried to get up but Leeteuk pushed me back down with a firm hand.

"No, don't you dare move. I don't want to tell your brother that you died while under my care, because then I'll die as well." he growled at me. I started to laugh but he covered my mouth. "Laughing takes energy and at this point the only energy that you have is your life source." he said and glared at me. "Don't you dare move a single muscle or else you will die." he said and it was amazing how literal it was. I watched from the corner of my eye as the doctors started healing the wounds immediately. Dara ran in and her eyes widened when she saw me.

"Eunhyun dear!" she shouted as she ran towards me. Leeteuk grabbed her arm and shook his head.

"We called you hear to save these mortals not kill Eunhyun now hurry!" he shouted. She nodded obediently and she closed her eyes. I watched as the round bullets came out of their skin smoothly and she placed them carefully onto the trays. The healers immediately got to work as they waved their hands and the wounds closed up smoothly. I started panting harder and felt myself slowly slipping in and out of this world.

"Eunhyun! Let go of them!" Leeteuk shouted. I realized that I was still keeping them from feeling pain and when I let go I heard the most blood curdling screams ever from them. My ears flinched and burned as I screamed along with them. I felt like my eardrums were exploding from all of the sounds around me. Dara ran over and covered my ears tightly but it didn't change anything. I clenched my eyes tightly together as I used my power to make myself deaf to all of the sounds around me. It tired me out even more, but it felt much better than having my ears be burned off from screams. Leeteuk tried to tell my something but I just nodded, pretending to understand what he meant. He nodded at me than pat my shoulder as he left. I let myself hear again and everything was silent except for the ragged breathing. I was locked in for resting and I honestly didn't care because at the moment I was as tired as an elephant being chased by a pack of hungry hyenas.

 

---

 

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHERE ARE WE!" I heard someone shout as I was shaken roughly awake.

"YAH JOONMYUN WHAT ARE YOU DOING-" I stopped when I looked up and saw eleven pairs of bright eyes staring at me. I screamed and jumped as I back myself back up against the wall. They stared at me as if I was a wild creature and I quickly got myself back together.

"Where are we- Oh wait no nevermind I got this." I said then hopped off the bed. They followed me as I went to the cabinet and pulled out a few granola bars and I jumped onto the table top as I ate them happily.

"What is this place, I saw some crazy stuff here and I'm not joking this isn't funny anymore is this some kind of prank?!" One of them shouted, he was extremely tall and he had thick eyebrows that were pointed downwards like a forever angry dog.

"Nope, if it wasn't for me you'd all be dead." I said then jumped off the table and started to explore the room.

"Wait I think I remember this now." one of them that was also tall and had curly amber hair said. "You!" he shouted then pointed at me with wide eyes. I pointed at myself and continued eating the granola bar. "You're the one that punched Luhan in the face! And then you like did something but I couldn't feel where I was shot anymore, it was as if I was never hurt and then you changed into some crazy giant dog thing and it was so trippy I thought I was going crazy!" he shouted.

I smiled and nodded happily. "Yeup, that was me that punched the stupid guys, me that helped you not feel pain, me that changed into a giant dog thing- WAIT WHAT HOW DID YOU SEE THAT!" I shouted as my eyes widened.

"Wh-What is going on this makes no sense that's impossible no this can't be." a short, pale one with big round eyes said as he paced the room while biting his thumb nail.

"No it doesn't make sense don't believe it-"

"BUT IT'S TRUE I SAW IT TOO!" Another one that had big chubby cheeks shouted. everyone stared at me as if I was a foreign creature and they screamed as they bolted out the door. My eyes widened as I dropped my granola bars and I chased after them.

"YAH COME BACK YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED HERE!" I shouted. I chased after the eleven of them and they ran straight into Taemin's force field. They were blasted back and Minho stretched to catch them. Their eyes widened as they screamed and started to run as far away as possible. An elemental powered person decided to punch the ground at that moment to show off to a girl and the ground under them fell apart as they screamed to try and get back up. I quickly changed and grabbed most of them by the back of their shirts in my mouth and the others I swiped at them with my huge padded paw. They screamed as they clung onto my fur for dear life. I set them down and I changed back.

"You guys, you need to go back this is all just a crazy dream don't believe any of it." I said quickly. I looked around desperately for a psychic person to come and help me convince them that none of this was true but no one was there. They all screamed when they saw someone change into a huge bird, bigger than a human and I thought they were going to faint. I grabbed them by the collar and dragged them all the way back to the hospital room. 

"You guys need to forget about this like now-"

"Don't worry about that, they will." A deep voice said. I turned around and saw Mr. Kwon standing there. I gulped an bowed down to him as I scooted away from them. "We can't just erase their memories though, their memory line has been scarred so that most that we could do is cover it up, but of course it wouldn't last." he said as he inspected them. I was surprised that they weren't freaking out and running until I realized that they were frozen in their spots -literally frozen. Mr. Kwon closed his eyes in front of each of them for a few seconds and would move on then sighedwhen he came back to me.

"As I said, their memory lines are scarred so to best protect our world we need to kill them." he said simply. My eyes widened as I grabbed onto his shoulders and shook my head furiously.

"No, you can't! They're mortals and they have normal lives to live!" I said as I stood in front of one of them protectively. Mr. Kwon didn't question me and instead came towards me and looked into my mind. I wanted to scream from the sudden intrusion but my mind went blank and my body still. When he let go only a light squeak wa heard from me until I collapsed onto the hard floor.

"Aah, have you ever heard of the Protectors Nest?" he asked me with a small smile playing on his lips. I shook my head slowly and just stared at him. "It is when a person saves another, or something saves another thing, and it gives them an automatic and completely natural sense to continue to protect them. Mostly occurs in us magic beings becawell let's admit, human can't do much can they?" he chuckled and I just stared at him with tensed muscles. 

"I'll let them live." he said suddenly. I loosened and a smile blossomed onto my face.

"You will? Thank you so much-"

"Under one condition." he said and stared at me from the corner of his eye. I gulped and felt regret boiling in my stomach and he laughed. "Don't worry, it's simple. You will watch over them, protect them and at the same time they cannot tell anybody about us magical beings. Remember, I haven't reported them to the Enforcers yet. But no matter what, I will have to. I will buy you some time, but by the time that I report them make sure that they don't leave your eye sight because they will come and kill them, regardless of what you say." He said then he took a sip of his tea that I never noticed he had.

"W-Wait, I'm supposed to watch over them? What, why! No, that's crazy!" I shouted huffed angrily.

"Either that or they die. They might die either way, really." he said and took another calm sip. He really didn't care about what happened to them.

"Fine..." I said softly. My eyes widened when I said it and I slapped myself "Wait, what! No, impossible! I'm not going to- but I have to." I argued with myself until I finally gave up. I sighed and slumped down onto the hospital bed.

"Great! Okay then I'll have to report to them within a month, so in that time span you have to make sure they understand what type of situation they are in and make a plan in case of emergency. Well then, happy mortal-sitting!" he said a little bit too cheerily and left the room. He must have locked the door because a crisp click sounded and at the same time the boys came back to their senses. They looked at me with wide eyes and tried to run out while screaming about how insane everything is.

"GET US OUT WHO ARE YOU WHAT IS GOING ON!" they shouted as they pounded on the doors then came and surrounded me. The tall angry looking one started to size me up and I just looked up at him with a bored expression. "What is going on, who are you?" he asked angrily, his brown eyes narrowing as he glared at me. I had to be honest, he did look pretty scary but I could be just as scary as he is. I stood up and stretched, taking my time just to tick him off more.

"Well, hello to you too sunshine." I said and rolled my eyes. I went and grabbed a handful of granola bars and threw some at them. They all dropped it quickly like it was a disease. I opened mines and ate it calmly while sitting on the counter top watching them carefully.

"I said, what is going on." He said once more through gritted teeth. I closed my eyes and saw what he saw. He saw a crazy girl and he thought he himself was going crazy. I laughed and patted his shoulder and when my hand touched him I sent a cooling wave of calm over him and he sighed. His eyes weren't as sharp anymore and he wasn't as tensed.

"So, you guys are right now at my school which is a school for people with powers as you can see, yes I am a student here I am awesome so bow down to me later. Anyways, there are going to be a few cops after you guys because all eleven of you have broken one of the few rules of magic which is that mortals cannot know of magic and they are going to try to find and kill you but don't worry I was assigned to save your lives so yeah bow down to me twice later and if you guys tell anyone I have to kill you guys myself." I said without stopping. They stared at me with blank expressions, one of them had eyes bigger than my dinner plate and he was so unnaturally pale I could've sworn that he was a Ghoul. They were all silent for a while until one of them coughed awkwardly. He was decent height, not as tall as the two skyscrapers but he was pretty tall. He had brown hair and a naturally expressionless face.

"So, we're being chased by your 'magical cops' and they want us dead and for some reason a kid like you is expected to keep us alive and you expect us to believe that you have powers yeah great story now where are the cameras." he said and rolled his eyes at the end. Out of everyone, he seemed the least spooked. You scoffed and walked up to him which made you feel small because of how much taller he was but you knew that you could take him down with a wag of your pinky.

"Well, they aren't 'magical cops', they're called the Enforcers here and yes they want you dead. I'm not a kid because I'm probably less than a year younger then you if I'm not older, yes I have powers I could show you if you really want to faint from my awesomeness and there are no cameras." I said and smiled at him charmingly. He scoffed and shoved me away but I made sure when he touched me he felt a sharp burst of pain that followed. He yelped and held his hands to his chest tightly.

"Sehun-ah, I don't think that she's joking." One of them with pretty features that I wish I had said. He had beautiful, big brown eyes that sparkled with the light and pretty eye lashes to go along with them then a cute pair of bow lips that were quivering slightly in fear. His hair looked fluffy and light atop that cute head of his and was a light blondish brownish color.

"Luhan, she has to be kidding that's impossible." The boy apparently named Sehun said as he glared at me with cold eyes. I shrugged.

"Suit yourself." I said and I changed into a giant wolf that had to lay down so that I wouldn't break through the ceiling. I huffed lightly, the air blasting out of my nose and blowing them like a rough wind. My tail wagged lightly but when I heard the cabinet fall over I stopped it and turned back to see that all eleven of them had fainted from an overwhelming amount of surprises that day. I changed back and chuckled as I stared at them. I sat down beside the defiant young boy and played with his fluffy hair as I smiled.

"Well. This is going to be interesting." I said as I stood up and left them in the room by themselves to get to my first period of the day.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, longer update because I felt like it :D 5,700+ words, proud? :3

ANYWAYS, so starting now stuff will start to get down and I hope that I described them well enough,

This is actually first time having to describe Sehun and Luhan so i had to ask my sister how she would describe them xD

I was confused. Meh.

Anyways, unless we have a change of plans Kimberly (IUislovely) will be writing chapter four.

So guys, leave a comment, subscribe, citicize, anything you guys want.

Oh and sorry if there are grammar mistakes, I didn't proofread ><"

LOVE YOU!~ <33 Kelly