Worry

Impersonation

AJ shut the door behind him and frowned. Kevin seemed really weird today. Did something happen to him while he was gone? Of course, he had noticed that Kevin had been unusually exhausted and sick lately because of their hectic schedules, so maybe that was why. However, AJ felt something seemed very different with Kevin all of a sudden, but he couldn’t quite put his finger on what it was…

Also another thing had just happened that made him feel a little strange inside. AJ normally felt very comfortable around Kevin, but just moments ago, all alone with his band mate in the darkened living room, he had felt a little… nervous.

Shaking his head to clear these disturbing thoughts, AJ moved forward into the dark bedroom, flicking on the lamp as if the light could get rid of his wondering thoughts. As the warm light of the lamp spilled throughout the room, AJ suddenly felt embarrassed with himself. This was Kevin. They had known each other for almost two years already. He took a deep breath and started rooting through the drawers, looking for some comfortable clothes to change into. However, in the middle of changing, AJ had a change of heart and decided to take another shower before he went to bed. And without putting his shirt back on, AJ left the room, a towel around his shoulder.

As he entered the hallway, he realized it was still dark. Why hasn’t Kevin any lights yet? He frowned, walking into the living room. He could see Kevin’s shadow in the same place he had left him a couple minutes ago. Maybe something really did happen to him while he was sightseeing. Suddenly feeling worried, AJ called out to Kevin.

“Why is it still so dark in here? Are you ok?” Walking over to the wall, AJ d around until he found the switch and flipped it up. The room was suddenly flooded with a warm light.

Still frozen in one spot, Nadia looked up, startled, when she heard AJ’s voice. “Why is it still so dark in here? Are you ok?” She was about to answer when suddenly the whole room was brightly illuminated. She blinked, trying to get used to the light. “Yeah, of course I’m-” Nadia finally realized AJ was topless, a couple feet in front of her. She cleared , starting to feel the beginnings of a blush heat up her cheeks.

“Um, yeah, I’m totally ok. I just um, I was just thinking.” She forced herself to focus on AJ’s face and not stare at anything else. He was looking at her, his face looking… worried?

“Are you sure you’re ok Kevin? You’ve been acting strangely ever since you got back today. Did anything happen?” He took a step closer to her. Nadia almost took an automatic step back, but then stopped herself at the last second. She had to at least try to act like Kevin would.

“Oh, I’m acting weird? It must be because I’m so tired lately. I think I dozed off for a second here, so that’s why I didn’t turn on any lights. I just need a good night’s sleep and then I’ll be as good as new!” She smiled and started to walk pass AJ, only stopping to pat his bare shoulder lightly.

“Thanks for worrying.” Faking a big yawn, Nadia started walking to their room, when AJ stopped her, spinning her toward him. She looked up, seeing his face only inches away from her, feeling the heat from his body. He grinned and reached over to pinch her nose. Nadia’s eyes widened in surprise and she let out a squeak.

“You had me worried there. I thought something was wrong with you. But you’re still the same old Kevin.” AJ suddenly put his arm around her shoulders, steering her down the hallway.

“Come on, lets take a shower together. I’ll scrub your back for you.” Nadia felt her jaw drop.

“Oh uh, haha that’s fine, but I um, I’m totally fine, but thanks anyway,” Nadia said, trying to keep her voice from getting higher, and glanced sideways at AJ.

He was still grinning.

“Oh come on, we’re both guys, what’s so bad about taking a shower together? We do it all the time anyway, with the other members too. It saves water. We have to be environmentally conscious.” And with that, AJ opened the door to the bathroom.