Confession

Impersonation

 

Nadia was lying down in the practice room, tired after the hard practice. 
“I’m so hungry!” Dongho whined loudly. “I want some food to eat!” Nadia closed her eyes, trying to ignore everyone’s voices. Suddenly, she felt someone pinch her nose and opened her eyes to see Eli bending down, his face near hers. 
“Well, it looks like you have to go get some food for us, Kevin, since you’re the only one who didn’t touch you nose. He laughed, letting go and standing up again. Nadia sat up slowly, looking at everyone else. They all had their fingers on their noses, even AJ. She sighed tiredly. 
“Fine. I’ll go grab some food for you guys,” she got to her feet and started to leave the practice room, putting on her hood and throwing on some sunglasses, so the fans wouldn’t follow her. She felt someone grab her shoulder, and stiffened, when a voice she would recognize anywhere spoke in her ear, making a blush heat across her face and her stomach to drop.
“I’ll go with you, Nadia.” 
She turned around, unable to keep a smile from her face. “Alright, AJ, but you’ll have to help me carry all the food. They walked to the company van, AJ hopping into the drivers seat and Nadia sitting in the passenger’s seat. 
“What should we get?” AJ said, smiling at her. 
“Um… how about some chicken?” she suggested. 
He smiled and leaned towards her, his lips inches away as he reached out his arm to… grab her seatbelt. She sighed, feeling slightly disappointed as he buckled her in. 
“You forgot to put your seatbelt on,” he said, his eyes twinkling. He went back to his side and started the engine. 
They bought some chicken and AJ started to drive again. Nadia was lost in her thoughts, not even paying attention, when she finally realized the van had stopped. She looked questioningly toward AJ, but he just gestured out the window, and she gasped as she saw that they were at a beach, the ocean water lapping at the rocky sand. 
“I found this place when we had a break in our schedule. There’s hardly anyone here since it’s starting to get cold, so I like to come here a lot,” he admitted. 
She hopped out, running out to the sand, stopping just before the water and staring out at the horizon, which stretched, on an on, seemingly forever into the distance. 
“Wow…” she whispered. “It’s so beautiful…” She couldn’t remember the last time she had gone to the beach, and felt a pang of regret that she hadn’t gone sooner. She spun around, intending to call out to AJ, but almost bumped into him instead, as he was already right behind her. “Oh, oops, sorry AJ!” she laughed, flopping down onto the sand and staring up into the blue, blue sky, the clouds fluffy and white. AJ dropped down onto the sand beside her, and they just lay there comfortably, listening to the waves crash onto the sand and watching the seagulls wheeling around in the sky. Nadia glanced over discreetly to AJ, only to see him looking at her. She felt her face heat up. How long had he been watching her? She laughed nervously, looking back up into the sky, when he suddenly pulled her into his arms, holding her tightly to him. She could hear his heart beating quickly. He sighed softly, his warm breath tickling her neck. 
“A-AJ?” she asked uncertainly. 
“I think I’m falling in love with you, Nadia.” he murmured softly.