3.

Undercover love song.

 

     The cousins sat comfortably in silence. Jin herself was speechless as her gaze shifted out the window. They continued their drive whizzing past tall buildings, it was just like home, but something about it buzzed differently. Jin noticed that there were a ton more busses and taxis available everywhere along side motorized scooters with silver boxes strapped behind. She as well caught glimpses of popular alleyways filled with people in business suits and casual wear standing, eating near street stalls which she only guessed were selling food. As the car slowed down, she even spotted an older lady with salt and pepper curls almost hidden beneath a visor, on a bike, carrying a woven basket on her back sprouting with what looked like green onions. This was definitely no longer Toronto. She didn't even notice that the car came to a full stop as her eyes lingered at the city before her.
 
'Baby girl' Minwoo called lightly tapping Jin's shoulder as she continued to stare out of the window hopelessly mesmerized with her surroundings. He could only chuckle at her. At this moment, to him she looked like an unresponsive puppy interested only at doggy treats. 
 
'Jin-ah...' He called again, a little louder this time. Finally gaining her attention, she turned her head with eyes wide open. 'Huh?... yeah?' her expression went from being blank to being completely confused. 'We're here.' unbuckling his own seatbelt.
 
'Here where?' she tilted her head.
 
'Duh, where else you fool... at your new place.' he stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. 'Let's go, I'll show you around.' he opened his car door only to run to Jin's side to open her door as well. 'Agasshi'. Minwoo mockingly bowed. Jin's eyes flashed. She recognized that sarcasm in his voice while what sounded like a 'humph' came out as her answer. With a grin he linked his arm with hers as he guided her towards the beige building. She looked up to see there wasn't much stories to it, although it did give off a feeling of a high end community to live in despite the fact that it was just an apartment. Snapping out of her thoughts, Jin looked towards Minwoo's other hand only to see it empty handed. Curiosity and got the best of her as she paused at the entrance.
 
'Minwoo, why aren't we taking my luggage?' raising an eyebrow a tad irked.
 
He glanced at her with a nervous smile. 'Ah, about that. You'll see when we go up.' rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand.
 
The lobby was not what you would call normal in 'apartment' standards. It looked more like it belonged to a 5 star hotel; marble flooring, sleek black leather couches placed carefully in front of a dimly lit fireplace and a crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling. A receptionist waited at the front desk smiling, almost too mechanically for your taste. 'Agasshi' he bowed. 'Welcome, I hope everything will soon fit your taste. If you need anything at all please do not hesitate to use the intercom. My name is Woo Hyunsik and I am this buildings doorman.' 
 
Jin gave a curt bow careful not to look too rude despite her already disliking him. Something about his aura gave her the creeps. Minwoo completely oblivious to this, smiled and waved walking her towards the elevator. They stopped on the third floor much to her surprise. She glanced around at the long hallway where only a few doors stood, which she wondered about. *Maybe the layouts were different here.* 'Oppa, are the neighbors nice?' she asked, worry slightly hinting in her voice. He looked at her with a knowing smile and nodded. 'Trust me, I've... met your neighbor before. Quite the person, but I assure you, your neighbor is nice.' taking a glimpse at the door adjacent to yours.
 
Minwoo handed her the passcode along with an extra set of keys, which Jin enthusiastically took with a smile plastered on her face. She giddily punched in the code and ran in, like a little child going into a candy store. She was beyond ecstatic at the fact that this was her place and her's alone. Stumbling to take her heels off, her eyes scanned ahead of her. A deep gray hallway with dimmed pot lamps at the ceiling greeted her. Classy but not too dark, just right for her taste. She reached out to touch the wall only for another hand to snatch it away. 'I wouldn't do that if I were you.' she curiously gave her cousin a look. 'The paint is still sort of wet.' he muttered. 'It's also the reason why you'll be staying with me for a week. At the very least till the paint dries, and all your furniture has comes in. I also left the boxes you sent ahead of time in your room, we'll come back if you need anything else from here.'
 
Jin nodded, not knowing what else to say. To her the place was like a blank canvas waiting to be painted; so to speak, and it excited her. A handsome room that's colored with a gray wall caught her eye, on it was a mural of a exquisitely painted cherry blossom tree. She gaped at it astonished while Minwoo stood to the side admiring his own handy work. Of course he would never admit that he was the one who painted that himself. It was a secret that he loved art, not to mention pretty darn good at it as well.
 
'Shall I show you your room?' he called, turning to the left past the kitchen and opening the door on the right side of the wall. Jin took a peek and took notice of how large the master room was. It screamed "bachelor's pad" but that's just the way she likes it. Despite her image she likes things to be a little masculine. Jin was about to open to ask a question, but he was already a step ahead of her thoughts. 'There are 2 rooms in total, one master room and a guest room. You also have 2 bathrooms.' Jin's eyes followed his fingers as he pointed out every door in the process.
 
'Oppa how'd you know what I was going to ask?'
 
'I'm not your cousin for nothing you know' smirking. 'Anyways we have to get going.' he said looking at his black emporio Armani watch.
 
Slipping the pumps back on, Jin asked 'Any particular place? I mean we just got here and you're already whisking me off to God knows where.'
 
'One, we have to get you settled at my house, and two... you'll be meeting my baby.' as a smile crept up on Minwoo's face.
 
******
 
     Minwoo helped Jin roll her luggage into the bigger guest room. 'Find something suitable to wear. And please refrain from wearing anything  too comfortable.' Attempting to "help out" he opened her black luggage to look for some outfits earning him a scowl from Jin herself. 'I can dress myself thank you, and what does it matter what I wear?' as she took back her bag to rummage through what ever amount of clothes she had. 'You'll be my date tonight and you know my reputation as a fashionista.' with that he walked out the door to freshen himself up. She looked at the area where he just left. 'Like I'd really listen to him...wait...' she hesitated, baffled. 'Date?...'
 
20 minutes later Minwoo was impatiently waiting for Jin to come out of the room. He fixed his already perfect hair, and grinned wide. *I look damn good* he thought as he strutted towards her door. 'YA! hurry up or we'll be late!' he knocked at her door. 'I'm done! I'm done! ... geez' she yelled back. Jin opened the door, leaving to Minwoo blinking wildly in awe. 'Something on my face?' she stared back. Jin stood in front of him in all of her 178cm height glory. Black tight leather skinnies, a creamy white low neck toga inspired top that lightly draped over her olive skin, black cropped biker jacket paired up with a pair of neon pink Christian Louboutin lady peep pumps. 'No, you just look amazing.' shaking his head. 'You don't look so bad your self oppa' she smiled endearingly towards him. 
 
It took no more than 20 minutes for them to get to their destination. Jin looked up with a surprised face; in front of her was a dark classy building in the midst of a very social street, with bright neon lights spelling out 'Club M'. Outside, in front of the heavily guarded door stood two hefty bouncers with a very long queue waiting to get in. 'You seemed kind of shocked' laughed Minwoo. 'I'm more confused than shocked.' she confessed. 'Aren't we meeting your quote and quote, baby?' He smiled opening his door ignoring her question. 'Remember who I am here. Keep your composure even if there are bright lights from photographers and let me do the talking if they start bombarding you with questions.' he warned her. 'Once we get in, then you can relax.' Puzzled but understanding the situation, Jin also stopped him before he headed out his door. 'Oppa, just like always, call me JJ.' reminding him. '음' he responded back.
 
All eyes fell on Minwoo and Jin as the two skipped the line stepping forward right to entrance without any hassle from major paparazzi. The bouncers instantaneously bowed ninety degrees at the sight of their boss. Minwoo cleared his throat and pointed at you 'Remember her face. Her name is JJ and I give her permission to enter this club anytime with or without me by her side. Day or night. No questions asked.' Jin's head snapped towards him in disbelief. *Who is he to order them around so carelessly... unless...* as she came into realization *Club M ... bossy attitude... this must be his baby.* laughing to herself. 'Yes sir.' as the two gave way for them. 
 
Loud music embraced Jin's body as they walked in. 'My private booth is always welcome to you at anytime.' Minwoo whispered into her ear pointing at a nearby secured area. 'Drinks are also free, for you at least' he added. From afar the two could have been mistaken as a couple getting comfortable and added the fact that he was clutching on to Jin's hand many people didn't think otherwise. Some regulars recognized the red headed man but was astounded at the long legged beauty standing right next to him. There was something about Jin that always attracted many men towards her, and that was her confidence. It exuded out of her with every step. Minwoo quickly noticed this and placed a hand around her waist protectively. This was his cousin after all. Jin on the other hand didn't take mind and scanned the area taking in everything. 
 
What Minwoo failed to notice were the few men in another v.i.p booth waiting for him to arrive. One noticed Minwoo's red hair immediately despite the lack in height of the latter. 'Hyung' he whispered to the eldest pointing at Minwoo. Eric's eyes widened temporarily as he spotted Minwoo with a foreign model standing right beside him in his arms. 'So this is the reason why he took off a week?' he scoffed eyebrows raised disapprovingly. He abruptly stood up startling some of the members as their eyes followed him sneaking up behind the couple. 
 
'Minwoo-ah' a low voice rang behind Jin. 
 
Minwoo spun around alarmed at the sound of his voice. 'H-hyung... I thought you had work?' glancing at Jin. She took it as her cue to stay quiet and looked down.
 
'I did, but I came here straight after. I thought you had other things to do besides entertain other...' he turned his head towards and cleared his throat as Jin looked up. '... guests.' His eyes met with a shockingly dark pair that glared at him. *interesting* he thought 'Aren't you going to introduce us Minwoo?' With no choice he sighed and turned around towards her. 'Eric hyung, JJ, JJ, Eric hyung, leader of Shinhwa.' 
 
'It's a pleasure to meet you.' he said in English.
 
Jin looked at him carefully then down to his now stuck out hand. She could smell a facade from a mile away and he already started to rub her the wrong way, as handsome as the man before her is, his arrogance annoyed her. What makes him think she'd be friendly towards him now? Head tilted to the side she sneered replying back in Korean 'Can't say the same for me.' walking away, hips swaying, she headed towards the bar for a much needed drink. This was all too much for one day.
 
******
 
 
 
[A/N: Look a new and fairly long chapter! I hope it makes up a little for my long MIA. I even stayed up till 4 am just to finish this for all of you! Yes you *points at reader*. Anyways I'll work on the next chapter asap to make up for my time lost...Though you know I COULD have split this chapter into two... but what ever ^^; Thank you to the subbies who have stayed as well as the new ones!]