Ghosts Love Music

Bedtime Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sweat soaking his wifebeater, Jongin was practicing at the dance studio alone after Baekhyun and Tao left for their dorm rooms. Of all the rooms in the building, Practice Room 4 was the only room brightly lit and occupied. The boy was used to and loved practicing late into the night. The sound of music blasting all the thought out of his mind, the heavy atmosphere of the room humid with his sweat and hardwork, the rewarding aches of his muscles from neck to ankle--that was what he lived for.

 

Wondering if Baekhyun and Tao had already arrived at their dorm and warmly tucked into bed, Jongin looked out the window even though the apartment that provided their rooms was too far to spot. For no reason, his eyes wandered down towards the parking lot. Jongin had no idea why, but he just had a strange feeling he should look at the parking lot, so he did.

 

The parking lot was empty, and that was nothing unusual.

 

What was peculiar about today was that all the lamp posts at the lot was turned off. The only light source that brightened the parking area was the light from the practice room and from the small convenient store across the street.

 

And from the convenient store, a tall figure of a woman walked out with nothing in its hands, not even a purse or a plastic bag that showed she bought anything from the inside. Maybe she just bought a toothbrush or something small and tucked it away in her pocket, Jongin thought.

 

However, the dark figure stood there at the entrance of the store, unmoving. Although it was hard to see because of the shadow casted across her face, her long hair seemed unkempt and wild, and her light blue gown dirty. Her long shadow stretched from her feet far towards the parking lot due to the convenient store's light behind her.

 

The strange woman took an unusually giant step fowards in the direction of the parking lot. She continued taking large quicker steps, and her feet were so far apart that she reminded him of a spider of some sort.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter