Crying

Bedtime Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

< ♩ ♬  ost  ♫ ♪ >

 

When Kris couldn't sleep, he called Chanyeol.

 

Why? Because Chanyeol always talked him to sleep.

 

Tonight as well, Kris couldn't sleep, so he called Chanyeol.

 

"Chanyeol... I--"

 

"--can't sleep?" Chanyeol finished for him in the overly cheerful voice that annoyed Kris to the extreme. Soon after, it was followed by a deep chuckle. "What story should I tell you today..." He mumbled to himself. Chanyeol himself knew the reason Kris called him, but whether by fate or coincidence, the days Kris could not sleep were also days Chanyeol could not sleep. A long night of one sided chattering and laughing was the sleeping pill to Chanyeol.

 

"How about something about your baby cousin?" Kris grumbled away to sleep, already feeling the effect of Chanyeol's low rambling.

 

Chanyeol exploded into laughter at his friend's random choice of topic. "My cousin? Well, I don't know. I told you almost everything about her, and I haven't seen her in a month."

 

"A month? Isn't she with you right now?"

 

"Where'd you get that idea? I'm alone right now. My cousin's with my grandparents for Chuseok. Speaking of which, happy Chuseok!" Out of the blue, Chanyeol carefreely shouted into the phone.

 

Kris swore quietly. "Chanyeol, you're supposed to help me sleep, not blast my ears to silence."

 

"Oh, my bad." The younger boy apologized, scratching his head and twirling his cellphone to his other ear. "How about the story of the time when--"

 

"Are you sure your cousin's not there? There's no one there?" Kris interrupted, completely awake and out of bed. A couple of times, he took the device off his ears, listening to the silence filling his room and then returning to the sound of Chanyeol's even breathing.

 

Chanyeol cocked his head until it made a little snapping sound. "No one's... here, Kris." For no reason, he shivered, hearing the strange desperate tone in the older friend's voice. "Do you... want to come over or something?"

 

"I hear a baby on your line." Kris stated, completely disregarding Chanyeol's curious question.

 

"What?"

 

"I hear a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter