Refrigerator

Bedtime Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

< ♩ ♬  ost  ♫ ♪ >

 

"Did you hear that story about a boy that died inside a refrigerator?" Tao asked, starting the conversation of the night with Baekhyun. Normally, Tao never started the conversation. It was almost always Baekhyun who initiated anything between the two of them, but Byun Baekhyun was exhausted today after hours of dance practice.

 

"How do you do that?" Baekhyun carelessly dragged his feet along the cement pavement on their way back to their dorms, half listening and half somewhere else. The sun had already set hours ago yet not a star was visible in the dark sky. Just several flickering street lamps and the lone moon brightened their ways. It was that time which made you wonder if it was late night or early morning.

 

Without feeling disappointed at the lack of enthusiasm from his friend, Tao continued, stretching his arms up into the air. "A student--" he groaned "--came home from school early and wanted to scare his mom by hiding in the refrigerator and popping out when she opened it."

 

"That's brilliant."

 

Tao ignored Baekhyun's twisted comment. "However, when his mom got home, she thought her son had gone missing and went out to look for him all day. The student tried to get out of the refrigerator after realizing his mom wasn't going to open it any time soon, but the refrigerator door wouldn't open from the inside."

 

"Really brilliant." The shorter boy sneezed as the winter wind blew through his hair still wet with sweat.

 

Tao looked at his friend, worried he would catch a cold. The other reassured the taller one, rubbing his nose and urging him to keep going, so Tao went on with his story. "By the time his mom gave up and opened the refrigerator to make dinner, the boy had already died due to lack of oxygen."

 

Baekhyun gave a strange look at Tao. "How can you not open it from the inside?"

 

"You can't."

 

Not convinced, Byun Baekhyun shook his head. "I'm sure you can." He glanced over at his taller friend who was now staring at his own shoes and matching his pace with Baekhyun's. "Well, It's just a story." He was still tired and annoyed by his lack of strength, but he definately felt better after conversing with Tao.

 

"Baekhyun, it's a true story."

 

Wrinkling his nose in distaste, Baekhyun leered up at his friend. "You can open refrigerators from the inside."

 

For the next thirteen minutes, the two entered a heated argument on whether you could open a refrigerator from the inside or not. All sorts of physics terms and logical reasonings were shot back and forth between the two boys as th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter