Transparent

Beautiful Target

 

 

 

“Thank you for yesterday, Jinyoung.” Hyunseong said, walking in the school corridor with his friend. The weekend was finally over and Hyunseong didn’t mind. He was really thankful to Jinyoung and his family for inviting him over for dinner and allowing him to sleep over as well. It helped him to take his mind off things for a while. If the boy hadn’t been there at the right place and moment, Hyunseong would surely still be yelling out his heart content for whoever passed by in the street the previous day.


“No need to thank me” Jinyoung patted the other’s shoulder “I’m going to a birthday party this Friday. You should come with me”


“I think I’ll pass” Hyunseong answered. Parties were not really his cup of tea.


Seeing the lack of enthusiasm from his friend, Jinyoung added “I’ll introduce you to some hot dudes there.” He smiled his famous charming smile “Meet me at 8pm at the station near my home this Friday” He said, taking Hyunseong’s presence for granted. Before the other could protest, Jinyoung waved at him and headed to his classroom where a bunch of excited fangirls and fanboys were already waiting for him.


“I hate this guy.” Hyunseong sighed and entered his own classroom. He immediately spotted Jeongmin’s seat was empty. He felt half relieved because he didn’t want to face Jeongmin (and if Jinyoung hadn’t forced him to, he wouldn’t even had come to school) and half worried. ‘Is he sick ?’ Hyunseong wondered ‘Or is he…still with Youngkwang’s twin ?’ His face darkened at the thought.

 

***

 

Minwoo sat quietly at his desk, behind Jeongmin’s empty one, and stared absent-mindedly outside the window. He spent the whole night thinking about Donghyun and didn’t get any sleep. He felt so tired. He phoned the dance club about a hundred times this weekend. He wanted Donghyun’s contact details but the dance club’s employees wouldn’t cooperate. He also tried to explain to them what had really happened between Donghyun and him but they wouldn’t listen. Once again he felt like no one took him seriously and it made him furious. He felt so restless and useless.



Minwoo’s eyes switched from the window to the door when he heard someone come in. It was no other than Hyunseong. Minwoo tried to suppress that painful feeling growing in his chest at the sight of the taller boy but the other’s actions just made it harder for him. As soon as Hyunseong entered the classroom, his attention was immediately focused on Jeongmin’s empty desk. Although Minwoo just sat behind it, the younger boy felt like Hyunseong couldn’t see him. He felt like he was transparent.

'I've always been transparent to you. You only have eyes for Jeongmin anyway'. Minwoo thought bitterly. 'What is it that he has and that i don't ?'

He had hoped for Hyunseong to talk to him this Monday. He knew he had other things to worry about, way more important things than his teenage love life but he just couldn’t move on that quickly. Eventhough a part of him was slowly falling for Donghyun; the other one was still madly in love with Hyunseong. The latter also looked like he had a lot of things on his mind and Minwoo was sure it had something to do with Jeongmin. This couldn’t go on forever he told himself. They needed to talk. He swallowed his feelings and stood up to greet his friend.


“Hyung !” He called and waved at the elder who was still standing by the door frame.  Hyunseong looked up and instantly forced a smile on his preoccupied face as he walked towards the younger.


“Minwoo ! How are you ?” Hyunseong asked hesitantly, not really feeling comfortable around Minwoo since the last events.


“Hyung, about what happened, I’m sorr-“


“You’re already forgiven.” The elder cut off, not wanting to talk about all the drama. He wished his friendship with Minwoo could return to the same as it used to be but he knew it was impossible as he could never look at him the same way. Since that fateful day, as much as Hyunseong wanted to deny it, Minwoo wasn’t a little brother anymore but a young man with all the desires it involved. This whole new situation made Hyunseong feel awkward and he hoped the younger wouldn’t make any other moves on him. He didn't want to have any other midnight fantasies including both Minwoo and Jeongmin. 


“If I can do anyth-“


“It’s fine.” Hyunseong ensured. He knew it would take some time for their friendship to heal but he didn’t want Minwoo to feel guilty or anything. Even though he was the one responsible for Minwoo’s sadness, He also wanted to be the one to soothe him, as a friend. He knew how much a one sided love hurt and he admired the other for having the guts to confess, unlike him.



Soon, the classroom was filled with students and the first class of the day started. No other words were exchanged between the two boys.



***
 


Jeongmin half shoved Youngkwang out of his house when he realized his parents would be home soon from their romantic weekend at the beach. He also realized he had missed half a day of school and hurried to put on his uniform.  “I’ll just say I was sick” He told himself before locking the door behind him.



***
 


Youngmin let himself fall on the couch of his and his brother’s apartment silently. He watched the TV absent-mindedly, memories of Jeongmin and himself still playing on his mind.


Kwangmin was in the bedroom, pretending he was asleep to avoid his brother. He wasn’t feeling good because he had abused alcohol the previous day. He barely remembered what had happened after Hyunseong helped him home but he was sure he told the elder about Youngkwang having a twin. He sat on his bed and pondered about whether or not telling Youngmin about it. ‘He’ll kill me for sure once he’ll know I screwed up’ He hugged his Pikachu plush doll and rested his chin on the pokemon’s head ‘What should I do ?’
 

He kept on brooding over things for a while until a crazy idea crossed his mind. It might as well work…or blow their cover forever. Either way he couldn’t stay there and do nothing about it. 

 


 

Hi everyone !!! Long time no see :) Sorry for not updating for ages and this chapter is kinda short and everyone's feelings are confusing ><

The more i write the more i feel that this jeongseong moment i desperately want to write will never happen XD

Thank you to all the subscribers and thank you for all the wonderful comments ! I love reading comments ^-^