Deal ?

Beautiful Target

 

Hyunseong walked through the school corridor until he reached his classroom. He greeted his classmates and sat next to Minwoo.
- "I need to talk to you" he whispered to the other’s ear. Minwoo shivered but nodded.


 

Hyunseong locked the toilet door behind them and took his cellphone. Minwoo was feeling awfully uncomfortable as he knew exactly what was about to happen. As expected, Jeongmin's stolen kiss picture appeared on the cellphone’s screen.
 

-"Did you know about this?" The taller one asked, frustration evident in his tone.
 

-" O-of course n-not !" Minwoo lied. He was so nervous that he couldn’t breath properly and his hands were shaking. Hopefully, the older boy was too much busy watching Jeongmin’s picture to even notice his strange behaviour. It was always this way. Hyunseong would never notice the younger boy; all he cared about was Jeongmin. That’s why Minwoo had sent the picture in the first place. He thought that if Hyunseong believed Jeongmin had someone else he might give up on the boy and acknowledge him.

’But it seems i was all wrong’  Minwoo thought bitterly.

 

" I see...”  Hyunseong started, making the smaller boy stop his reverie “ I need to find who sent me this picture...”  He quickly made eye contact with Minwoo that felt his heart beating madly. Eventhough he felt horrible for what he did to his friend, he couldn’t help feeling shy and lightheaded towards Hyunseong. He couldn’t give up on the person he loved just because his friend Jeongmin liked him too, right ? ‘Isn’t love more important than friendship ?’ Or so it’s what Minwoo tried to convince himself with.

- “ As for the guy in the picture...” The older boy continued “ I’m gonna ask Jeongmin about it now”.

- “ NOW ???!!!” Minwoo shrieked.

Hyunseong raised an eyebrown at him.

- “ I mean...” the brown haired boy lowered his voice, his eyes glued on the floor with embarassment “ I don’t think it’s a good idea, Jeongmin might not like it that we’re intruding his private life like this. He might get mad ” That’s it. Jeongmin should never see the picture nor find out about Minwoo’s evil plot.
The other frowned a moment before nodding in agreement. He didn’t want his beloved Jeongmin to be mad at him. They fought about two times or more since he met the boy but it was quite intense and violent. Hyunseong himself had a fiery temper which didn’t help Jeongmin to calm down but pushed him over the edge instead. They ended up beating up each other and Jeongmin had a bad habit of throwing things when he was upset...Surely, Hyunseong didn’t want one of those fights to happen again.  He’ll just act as if nothing happened and secretly investigate about the mysterious kisser with Minwoo.

The younger boy sighed in relief. He managed to convince his hyung and it was all thanks to Jeongmin’s bad temper, as ironic as it is.


***


- “ Let’s go your place “ Hyunseong demanded. It was friday evening, school was over a few minutes ago. Usually they’d hang out somewhere until night but the boy had other plans.

- “ What for ? ” Jeongmin asked curiously. “ Besides my parents are out today.”

- “ Can we join ?” Their friend Jinyoung asked as he pointed himself and Minwoo. Hyunseong shot them a nasty look which made Jinyoung understand they weren’t welcomed.

- “ Oh ! I just remembered Sandeul’s waiting for me at the game center ! “ He quickly made up an excuse and dragged Minwoo away with him before the younger could protest.

Hyunseong waved goodbye at them and smirked. Jeongmin wondered why in the world would Junghwan ask Jinyoung out since the two hated each other. ‘Oh well...’

They walked silently to Jeongmin’s home. The boy could feel there was something on his friend’s mind for a few days already. He’s been thinking about it day and night but he couldn’t put a finger on it. He wished Hyunseong would open up to him.

When his house appeared in his eyesight, Jeongmin frowned. There was a silhouette at the door. Hyunseong asked him if he was waiting for someone but he wasn’t. When they were close enough to get a glimpse of the person’s face, both of their jaw dropped.

- “ Youngk-k-kwang ?!?”  Jeongmin stuttered, his face looking pale.‘What is he doing here ? Is he a stalker or something ?’ He thought, becoming slightly paranoid.

Hyunseong clenched his fists. He recognized the stranger as the guy kissing Jeongmin in the picture. He was holding back the urge to beat the boy to death since he wasn’t supposed to know anything. ‘ If he ever touches Jeongmin again i’ll kick his .’  He told himself, convinced this was a wise decision.

- “ Lee Jeongmin shi “ Youngmin called, looking all innocent. “ I wanted to apologize for last time...” He took out a flower bouquet from his back and gently gave it to Jeongmin. “ Your beauty has made me sin. “
Hyunseong’s jaw dropped again while Jeongmin’s face was as red as a tomato’s. Youngmin chuckled at his own words. He and his brother should definitly stop watching sappy dramas.

- “Oh ! I was about to forget !” Youngmin said again, reaching for his trousers ‘s pocket. “ Your wallet fell on the floor last time. I wanted to give it back to you.” He smiled warmly and handed it to Jeongmin. The smaller boy thanked him clumsily as he was mesmerized by his bright smile.

‘ Younkwang ‘s acting different than the firstime we met ‘ Jeongmin noted. He thought the tall boy was somewhat more feminine, caring and gentle.

- “ Are you finished now ? ” Hyunseong asked coldly, reminding the two of his presence.
Youngmin flashed him a cheeky grin; he could feel the jealousy in the other’s tone. Hyunseong really considered Youngmin as a threat to his realtionship with Jeongmin judging from the way he behaved.

- “ Oh i’m so sorry to have bothered you.” Youngmin ‘s face was plastered with a fake apologetic expression. “ I’ll leave now ”.

- “ Yeah and make sure to never come back, Mister Casanova. People like you aren’t needed. “  Hyunseong’s thoughts escaped his lips.

Youngmin forced a smile and bowed before leaving. He felt hurt by the older’s words. He was aware about the fact that what he and his brother were doing was wrong but he really didn’t like it when people were mean to him and treated him as if he was the bad guy. Because really, he wasn’t. He was the victim in this story. There was a hole in his heart that couldn’t be mended by any other way than repeating the hurtful things his first love did to him. He made a promise to himself  to never be the one being played anymore but to be the one leading the game.

‘Because love is just a game.’ Youngmin told himself.

Suddenly, heavy rain started falling, thunder could be heard a few kilometers away. Youngmin swore; he didn’t take his umbrella with him.

Jeongmin felt bad for Youngkwang. He wasn’t a stalker nor a bad guy. He was caring enough to come all the way to his home to bring back his wallet and apologize. The boy regreted to have judged Youngkwang so quickly and felt terribly embarassed about his friend’s rude manners. He watched the rain pourring on Youngkwang’s back from afar. The handsome boy might get a cold before he even gets home.
Jeongmin sighed ‘Do i have any other choice ?’

- “ Wait ! “ He screamed. Youngmin turned around , his big round eyes full of hope. “ Please, come in and wait the rain stops with us. “ Jeongmin’s tone was a bit hesitant and Hyunseong was throwing daggers with his eyes but Youngmin accepted the invitation nonetheless.  

 

 


The three of them were sitting in the kitchen, Hyunseong and Youngming were staring at each other in an endless battle of who-would-look-away-first. Jeongmin cursed his kind heart for inviting Younkwang over, it was definitly not a good idea with Hyunseong around. He wondered why Hyunseong holded such a grudge againt Youngkwang. ‘They’ve never met before after all’

- “ What about we order some food ?” Jeongmin tried to soften the mood but miserably failed. He glanced at the window and sighed when he saw the rain was still falling.” I’ll take a bath, so during that time, you two can decide what you want to eat !” He exclaimed before running to the bathroom. Jeongmin decided he won’t leave the bathroom until the rain stops. Being with both Hyunseong and Younkwang in the same room was way too much awkward for him.

Hyunseong broke the silence when he was sure to be alone with Youngkwang :

- “ You think i don’t know who you are and what you want ? I know you kissed Jeongmin “

- “ I see, you’re brighter than i thought. But I also know about you darling~”

- “ Don’t ing call me darling you trash ! “ Hyunseong yelled. He hit the table with his fist and stood in an attempt to intimidate Youngmin, but the latter wasn’t the type to let anyone walk over him.

- “ I bet you’re so envious of me.” Youngmin stood slowly, deliberately provoking the other. “ I kissed Jeongmin the firt day i met him while you’ve known him for years and you never eve-” Youngmin stopped talking when he felt his jaw burning in pain. Hyunseong just punched his beautiful face!

Hyunseong was silent while Youngmin was rubbing his painful jaw with his hand. ‘  I don’t deserve this punch, i didn’t actually kiss the boy !  It should be for Kwangmin !’ Youngmin mentally cursed his little brother ‘ I hope it won’t leave a bruise...’

- “ Are you ok ? ” The older boy asked, looking away. He knew he lost his temper too quickly and he regreted it. He didn’t want to pick up a fight in Jeongmin’s house.

- “ It hurts~” Youngmin whined, which made Hyunseong laugh. Obviously, the younger boy was more the type to go to the beauty saloon than fighting in the street.

- “Let’s play it fair, deal ? “  Youngmin asked once he forgot about the pain in his jaw.

Hyunseong just stared at him.

- “ I mean, we should let Jeongmin choose who he wants to be with.“ He explained. “ Deal ?”

Hyunseong had never played fair in love. He had always been threatening or beating up any guy that would approach Jeongmin. The truth was that he had no self-confidence. Only looking at Youngkwang’s pretty face made him feel like he lost already.

- “ Deal ?” Youngmin repeated

- “ Deal “ Hyunseong agreed half-heartedly.

Youngmin smiled at Hyunseong.“ I’ll leave now. Good luck dear rival~” He winked at his opponent “ I know you’re a good guy and i know it won’t be easy to defeat you “ He patted the older’s shoulder in a friendly way before putting on his shoes and jacket to disappear in the cold night.

Hyunseong thought Youngmin was a different kind of playboy, a more respectable one.

 

 


 It’s been a long time already that Jeongmin was taking a bath. Hyunseong knocked on the bathroom door and called “ Jeongmin ah !”

No answer. He called again and again before he started to panic.

- ” I’m coming now” He said, opening the unlocked door.

His heart stopped when he spotted Jeongmin unconscious in the bathtub.

- ” Damn ! “


TO BE CONTINUED ............................


Yeeeeyyyy !!!! Chapter 2 is finished ( finally !!!! ) I’m such a slow/ lazy/ lacking motivation author... v-v Oh and i didn’t know what to do with Hyunseong and Youngmin at the end. I’m sorry for some rude words >< 
Please comment & subscribe~ it makes me so happy when you do :)