In Your Head

Amnesiac Named Kai

Kai woke up on a white sheeted bed in a white room. His head ached and his body didn't feel right. 

He didn't remember anything. Except his name was Kai. It was the only link he had to knowing about himself. Perhaps he was an amnesiac?  He whispered it, "Kai...Kai.." 

"Kai..." Someone whispered alongside him. He turned around.. there was no one in the room. 


Sehun laughed maniacally as he sat on his throne. It was uncomfortable, made of wood, and it was especially small. He deserved better and he knew it. Well.. he will get better wouldn't he? All thanks to Kai. 

On the wall there was a sparkling pool of water reflecting Kai himself. He seemed to be talking.

With a wave of his hand, Sehun the sound. "Kai..Kai.." Sehun watched, amused. He must've really forgotten. 'Let's check if the spell Taemin gave me really did work.' he thought.

He whispered.. "Kai," Just like he expected, the Kai in the mirror whipped around, surprised. 

So now his plan would perfectly work... "Kai ruining the rest of EXO's (mortal) reputations.. the gods will easily get pissed, proud bastards" he spat the word 'gods' and smiled. 

Feigning surprise he said, "Oh my, did I just give that away?" His attention averted to the screen and saw Suho entering. 

Target 1. The most powerful of the gods - Zeus/Kris. His lips curled into a smirk. 


The door to Kai's room opened and in came Suho, EXO's band leader. 

"Jongin, are you okay? You fainted during practice so I let you stay in my room." 'Jongin... so my name must be Jongin' Kai thought. 

"I'm alright, Suho-hyung." The name suddenly leapt from his lips.

"Nice memory, Kai Jongin-ah."  Kai heard the voice again and surprisingly touched his head. "My head just hurts...a lot, and I feel forgetful."

Suho patted him on the back. "Well, get well and rest. I'm sure you don't need to practice anymore right, lead dancer? We have the SM Town Seoul concert tomorrow."

Kai jerked up. "Concert?" Suho laughed, "It's our first live concert.. Forgotten already?" 

"No.. just a bit surprised. It came up earlier than expected." Suho looked at him funny and closed the door.

Kai ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. 'Go to sleep. I'll see you there.' Obediently, he laid down on the pillow and closed his eyes to drift off to a dream-ful sleep...

In his dream he was immobile on a couch of sorts. In the room there was another boy, sitting on a grand wooden throne. He got up and strided towards Kai. "Got here so soon?" He smiled.

"Blink once, if you understand; blink twice, if you disagree,, Though you can't do anything about it." Kai blinked once. 

"Good! First of all.. I am Sehun. I control your mind and you do as I wish. Don't do it? You get hurt and.. you never get your memories back. " Kai stared up at those captivating dark brown eyes. His stomach clenched as he reluctantly blinked once. 

Sehun his hair. "Listen.. tomorrow..at the SM concert, you will see someone who looks a lot like me.. No, scratch that. Someone who is me. You will talk to him only when I instruct you to. You will only do something if and only if I instruct you to do so." 

Kai blinked once. Anything to do with getting his memories back. Anything. 

"Anything to get your memories back?" Sehun paced around the room. "You might regret it when you remember again..Kai." 

"Goodbye."