Chapter 12

My Billion Dollar Man {HIATUS}

Dongwoo profusely apologized to the flabbergasted Myungsoo while Sungyeol was laughing hysterically in the background. Myungsoo nodded; his face beet red but he didn’t have the heart to get angry at Dongwoo.

It was later revealed that the room was especially made for Dongwoo because he really loved- actually the word obsessed would’ve been more appropriate-with socks.  Since Mrs Lee was very fond of Dongwoo, every month a new whole batch of socks – high quality and specifically made for Dongwoo- would be sent to the house. He even had a personal sockskeeper who washed and put the socks in some semblance of order every weekend.

Myungsoo also noted that Dongwoo intentionally wore mismatched socks. Always.

“If you get on her good side, you’ll be a very lucky person,” Sungyeol told him seriously. Myungsoo found out as well that Sungyeol was regarded like a son to Mrs Lee, he even had the privilege to call her ‘Umma’ if he so wanted to. On the other hand, Mrs Lee had always been wary of Woohyun- “Probably because he’s always used his dirty charm on women,” Sungyeol had told him. After that they went outside there was a black four-wheel drive lexus waiting outside.

Hoya was the designated driver for the day, he wore a large black sunglasses and he looked polished. Myungsoo wondered about it for a passing second before getting in the backseat after Sungjong while Sungyeol opened the other door. Woohyun sat in the passenger seat, the whole ride he didn’t speak a word. Dongwoo and Sunggyu on the other hand was using Sunggyu’s car.

A cute blue cat mascot stood outside the main entrance of the super huge shopping mall carrying a huge red neon ‘mall temporarily closed to the public’ signboard. About five policemen were flagging him looking ready to beat up people if the need arise. Hoya drove past and parked near it, one of the policemen tapped his window. Hoya and the policeman talked in low tones, the former showing him something-presumably an identification card- and the police nodded. After that he went out of the car.

Myungsoo frowned as Sungyeol continued to latch on Sungjong as they went out of the car. He had been unusually clingy to the younger man the whole ride, laying his head on the other man’s shoulder while hugging his arm. Just then, an attractive woman with an arrogant air about her went to welcome them, smiling at Hoya but neglecting to greet the others. She led them inside as Myungsoo felt stares on them, it made sense that they were the centre of the attention though because nobody else except their group was allowed to step foot inside the mall

While the woman was conversing with Hoya, the others were fooling around behind them. A few minutes later, they were joined by Sunggyu and Dongwoo. The latter immediately ran to the socks section dragging Myungsoo with him “help me find socks,” he said urgently and Myungsoo couldn’t help grinning because at Dongwoo’s serious and focused expression as he led him to the socks section. However, it was even more priceless when he saw Dongwoo who looked like a child in a toy wonderland as he saw all the socks being displayed in one area of the second floor.

Dongwoo immediately abandoned Myungsoo, laughing happily as he skipped from socks to socks, eyes glittering with excitement as he ooohed and ahhhed at them. He did little dances from time to time, genuinely enjoying looking at the colourful socks. Myungsoo felt envious at the man who could be satisfied over just a simple object-like a child-

“Dongwoo-hyung is so adorable isn’t he?” he nearly gasped at Sungjong who suddenly was by his side with two sweaters hanging by his arms .Myungsoo tried to calm down because his heart seemed to refuse doing so. He just nodded, to afraid to speak just yet “sorry did I startle you hyung?” Sungjong innocently asked. Myungsoo nodded once. He apologized again and asked Myungsoo to help him find more clothes.

Sungjong was browsing the clothes and Myungsoo followed frowning at the price tags, why did he even bother checking them again? He knew all these branded things would have been unaffordable for him, at least not for a few more months – Mrs Lee did show him the very generous salary he’d be receiving on the agreement papers-so when Sungjong asked him to try one on he declined but Sungjong insisted

They were near the fitting rooms with arms full with clothes when all of a sudden Dongwoo and Sungyeol appeared and shoved the both of them inside one small and cramped fitting room - laughing giddily as they did so. Myungsoo tried to balance himself but didn’t succeed as some of the clothes in his arms flew and he slipped at the same time as the door slammed shut with a loud bang.

“Ooomphh” he unexpectedly landed on Sungjong who was buried under all the expensive clothes and for a moment all they could do was stare dumbfounded at each other. The temperature raised and it was getting hotter by the second. Myungsoo was aware of the fact but he couldn’t seem to tear his eyes away from Sungjong’s dark innocent eyes. It was as if the world was in a very slow motion and though the younger man’s lips were moving, he couldn’t for the life of him hear, let alone understand what he was trying to tell him.

A short gasp of breath escaped him, the white background around him burst and he desperately tried to in air. He sat up and coughed, putting one hand on his throbbing temple and the other to his chest. Sungjong gently put a hand around his arm and hauled himself to a sitting position. Myungsoo watched him as he moved and let their foreheads met. Sungjong let a sharp intake of breath as Myungsoo gripped his wrist tightly

What are you doing?” he snapped huskily

Sungjong scooted away at Myungsoo’s harsh tone “just checking your temperature,” there was an underlying defensiveness in his tone as he said this. “I think we should just try these clothes on…oh they’re all wrinkled already…,” Sungjong’s tone was flat as he inspected the bright sweaters on the floor with a little too much concentration.

“Are you angry?” Myungsoo asked more curious than anything

Sungjong continued to look through the pieces of clothing “no I’am not!” he answered without looking at Myungsoo. A mocking smirk was out of Myungsoo’s mouth before he could stop himself. Sungjong turned to him and glared angrily “what are you laughing at?”

“Hmm Sungjongie…,” Myungsoo leaned over much to Sungjong’s dismay and pinched his cheeks with both hands “don’t ever lie again, get that? You can’t lie worth anything,” Sungjong’s eyes turned heated as he slapped Myungsoo’s hands away, staring at him defiantly as if to say ‘I dare you to say that again’. Myungsoo laughed and with a hand he put his fingers on his cheeks and forcefully moved the younger man’s head side to side “rebellious much?

Sungjong didn’t answer as he shoved a dark red T-shirt to him, stood up and stripped off his jeans right in front of Myungsoo “What the hell?!” Myungsoo shouted in astonishment at the younger man.

“What?  We’re both men, what’s wrong with it?” Sungjong said nonchalantly

Myungsoo’s expression was schooled into that of an icy statue; however, his eyes were the total opposite. His blood ran cold but his gaze was set ablaze, trailing slowly upwards appreciating Sungjong’s long, lean legs silently. Pure lust surged through his vein, making the room suddenly felt like it was boiling. Sweat trickled down his face and he gritted his teeth not caring about making them bleed, his heart was already beating a mile a minute and he knew by the sudden awareness of his surroundings that his pupils were probably dilated too.

He didn’t realize Sungjong was already in his new pair of jeans, posing in front of the full length mirror unaffected and Myungsoo growled lowly in his throat. Wasn’t he aware at all what he was doing?  “Hyung, does it look good on me?” came the voice of the pure innocent angel. Myungsoo looked up and met his eyes in the mirror, there was no hint of anything deceitful there. He calmed himself, closing his eyes and shakily took deep breaths

He stood up after he made sure that he was fine to do so and moved to stand behind the boy and hugged him close to his chest adoringly, putting his chin on the young man’s shoulder

“Mirror mirror on the wall, is Sungjongie the fairest of them all?” he whispered as they watched each other from the mirror and he smiled softly when he saw Sungjong's amused grin.

“What are you doing?” Sungyeol asked confused as he found them “have you already tried them all on? What’s with this mess?”

Myungsoo let go of Sungjong to narrow his eyes to the man who oddly seemed puzzled “weren’t you the one who caused this?” he said accusingly, Sungyeol put up his hands and grinned saying that he and Dongwoo wanted to use the two other fitting rooms and didn’t want to share with anyone. Myungsoo raised an eyebrow at this

“Well we only have about half an hour left until we have to go and the mall reopened again to public,” he explained “and no offense Jongie, you’re y and all but a guy needs his privacy once in awhile but yeah come try this awesome shirt I’ve found...,” just like that he dragged Sungjong to the fitting room beside theirs and slammed the door shut.

‘So stripping in front of others is a common occurrence?’ he thought, not knowing why he felt angry and tricked all of a sudden.

He was busy fuming when out of the corner of his eyes he saw Baekhyun on Chanyeol’s shoulder trying to reach for a hat on a very high shelf “uhh don’t you need help for that?” the duo was startled and Chanyeol though he was unstable for a few seconds didn’t  fail to give him a sweet genuine smile. Baekhyun gave a little wave at him before putting a finger against his mouth

“Shhh, we’re not supposed to be here,” he whispered and winked conspiratorially

Myungsoo’s eyes widened “are you planning to steal the hat?” both chuckled, Chanyeol shook his head

“Nope we’re just…waiting for the security guards to catch up with us,” Baekhyun told him in a low tone and just like that two huge men in green uniform came bounding over at a corner and shouted harshly at the duo. Baekhyun jumped down gleefully and after giving a teasing wave at the two furious men, he and Chanyeol took off laughing hysterically

Myungsoo slipped away before the two men could catch up to him – he didn’t need to get in trouble too but it sure looked fun-

He found everyone was gathered back in the middle of the second floor, Sungjong, Sungyeol and Dongwoo had three assistants behind them carrying their clothes. Sungjong motioned to Myungsoo and asked for his sizes, relaying the information to Hoya

“I want all…yes, his size please and don’t forget the shoes” Hoya ordered to a sales assistant “send all to my house this afternoon and make sure everything is in perfect condition,” she nodded understandingly

When the time arrived to pay for the things, Hoya signed a check but Myungsoo who stood beside him stared as he saw Hoya just signed with the name ‘Lee Sungjong’ under it, he passed Hoya a discreet look and Hoya had a smirk on his face without looking at him.

“Thank you Mr Lee Sungjong we hope you will come shop here again sir,” the lady said to Hoya, bowing politely. Myungsoo’s mouth gaped open and he whirled around to see Sungjong wearing the same amused smirk as Hoya’s.

They were on the way out when the previous woman who welcomed them apologized profusely to Hoya stating that there were some people who managed to slip in passed the security guards and policemen outside but not to worry as they would be caught soon. ‘Some?’ Myungsoo thought.

As soon as the thought crossed Myungsoo’s mind, he froze as Hoya let out a disturbed ‘ha’ and Myungsoo blinked as he saw Hoya was gripping the wrists of two men with their hands in Hoya’s back jeans pocket, his pocket and everywhere else where he might hide his wallet. The woman screamed and called out for bodyguard, running away.

“Aish hyung this man has no wallet!” one cried “you said he was the one who paid for their shopping”

“I was right, he was the one! I saw it with my own eyes,” the other said defensively, he had brightly coloured hair and Myungsoo narrowed his eyes.

Just then, one of them, the older one turned and saw Myungsoo. A huge grin spread across his face

“Oh hi there little black sheep,” he gave a wave with the other hand which wasn’t in Hoya’s tight grip. Myungsoo groaned as the younger one turned and commented with a tilt of his head

“Long time no see,little Myungie!”

Myungsoo would never forget the infamous pickpocketeers ever…the mischievous twins : Daeryong and Soryong

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Hehe thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting everyone :) I'm taking this quite slow, hope you guys don't mind. I've got everything planned out already so no worries...I'll try to find time to update in between my exams alright. Right till next time.

p.s don't worry about the pairings as well, nobody is forever alone in INFINITE...<---a hint