Vacation

Beastly Heroes

 

The BEAST members had arrived at the docking bay for the Cube's private yacht; most of the boys had a smile on their face, getting ready to board for the beautiful Jeju Island.

 

"I could use a little help here!" The leader struggled under the weight of s’ entire luggage.

 

"Why should we? It’s punishment, remember?" Hyunseung smirked while the others tried to stifle a laugh.

 

Aish...Pabo Doojoon! Why did you even think of that?! You know you're one against five. The leader thought, mumbling and grumbling as he carried their luggage bags.

 

 

 -flashback-

"Guys? Y-You know I love you, right?" The leader spoke, his voice shaking a bit.

 

The others were becoming nervous, worrying just what their manager had told the leader.

 

"O-Of course we do!” Junhyung chuckled nervously. “What’s with the seriousness?"

 

The leader looked down at his phone, managing to form convincing fake tears in his eyes. "I-I just wanted to know if,” He sniffed a bit, adding to the charade. “…if I have been a good leader to you these past years...”

 

He looked up and wiping a tear away. "Why am I crying like this?" He chuckled, maintaining the gloomy tone in his voice.

 

"Hyung... Just tell us... Please..." Yoseob begged, tears streaming down his cheeks.

 

 Doojoon looked at each of them, becoming impressed his evil plan was working. s were so gullible sometimes, might as well continue his game a little longer.

 

"Manager-hyung... H-He... He told me we should stop practicing... that we should stop recording... and we should stop all our idol activities..."

 

The others were in shock and tears; even Yoonjae was a bit taken back by these words.

 

"What?" Hyunseung asked confused as to why the manager would end it before their contracts expired.

 

"D-Does that mean…" Kikwang tried hard, to keep from breaking down in tears.

 

"...we-we're disbanding?" The maknae continued his hyung's statement, tears streaming from his eyes.

 

"No, Dongwoon... We're not disbanding... Right, Doojoon? Tell me, WE ARE NOT DISBANDING! RIGHT?!" Junhyung said, gripping the leader's collar in anger and sadness.

 

Doojoon just looked down and bit his lip, trying not to laugh at this reaction.

 

The rapper dropped the leader, slumping down to the floor. "This is ing ridiculous..." He huffed, letting his tears fall.

 

Yoonjae tried to comfort the other member, who had released all their emotions. But, even she felt their sadness. ‘How could something they loved so much be taken away from them?’

 

"M-Manager hyung told me," Doojoon whispered loud enough to re-capture everyone’s attention.

 

He wiped his fake tears, a bit nervous that he might’ve gone too far, but a small smile appeared on his face.

 

"He told me... to stop practicing...stop recording... and stop all our idol activities…” He took a deep breath before smiling, “…for the next few days. As of tomorrow, all of us are going to Jeju Island, for a little vacation."

 

The others were silent, completely shocked about just being pranked.

 

"You guys can react now." He confidently smirked.

 

“Get him!”

 

 At Junhyung’s command, the members lunged towards Doojoon, attacking him for pulling such a cruel joke

 

"THAT WAS SOO NOT FUNNY!!" The rapper yelled, punching the leader's arm.

 

“Ok! Jun, OWW!” The leader complained, rubbing his shoulder. “Did your punch get harder?” 

 

“THAT’S NOT SOMETHING TO JOKE ABOUT!!" Yoseob growled, bearing sharp fangs, he sat on the leader's stomach pinning him to the ground.

 

“You guys are so sensitive. Geez, sorry.”

 

After the members calmed down, each one stood and left the room, leaving their leader in a bit of pain.

 

"I was just kidding!" The leader shouted.

 

Yoonjae smiled, staring at the leader. “You haven’t heard the end of this one. I’m sure of it.”

 

 

 

“Mental note, Doojoon,” The leader mumbled to himself. “Next time you prank the guys, make sure their at least 100 meters away before they can attack you.”

 

Doojoon struggled with all the bags as he boarded the yacht. Dongwoon wanted to fly over and help, but Junhyung held him back. The ride to Jeju wasn’t meant to be too long but the boys were hoping to get a bit of rest on the ship out. They had spent the night before packing their bags so they were a bit tired.

 

Once the ship had set sail, all the boys were on deck staring out at the ocean.

 

“This was a good idea.” Yoseob stated, taking a deep breath of the ocean air.

 

“Let’s get this vacation started!”

 

The six boys spun around to see cheerful young girl standing behind them in a cute purple sun dress and sun hat.

 

“YOONJAE!” They all yelled in unison.

 

“What’re you doing here?” Junhyung yelled.

 

“Our manager’s on this boat!” Kikwang panicked. “What’ll he say if he sees you?!”

 

“He won’t,” Yoonjae smiled. “Don’t worry.”

 

“But how can you be so s-” Hyunseung was interrupted when their manager walked out on deck.

 

“Hey boys, enjoying the view?” Their manager approached as Yoonjae stepped aside.

 

“Y-yeah, manager Hyung,” Yoseob spoke nervously.

 

“Good.” He walked over to Doojoon, handing him a brochure and schedule. “I got you a suite at the Shilla Jeju Hotel."

 

“Hell yeah!” Junhyung cheered, hearing the name of the nicest hotel on the island.

 

The Manager nodded. “You’re free to do whatever you want as long as you meet in front of the hotel at noon, Friday.”

 

“Deal,” all the members agreed, while glancing at Yoonjae.

 

“Well I’ll give you all some freedom, try not to get into trouble this week.” The manager walked off as the 6 members walked over to Yoonjae.

 

“How did manager-hyung not notice you,” Dongwoon asked.

 

Yoonjae giggled. “He can’t see me. Only you six can. Your powers allow you to see and hear me, but no one else can.” She smiled. “So talking to me just makes you look crazy.”

 

Junhyung sighed, “Great.”

 

“So why’d you tag along anyway, Yoonjae?” Yoseob asked.

 

“Did you really expect me to leave you alone when you can’t even control your powers?” Yoonjae asked, rhetorically.

 

“Hey! Have some faith!” Doojoon argued. “We’re in complete control of our powers.”

 

Yoonjae raised an eyebrow and pointed to Hyunseung, who had allowed his body to vanish below the neck while he stared off into space.

 

Junhyung hit the elder boy on the back of the head, bringing him back to his senses, and back into visibility.

 

Yoonjae chuckled. “Don’t worry, you won’t even know I’m here.”

 

Kikwang groaned, getting a bad feeling about the vacation. He walked over to Dongwoon who took to looking at dolphins in the ocean.

 

Hyunseung laid on a deck chair while Doojoon leaned over the railing, trying to relax his sore back.

 

Meanwhile, Yoseob and Junhyung moved toward the other edge of the deck.

 

“Hey, Jun?” Yoseob asked the rapper.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“What do you think our powers are? The others have already discovered theirs.”

 

Junhyung paused for a moment. He hadn’t thought about his power in a while. In fact, he was still trying to process the fact that he had one. “I guess when the time comes, we’ll find out.”

 

Yoseob thought. “Hey, maybe I’m a fire breather of something.” He started breathing over the railing but nothing appeared. Junhyung smiled, patting him on the back.

 

“I don’t think fire breathing would be a good idea for a main vocalist.”

 

“I guess you’re right.” Yoseob thought again for a moment. “Maybe I can walk through walls, or talk to animals, or control water, or-”

 

“Enough,” Junhyung stopped the over eager boy. “Just calm down. We’ll find out our powers when we need to.”

 

Yoseob sighed and pouted as the rapper smirked and rubbed his hand through the vocalist’s hair.

 

“Besides, Yoseob,” Junhyung leaned over the railing. I get the feeling this vacation will be just what we need.”