Wedding Photoshoot

We Got Married: Baekhyun/IU

 

"They're such a stunning pair."
"Like a real wedding."


He extends his arm around awkwardly, wrapping it by her waist as she leans close to him.

“Do it more naturally, Baekhyun-sshi!” tells the photographer, snapping photos endlessly at the two of them, pouting and smiling. He shakes his head. “You two are adorable. So give me adorable. Lie down on the floor, you two.”

As instructed, they do what is told, lying next to each other as IU’s white gown make her look like she has come out from a fairy book. He blanches when she lies close to him, snuggling herself into his chest in wait, and his heart just pops out too fast it’s uncontrollable.

“Perfect! You look like puppies! Now, Baekhyun, put your hand by her arm, and then look at her. Look at her with yearning, with love.”

He does what is told like a good boy, gazing into her deep eyes and getting lost in them. There are no words exchanged between them but he feels lucky and happy all of the same time, as he can feel her breathing close to him.

“Do you think this can ever happen someday?” she whispers.

He smiles, planting a kiss on her forehead as the cameraman push through with this idea. “Are you wishing for something like this?”

She doesn’t say another word, still enjoying the moment as it lasts.

*

IU looked very comfortable and the pictures turned out perfect. 
(laughs) I think she looked gorgeous that time though. And I’ll never forget it, I guess. It felt... well, very relaxing, very... nice. It was great, I mean... IU by my side... The pictures turned out beautiful.

You looked gorgeous says your husband. 
(laughs) He looked human that time so yeah, we’re even.


VI. Final Night


She sits on the couch in their living room, hugging the pillow with Baekhyun lying on her lap. They are both undeniably silent, no one is talking.

“The marriage is going to end by 9:00. You’re free to do whatever you wish to do for the remaining time.”


“IU looks like her cat died.”
“She doesn’t even have a cat.”
“Exactly my point.”

“Remember when they said we’re too young to be in this show?” Baekhyun speaks, reaching out for the fringes of hair falling on her face. She remains quiet. “I think it’s because we’re too young to be attached. And handle our emotions.”

Biting her lips, her outer image falters and her eyes begin to leak. “Aish... don’t say that.”

“But it’s the truth. Two more hours, we still have a lot of time.”

She begins crying. “I’m telling dad on you. He told you not to make me cry."

He gets up and wraps her in his arms, trying his best as well to keep his tears. “We can’t be doing this for two hours. They’re taking away our apartment.”

“And the bed and the fridge!” she beams, her face squished in his hands. “But I’ll be missing you the most out of the things they’re going to take."

He goes to her ear and whispers something, like they always do and somehow the camera doesn’t catch on what it is (just like all the other whispered conversations). She sobs upon taking out from her backpack and shows him the pink diary from the first few episodes.

“Dear diary, today I’ll be a good wife to my husband.” She flips to the next page. “Dear diary, today I’ll be a good wife to my husband Baekhyun. I want him to feel special. I want to be the best wife.”


“Baekhyun’s crying.”
“The boy can’t keep the tears anymore.”

“Dear diary... “ She sniffs, while opening the last page of the notebook. IU leans to him while they remain on the couch, his arms around her, his head by her shoulder. “It’s already the 429th day of our marriage. Tomorrow will be the 430th, and we’ll be separated. I want him to know that I’ve never been so happy and sad at the same time and all these emotions are making me crazy. Baekhyun is making me crazy.”

He manages to chuckle. “What else?”

IU sighs. “I don’t think I’ll be anywhere safer, anywhere loved than being close to him.”

*

How’d you feel when she was saying these words to you.
(wiping his tears) I wanted to... hold her closer and never let go. I didn’t want it to end at all. I’ve never... (laughs while crying) It’s just that... IU... Jieun and I... it’s too... unreal right now. I want to go back.
They say you were too young to be in WGM. 
(still smiling sadly) That’s because we’re too young to handle being separated. And it’s true. It’s... it’s too hard on both of us I guess. It’s different when I wake up tomorrow to find out that he isn’t going to be there with me anymore.

***

 

 

 

Special Thanks Stargawn @ ► mochi & mochi