The Date

We Got Married: Baekhyun/IU

 

“They’re too young to be dating.”
“You’re not her dad.”
“Even if I wasn’t I’d say they’re still too young.”
“That’s why they’re the maknae couple of WGM.”

It’s already almost seven months, seeing each other gets a little harder even during filming because of their hectic schedules: IU’s tour and then EXO-K’s been preparing for recording and flying back and forth to China to support their counterpart.

But it’s all right. A movie date seems fine for a couple who are in their late teens. They’re still teens, still babies as others consider them, especially the viewers so if ever they give off these stares, the MCs would start squealing themselves. As intense as they give off, they will end up laughing even more.

*

Both of you were wearing couple hoodies. 
It was all his idea honestly. I said I’d wear something different and then he goes saying, ‘same color, same color!’. He does aegyo more than I do when we were out.
(PD: So why the color purple?) It looks feminine, I know. I told him let’s wear blue. But he said, no. ‘Jieun must wear something cuter than that.’ I had no choice, he was attracting attention from the ladies (laughs)
(PD: Jealous?) (frowns) He was doing it on purpose (laughs).

She said you have to stop attracting the saleslady.
(laughs) I had a feeling she was infuriated by the time I got out of the dressing area. She crosses her arms and bloats her face a lot. She doesn’t like to wait either.
(PD: She said she wanted blue but you wanted purple.) I prefer her wearing purple so that it’d be cuter.


He puts his arm over her shoulder as they both drink off a strawberry smoothie, entering the theaters now.

“Your arm is heavy,” she shoves it away, but he keeps on doing it every time so she stops walking, glaring at him. “You’re very annoying today. First the hoodies and now the arm.”

He shrugs still drinking off the almost empty bottle. He smiles and takes out his hand from his pocket, waiting for her to reach it. And she does, holding his hand tightly.

“Have you dated before?” he wonders as they enter the cinema.

She giggles. “Of course. And you?”

“Nobody wanted to go out with Bacon,” he jokes. “So this is my first.”

IU wipes a small grease by his cheek with her thumb. “You’re lying to me again.”

They take the seat in the farthest back, the line completely empty, and the camera staying on the line below them. He pulls back the armrest that separates them, so that they can raise both of their legs.


“They might go kissing while the cameras are down.”
“That’s not happening.”
“You’ll never know. They’re kids. They’re full of passion, you know."

The movie lasts for more than an hour or so, a romantic comedy that bored IU to death. The cameras weren’t allowed for more than ten minutes tops, so when they switched on in the end, the crew finds her already lying on his lap, Baekhyun crossing his arms and also tilting his head in daze.

“Oh... the movie’s done?” she wakes up, stretching and getting back to her seat. She shakes her husband who still doesn’t even move a muscle. Giving up, she rests back and stays in that position for the mean time.

*

She fell asleep on your lap. 
(smiles) She just arrived from Japan and she was tired that day. I hadn’t realized I was tired myself until the end of the movie (laughs). She really needed sleep.

“Call me oppa,” he suggests as they take a stroll by the playground and the time just flies forth to nine thirty.

“I don’t want to,” IU answers.

“You’ve got no choice, I’ll stop calling you Jieun.”

“You can’t, you promised Mom.”

Baekhyun finds his way to the slide, his wife sitting on the end and staring at the starlit sky. It looks majestic.

“Then you have to call me something.”

“Baekhyun,” she giggles, as he sits across her on the bare sand.

He scowls. “That doesn’t sound special at all.”

“Chagiya? I never called anyone chagiya before,” she suggests.

“Do... do... you want to call me that?” His blush seems redder even in the dark.

Nodding excitedly, IU stares back. “Or yeobo? Which one?”

“I want something that’s distinct.”

She falls back, getting a clearer view of the night sky. “Baekhyun is a pretty distinct name.”

“But everyone calls me that. And don’t you think my wife should think of a better nickname than the fans?”

She stands up, an annoyed expression on her face as she walks back, Baekhyun taken aback by this. He follows her while laughing and taking her arm but she won’t turn her back, not once so he goes in front of her, opening his arms. This makes her stop indeed, lowering her head.

“I want to go home, I’m so tired.”

“But chagiya, I want us to have more fun!” He said energetically.

She pushes him but he is still. “Really you! It’s bed time.”

He pouts, taking her hand now. She doesn’t take it back, instead smiling and looking at him sadly. “You make it impossible to hate you. Been testing my acting skills with this. How was that PD-nim?” Okay!, the man behind saying.

“Do you want me to make you some chocolate milk?”

“With cookies,” she says happily. “Baekhyun-ah.”

“Oppa? Yeobo? Come on....” Baekhyun almost pleads, Jieun burying her face near his neck as they walk back in the cold night. He feels the sudden rush so he can’t help but put an arm around her.

“Baekhyun’s a special name to me. And it always will be.”