The First Meeting

We Got Married: Baekhyun/IU

 

She comes out of the van in her plain jeans and a cap over her loose ponytail. It is a morning in May 2012 and she looks up at the building they’ve parked. She grins widely as her very attractive manager also gets off the van himself.


“It’s IU! She’s finally in the show!”
“They grow up so fast.”
“I wonder who her husband would be.”

 

 

“SM? I’m marry... marrying...someone from here?” Gasping and stuttering, she asks and he nods, pulling her inside as her feet nervously refuse. She looks at her phone and all the clues that give her with 'he’s someone you’ve met before and he’s in your age group'. All the artists from this company are ones she actually met before (not that very helpful in easing her anxiety) and her mind keeps on going back and forth for the ones who haven’t done WGM yet. Well, there are still a whole bunch: ones from SHINee, DBSK and Super Junior not included since they’re a lot older, and then those from EXO the rookie group.

“It’s Key-oppa, isn’t it?” She wonders out loud as they enter the hall.

“Nope, try again.”

“Minho? Oh... Taemin-sshi! We’re the same age,” she continues guessing. “If he’s not from SHINee, then... from EXO? Oh, oh, it’s Kai!”

“That makes you a noona, you know that? And no, it’s not any of them,” they both chuckle as slowly nearing one of the practice rooms; she can hear feet shuffling and a bunch of shared whispers here and there.

The door opens and her heart just can’t be sure if it should just stop or pump a little more. Upon seeing the cameras, the boys had the widest beams in the world (wiping their sweat off most of them) except for one now, hiding behind the curtain in his sweatpants, his face totally unpainted with the famous eyeliners.


“Too young! Look at those boys!”
“You're an ahjusshi to her so be quiet! You’re just jealous because IU’s in it!”

 

 

The rest of EXO are clapping their hands, and messily adding their personal comments about this like, “He’s been talking about it all night and can’t get it out of his system!” and Chanyeol yelling, “Oh my god, it’s IU!”

She bows her head as he comes out now, smiling awkwardly and looking away. “This is a surprise.”

“Baekhyun’s mute! Stop scaring her, !” D.O out of the blue adds.

“Hi.”

“Hi yourself.”

* 


Please introduce yourself.
Hello, everyone (grins). I’m Baekhyun from EXO-K! It’s only been a hundred days since EXO debuted but now I’m in this show. (sighs) I hope you give us a lot of love.

Did you expect it to be him?
I didn’t know what to expect, actually (smiles). Baekhyun is a... nice singer for someone who trained less than a year before debuting.

(PD: You’ve done research of your husband?) (laughs) Ah, it’s not that. (laughs) I just heard it when we were there. And... and... (laughs) I really, really was not expecting that I’d get paired up with him.(stares into the camera) I hope we do well together.
(PD: What was your ideal type again?) Someone who's easy-going and... smiles a lot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

POSTER CREDITS : DINODESIGNS