Rainy Morning

I Swear, I'll Protect You.

 

Hyukjae sat down next to the man, and rolled up his sleeve, revealing a bloody gash on his arm. "Are you a certified doctor?"

"Ha!" the other laughed, " that's what everyone wants me to be. No no I'm just a college senior. So where you from?" he asked, dabbing the wound with a cotton ball, removing the dried blood.

"Pretty far it would seem." the other was mesmerized by the amount of tools and such in the med kit.

"And how old..?"

"20."

"Aha! So you're my dongseng." the elder took a q-tip out of the box and dipped it in some hydrogen peroxide to clean the bacteria out.

Hyukjae felt the sting of the antiseptic and bit his lip. He pulled his arm away, not being able to hold it in any longer; "How dare you treat a royalty with such diprespect!? I am Lee Hyukjae! A member of the royal Lee family in the year 560 A.D.!" he stood, his tone reaching an angry pitch, "My family was attacked by those damn other clan warriors and my teacher sent me here to live and he said I would find somone to lead me through it. I'm guessing that's you! Consider yourself lucky to be serving under my name!"

Donghae didn't realize the peroxide was dripping all over him, for he was almost positive he just just brought a psyco into his house.

"Who...where...wait what?" The older capped the liquid and looked around for the nearest phone.

"My god, you sure seem dumb for a proclaimed doctor." Hyukjae sat down, with what seemed like a royal smirk plastered on his face.

Donghae stood when he sat, backing with a hand towards his saving telephone line, "No. No, no, no. I'm not dealing with a pysco after only living on my own for a month. NO sir." There was a confused look on the others face as he stood, rolling his sleve up again, but the other back away further, "No! Do NOT come near me or I'll...I'll," he searched for his weapon and found a pillow, "I'll throw this deadly weapon at you!"

"Now I may be from a different time period, but I'm pretty sure, peasant, that that is mearly a pillow, and it could not physically harm me unless thrown from very far away distance, at a very high speed. Now if you'll finish your treatment, I'll be retiring to bed." Hyukjae sat down again, with an impatient glance up at the older.

He was holding his head, confused as ever. "Y-you really expect me to belive you're from over a thousand years ago, and you suddenly came here through some damn portal and ended up in a park where I found you lying there, and I'm supposed to take care of your sorry ?!"

"Excuse me!?" Hyukjae stood once more, his arms crossed tightly over his chest, "You dare curse at-"

DING DONG DING DONG 

"Hae-ah! Is everything ok in there? Kyuhyun and I are trying to sleep!" A high pitched male voice came from outside the door.

, Donghae thought, Sungmin must of heard me. "H-hold on hyung, I'll be right out! Now you better..." he lost his train of thought when he realized that the other had a confused face on, searching the room for the bell in the room.

"Strange, I see no gong, is this some sort of trickery?" The younger said with a completely serious curiosity.

The elder, with much force, held back a chuckle, for he knew that he still was probably going to call the cops to hall this guy out of his apartment, but he did let a small smile escape. "It's a doorbell, now if you wait..." He was cut off by a strange tug at his heart and a snap in his mind, somthing telling him not to turn the younger in. He tried to ignore it though, and walked towards the door. 

Opening it, he saw his hyung from college, who was a music major, scratching what seemed like a pretty roughed up bed-head."Donghae-ah, you better quiet down, cause you know how cranky Kyu-ah can be when he doesn't sleep for more then 6 hours. And we have final's trials tommorow." 

"Sorry, hyung. My, uh, friend came over." Donghae said, trying to keep the door barely open behind him, concealing the concerned royal.

"Friend, huh?" The elder wiggled his eyebrows and punch his dongsengs shoulder. "Let me see him. I wanna see if my boy found himself a good-"

"H-hyung! Just cause I'm bi doesnt mean I want everyone in the aparment complex to know," donghae whispered feaverdly.

The elder sighed, and rolled his eyebrows 'Uh huh. Well, try to be safe." He winked and the younger shoved him away with a knowing sound and closed the door. 

"Now, which ward did you come fro- woah!" Donghae turned and Hyukjae was standing right behind him. How did he not notice him?

"So, now I'm your lover? What kind of culture is this?"

The other flushed a deep, deep red and opened the door again. "Out."

"W-what?" Hyukjae froze, still completely unaware of the situation.

"I SAID OUT. I do NOT want to deal with a psyco like you! OUT!!" Donghae shouted, pointing at the empty hall way. "Wait. You don't know how to even use the elevator. Come with me." He grabbed the others elbow and towed him towards the stairs. Kicking the door open with his foot, he shoved the other out. "Down the stairs, your highness. And leave me be!" 

The door slammed behind Hyukjae as he stared at the winding stairs infront of him. Every step he took down one, he realized how he, in less then 24hours had already failed his teacher, who he secretly thought of a second father to him. He hit his head with his fist, trying to figure out how to get back home, but nothing came to him. In fact, he was starting to forget what his home even looked like. And then it hit him, like a bullet train.

He wasn't going back. He was stuck in this world for the rest of his life. In this new world full of technology that he had no idea what it held for him. No idea where to go, how to live.

He opened the door into the cold spring night, and heard some shouting coming from down the street. Two drunk men came up to him and one pinned him up against the wall while the other started to his shirt. "hey there little blond. Why don't we have some fun tonight?"

Hyukjae squirmed under him, kicking to get free "Off me, you pig!" 

The heavier man of the two punch him in the face and glared, "Shut it or we won't go easy on you."

Hyukjae felt like he was going to puke, the smell of alcohol was so strong. Struggling free of the man, he punched both of them in the jaw, causing them to stumble back. He was pushed up against the wall again by the thinner one who kissed him square on the mouth, shoving his tounge down the others throat. The victim moaned, his body trying with all it could not to kick the man straight in the nuts.

"Kyung-ji! Police!" The fat guy shouted as the thinner was molesting hyukjae. 

Kyung-ji shoved him down on the ground and kicked him in the sides, causeing him to cry out in pain. "If I see you again blodie, my is gonna be in that cute little mouth of yours."  He ran off as the police car sirens could be heard. 

As the car flashed by Hyukjae, he crawled along the pavement to lean against the aparment of his supposed savior, hugged his knees, and cried, fealing lonely and hopless. 

Back up in Donghaes room, he sat on his couch, feeling a stinging pain in his chest near his heart. He had no idea what was coming over him. First he felt this when he saw the blonde man sitting on the pavment with his bloody arm, now it hurts even more that he's gone. 'My teacher told me to find somone, and I'm guessing that's you!' he said. How was he supposed to belive that? Some teacher from some relm of over a thousand years ago sent a strange boy, 3 years younger then him, for him to live under his roof. It was too much. His head ached.

Standing, he walked towards the spralled out medical kit, and shook his head as he put the supplies back. He took two pills out of the pain killer bottle and took them with a glass of water. To clear his head, he thought he would take a shower. Turning on the hot water, he stepped under the steaming shower head and let out a deep breath he felt like he had been holding since he met the man. After he finished, he tried to sleep to clear it. But nothing, nothing would get his mind off of the stranger.

He laid there, his eyes staring at the cealing as he remebered him. His soft blond hair, his dark eyes that seemed to be raking you of everything, seeing deeper then you thought, that defined face that could only be pulled off through rigurous exercise. His long lashes, the way his lips curved around his white teeth..

Donghae sat up, and held his head in his hands. No. No he couldn't be falling for him. He just met him, he's a psycopath! He assumed it was just heart burn to quench his suspicions and promptly went to sleep.

The next morning he work up, completely groggy and out of it, gettting ready for school was difficult enough, but the fact that he tossed and turned all night didn't help. rubbing his eyes, he swallowed down a mouth full of coffee as he stared out his large glass wall of windows that looked out on the city. The rain seeemed to be coming down, just like the sky was crying. He sighed, remembering the confused face of the younger boy when he shoved him out the door, and he wondered if he had found shelter for that night.

DING DONG DING DONG. "Hae-ah! Time for class!" Sungmin shouted.

Donghae slung his backpack over his shoulder and opened the door to his two best friends smiling at him. "You two are cheery for this early in the morning."

"It's 10, hyung" kyuhyun commented. 

The elder shrugged and walked passed them. The small talk consisted of what the finals trails were going to be like for the muic majors versus the liturature majors and they decided to meet up for lunch. As they exited the complex, a sight stopped Donghae in his tracks.

Hyukjae sat there, shaking profusely. He seemed to have a bloodly lip and his shirt was ripped open. His blond hair hung infront of his face, and his wound on his arm seemed to have reopened. 

"H-hyung, wh-wh-what..?" Kyuhyun hyung back behind the two others. "Who's the hobo..?"

Donghae didn't know what came over him, but he, somehwere distant heard his backpack falling with a splash as he dropped his umbrella. He ran and crouched down infront of the the blond. "Gwenchana? Yah!" He shook him gently, his eyes full of concern.

Hyukjae lifted his eyes, which were still full of tears. "W-well. I guess my teacher was right. This world is more violent." What donghae saw made him almost gag. His lip really was bloody, and he had bruises all over his neck. His jaw was swolen, and his lips were as well. . His pants were still on, but he still expeircened the fear. 

Suddenly, the younger leaned forward, and fell unconcious against the olders shoulder.

"Hyukjae! YAH! GWENCHANA!?"

 

((AHHHH....hai guys :). Two days over due. But I hope you like the update. ^^ THank you SOOO much for the subs and comments. They always motivate a writer. (: . So yeah. See you next wednesday or before ^^