Families..

I Swear, I'll Protect You.

The afternoon passed by with a rainy state, and the two males made small talk while Donghae cleaned up. 

"Shouldn't you be at...'school'?" Eunhyuk said as he finally gained the strength to stand and join the elder in the kitchen. 

Donghae laughed, realizing that most words that he said were forigen to the younger. "Mmm, but they are almost over. Don't worry your pretty royal head over it," he mused, stacking the dishes back into the coresponding cuboard. "Here," he threw a dishtowel at  him, "help me dry."

The younger, suprisingly, willing stepped up to the sink and took one of the plates in his hand. He dried it off, being careful not to drop it, and stacked it to the side. "So, what's the new world like?" he asked, curiously.

Donghae wondered still if the man was joking. But he was starting to belive in him. The signs all pointed to the fact that he was completely insane, or that he was telling the truth, and he was starting to belive that the lattter was true. "Well, we certainly have more technology then you do."

"Like the elebator and the magic box!" Eunhyuk interjected. "I will never understand how you work those things.

After a pause, Donghae broke down into a fit of laughter. He couldn't take it anymore. "Yah, I'm sorry. But it's eleVator. And the other is called a television. You sound so, so silly when you talk Eunhyuk-ah." He covered his mouth with a towel. "My bad, Eunhyuk-shii." 

"I-it's ok." The younger blushed again, wiping the dish a little harder then before, "You and I can talk informally. It would seem that is more the style around here. And I'm not exactly anybody important, at least that is what my teacher told me." 

The elder looked up from the dishes at the other who seemed to be lost in is thoughts. He seemed so cute when he was lost. Stop it Donghae, you can't let yourself fall so easily. Clearing his throat, he asked, "who was your teacher?" 

"Not was, is. Well, I guess was. He's a brilliant man who taught me everything I know today," a smile graced his lips and nearly took away the elders breath. "He taught me all about the kingdom, our King at the time, how to do math, science, and even how to find yourself a proper lady. Though, it would seem I was quite popular back in my time period. I'm sure it will be the same here."

"Hold up," Donghae stopped him and raised his eyebrows. "You were popular back then? How could the ladies stand a snobby prince like yourself?"

"Yah," the elder looked at him sideways under his blond bangs, "this face attracted many a lady. As did my voice. I was a singer who would have ladies flocking towards him."

"Pfft. Well, you and a thousand other people are singers nowadays. Heck, out of the two that were with me today, both of them were music majors. I'm a liturature major."

Eunhyuk stacked another plate down, "does that mean you know how to write in chinese?" 

The elder laughed "Not even close. I write in Han'gul. We learned breifly how to write in chinese, but I can't even remeber the different brush to write my own name."

"Give me a piece of paper and a brush." The younger said, putting down his towel.

"Here's a pen. It's a modern day brush. It has ink in it."

"Facinating...." Eunhyuk pushed the button on the top and jumped as the tip clicked out. He wrote his name on the paper in chinese. "Lee. HyukJae."

"How do you write Lee Donghae?" he peered over his shoulder. As the younger wrote it, Donghae starred in amazement. "Wahh."

A smug look crossed Eunhyuks face as he put the pen down. "It seem's I am smarter then you."

"Well, I don't really doubt that." Donghae chuckled as he began washing the dishes again. "My mother and father always reveled my sister over me. Always told me she was going to be the Doctor, I would be a nobody."  His face fell into a small frown as he remembered the days where he would sit at dinner with his family, and his father and mother would be talking it up with his older sister.

"Nana-yah," his mother would said, "my Nana is so smart compared to her younger brother."

"Umma, that's not very nice to say." She would say, poking her food around her plate with her fork. Nana was a thin, pretty young woman who was now 26. Her long black hair was they envy of many of her friends, and her eyes always had a scholars gleem, meaning she always did well in school. It came easy to her, unlike it did to her younger brother. Since she and her brother were in such close proximity with ages, they would always be being compared. 

"Your brother will live, it's not like this is the first time he's heard this." His father had said, agreeing with his mother.

Meanwhile, Donghae wasn't ok. He would sit there with a blank stare plastered on his face, robotically putting food in his mouth and sipping his water. He would always excuse himself from the table, it became more frequent as he got older. His parents used to talk in whispers behind his back, but when he began to understand, they would make it a regular conversation at the dinner table. 

When he told his parents he wanted to be a liturature major, they nearly exploded on him. 

"YOU ARE A FAILURE TO THIS FAMILY. HOW COULD YOU DISSAPOINT YOUR FATHER AND I?! WHY COULDN'T YOU BE A DOCTOR LIKE YOUR SISTER?!?!"

(A/N: I was just learning in my East Asia class that familes in those countries really push their children in the math and science classes and say that liturature doesHISTORY DORK EXPLOSION)n't really matter. ^^'')

'Umma, I'll do well, you'll see! Don't say those things!" His eyes began filling with tears as his father slapped him across the face.

"Don't you dare talk to your mother like that, you ungrateful son."

"Donghae-ah...?" Eunhyuk noticed the elder with his blank stare and saw there was water lining the rims of his eyes.

Hearing his name, he snapped out of it, quickly wiping away the moisture and laughed. "I-I'm fine. Just some bad memories." As he saw the younger not looking away, he put a small smile on his face, "Really. Hey, why don't we go clothes shopping. I get the fealing your not going to be wanting to wear the same outfit everyday."

The younger cocked his head to the side "You have a place we could go to get clothes for me?"

Oh god. He doesn't even know what a mall is? "Yes, your magisty." He joked, walking to his room and pulling out one of his white shirts. He handed it to the younger, "Put this on. I think I'm about your size."

The younger pouted to himself, "The magisty part wasn't needed." 

"Arasou, arasou. Hurry up, before the other two come back and bombard me with questions!" 

After he changed, Eunhyuk came out in Donghe shirt, it was tightly fit, his muscles fitting a little tightly in the shirt. Donghae coughed, trying to hide the gasp that was about to leave his lips, and turned to the door. "L-lets go!"

((HELLLOO READERS :) Over 500 views, Author-nim is happy! ^^ Please comment and subscribe and give me any ideas you would think that would make this story better. Negative feedback and positive feed back is awesome (: PS. Did you like my little parent rant? I think we all have those days where our parents get pissed at us over nothing....but it's ok. Plus, donghae-ah is being adorable. So it makes it all the better :D Love, love