chapter 42: emotional pain...

i'll never let you cry again.

 

Lee Joon POV

Looking at her distressed face, I didn’t ask more and just made her sit down on the soda before I went to find a first aid kit.

She did not say anything but just did what I told her to do.

I washed the cuts on her palm and took out some disinfecting cream and applied it on the cut.

It looked really painful, but she did not complain or say a word.

Next, I bandaged the cut and put back the first aid kit.

I sat down next to her and looked at her worriedly.

“Are you alright?” I asked softly.

“What did I do to deserve all this? Why were all my nightmares coming to life today?” she murmured.

I didn’t know what to say…

She laid her head on my shoulder and I her hair, hoping to comfort her.

At that moment, my phone rang and I picked up.

“Noona?” I said into the phone.

“Joon ah, where are you?” Soyeon noona asked.

I told her where I was and she said she’ll be right there.

“Jiyeon, Soyeon noona is coming over, is that alright?” I asked.

She just nodded her head.

The minute Soyeon came into the house; Jiyeon ran towards her and hugged her tightly.

It seems like Soyeon had already knew everything.

I never knew my own sister knew more things about Jiyeon than I did.

“Jiyeon ah… are you really sure Hyunjoong is Hyuna’s brother?” Soyeon asked.

“Yes…It was so obvious…Don’t you realize that their names sound alike too?” Jiyeon replied.

“Jiyeon ah, we’ll stay with you here in case your parents or Hyuna comes over and we’ll go to school with you tomorrow okay?” Soyeon asked and gave me a look to make me keep quiet even though I gave her a look.

Jiyeon nodded.

That night Soyeon slept with Jiyeon in her room while I slept on the sofa outside.

It was a little uncomfortable, but if it made Jiyeon feel better, it was worth it.

[The next day]

Lee Joon POV

Soyeon dropped us off and she left for class.

I walked with Jiyeon up the steps towards Jisoo who was with Seungho and Jonghyun.

Seungho and Jonghyun were giving me looks of jealousy and fury, but seeing Jiyeon’s injured hand and pale face, all attention immediately went back to Jiyeon.

“Jiyeon ah…” Seungho and Jonghyun asked at the same time.

Jiyeon just looked at them both tiredly and said softly, “I don’t want to talk about it…Could you two just not crowd around me for a few days?”

Then, she put one arm around Jisoo’s and grabbed my arm with her as we walked towards class.

As I looked behind me, I could see Seungho and Jonghyun both staring at me, and their gazes seemed to say, “Why is he allowed to be near Jiyeon but we aren’t?”

Their stares were really scaring me so I quickly turned around and tried to ignore them.

During class that day, Jiyeon’s mind seemed to be far away as her eyes seemed blank.

There was even her favorite singing class that day, but she said she was not feeling well and went to the nurse.

Jisoo and I went to find her after class and we decided to walk her home.

We met Hyuna and her group near the gate and Hyuna gave Jiyeon a disgusting look and was about to walk past us when Jiyeon stopped in front of her.

“Hyuna ah…” she started.

“Don’t call me that. We’re not that close, if you last remembered, we are still enemies.” Hyuna replied.

 

i;m sorry if this chapter is a little lacking, please be patient as the story will get more exciting soon!