o2. Let Go

The Model

 


Soft mewls could be heard at the door of Choi Minho’s bedroom, as Ren scratched at the ajar door. He was barely audible, and he kept crying for his owner. Finally, he gave up and stuck his body through the small opening. He slipped into the room and jumped on the dresser, down to the bed stand, finally onto the bed sheets. Ren cocked his head up, and his pointed ears perked up, as he noticed his owner’s friend, whom he loved quite much.

The blonde boy was sleeping on Minho’s chest. His pink lips were in an ‘o’ shape, due to his cheek resting on the other boy’s strong frame. His hands were lying on Minho’s stomach, and the bottom of his white pajama shirt was showing too much of what was underneath. Ren meowed once more. Kibum mumbled something in his sleep and buried his face in Minho’s shirt. Ren took the liberty of jumping onto Minho’s hair, and then pouncing onto Kibum’s neck. “Ow! Ren!” Minho opened his eyes to the sight of Kibum clutching the side of his neck.

“Kibum, what happened?” Minho asked, sitting up.

“Ren scratched me,” Kibum replied. Minho grimaced. Stupid cat. “It hurts..” Kibum whined slightly.

“Okay, come with me.” Minho picked Kibum up, bridal style, and walked to the kitchen. He sat the model down at one of the chairs and stepped to the other side of the counter to open one of the drawers. He took out a first aid kit and the sink, dampening a cloth. He squeezed the water out and went to Kibum. He dabbed around the already-red area, and noticed the scratches were quite big. “Does it still hurt?” Minho asked, as he put the cloth down on the counter.

“A little.”

Minho leaned in towards the scratches and blew on it softly. “The scratches are still open, so I’ll go get something that’ll make it heal faster,” Minho told Kibum. Kibum nodded, watching Minho leave to retrieve something.

A few minutes later, Minho returned with a bottle in his hand. “What’s that?” Kibum asked, curiously.

Minho popped the bottle open and the cap fell to the counter, clattering. It spun around until it came to a stop. “This is lavender oil,” Minho replied. He placed the open bottle on the counter beside the cap and went to the sink to wash his hands.

“What good does it do for me? Makes me smell better?”

Minho shook his head, chuckling to himself. “It’ll clean away the bacteria, make it heal faster, and reduce scarring so your pretty skin won’t look weird.”

“Are you mocking me for my skin?” Kibum remarked.

“No, I don’t want your agency to photoshop it like your other scar,” Minho replied. Kibum touched the little mark under his left eye.

“I quite like this scar. I’ve gotten used to it now,” Kibum commented. Minho dried his hands and picked up the bottle again, putting a few drops on his hand. He rubbed it on his fingertips and applied the oil generously around the edge of the scratches.

Once he was finished, he closed the bottle and sighed. “There. Better?”

Kibum smiled. “Thanks, Minho,” he said, in a sweet voice. “How do you know all this stuff?”

Minho shrugged. “I get scratched by Ren a lot and it’s usually on my face, so I don’t want to end up looking like some horror movie.”

“Are you hungry?” Minho then asked. Kibum glanced at his stomach, and heard it grumble. “Neh.”

Minho prepared toast with Kibum’s favorite hazelnut spread and poured a cup of fresh orange juice. He set it on the table and Kibum poked at the toast. “Looks good,” Kibum said. “Thank you.”

“Mhm.” Minho was busy making a cup of coffee for himself, and then remembered the night before, causing him to blush.

“Kibum?”

“Yes?”

“May I ask you...why weren’t you wearing the sweats last night when you came to my room?”

This time, it was Kibum’s turn for his cheeks to go red. “I...usually take my pants off at night because it gets too hot..it’s a weird habit of mine..” Kibum confessed.

Minho laughed. “Ah, I see. Just wondering.” Kibum blushed again. Suddenly, a burst of music came from the living room. “‘Sowoneul malhaebwa (I’m genie for you boy~)’.

“That’s...mine,” Kibum said, quietly. He slid off his chair and ran to the couch to retrieve his ringing cellphone from his bag.

“Yebosayo?” Kibum answered.

“Yah, Kim Kibum, where are you? You have the celebratory party later, remember?” said a voice at the end of the line.

“Aish, I know, Manager. I’ll be at my place in a bit; meet me there, please,” Kibum replied.

“Bwoh? Where are you at now?!”

“I’m at Minho-ah’s place.”

“You better have been not fooling around, Kibum,” his manger reprimanded.

“Hyung, Minho’s my best friend. Remember, I’m his model for his school projects, so don’t be so riled up; I’m helping him,” Kibum said.

“Well, you better be at your apartment by the next thirty minutes.”

“Yes, hyung.” Kibum hung up and put his phone back into his bag, sighing. He stood up, picked up his bag, and walked to the kitchen. “Minho..I need to get back to my apartment now,” he said.

“What is it?”

“I have a party to go later, and my manager wants me to be with him for the rest of the day,” Kibum explained.

“Ah, I see...do you want to grab a bite tomorrow afternoon at that new cafe that just opened in downtown? I heard their croissants are like heaven.” Minho emphasized the deliciousness of the pastries, and then Kibum interrupted, “I can make those for you for about five dollars less.” Minho shrugged. “You sure about that?”

Kibum scoffed. “Of course! I’m almighty Kim Kibum! I could do anything.”

“Don’t be too cocky, almighty Kim Kibum,” Minho mocked his voice in a higher pitch, gaining a light punch on the chest.

--

Later

Loud music thudded throughout the room, as a huge crowd of people danced with drinks in their hands. Kibum leaned back into the leather couch, shutting his eyes. He groaned, feeling dizzy from the pounding heavy beats that nearly shattered his eardrums. “You okay, Kibum?” Nicole asked. She was his stylist and one of his closest friends.

“Just fine. Perfectly fine,” Kibum grumbled, just loud enough to be heard over the music. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to be there, he was just tired. The whole modeling agency was having a party at the club in celebration for the success of the fashion show they had held a month ago. They’d also invited another company that had helped out with hosting and planning the show.

“But you look pale and you haven’t drank anything yet,” Hyoyeon said. She did Kibum’s makeup for photo shoots.

“I’m just tired..” Kibum replied.

“You had three shoots in a week, which is nothing compared to that one time when you had ten of them in one week. What’s up?” Woohyun commented. Woohyun was his co-stylist, and could probably make anyone smile at any time.

“I was staying over at my friend’s house to help him with school stuff,” Kibum answered.

“You mean Minho? Aish, that boy’s so hot!” Nicole squealed. “I remember when I came to his condo with you because he needed to finish an assignment. I believe we were going to that one poolside shoot.” Nicole paused and then said, “You guys would make a cute couple.” 

Kibum sighed. “He’s taking a figure drawing course and needed a model,” he explained to Woohyun and Hyoyeon.

“You do realize you’re going to get sooner or later,” Woohyun suddenly said.

“What the , Woohyun. I’m not having se–”

Hyoyeon cut Kibum off. “Figure drawing requires some sketching, you know.” 

Kibum turned red. “Ooh, Minho’s lucky~” Nicole sang.

“Oh my god, you are so weird, Nicole,” Hyoyeon said, laughing.

“I mean, seriously, that one time, I was over at your frog prince’s condo with you. He was so gorgeous. I mean, the way he draws; it’s just so amazing. Anyway, your chemistry with him is like, the exploding kind. The way he looks at you, the way your eyes shine when he compliments you...you guys are perfect for each other,” Nicole said, looking excited. “I could be your matchmaker.” She winked, and Woohyun made a disgusted face, jokingly.

“But..I don’t want a drawing of me hanging on Minho’s studio wall...that’s like, ing ,” Kibum whined.

“Then when he gets it back from his teacher, tell him to burn it or bury it in a hole or something,” Woohyun said.

“He won’t burn his stuff. He told me he’d never throw his art away because he might need it sooner or later.”

“Then you’re screwed,” Woohyun remarked, and then he laughed.

“No, just tell him to save it somewhere other than hanging it on the wall,” Hyoyeon said.

“I bet you Minho’ll look at it every night before he goes to sleep,” Nicole joked. Kibum hit Nicole’s shoulder lightly. “Kidding.”

“Dude, Kibum, you’re going to be in photo shoots where you’ll be in–I don’t know–underwear or almost and those photos will be seen all over Korea, but you’re nervous about one drawing that Minho will probably put in a portfolio where no one can see it except him and his teachers or you,” Hyoyeon said.

“Just forget about it,” Kibum groaned as he covered his face.

“Care for a drink? You look a bit stressed right now.” The four turned to see a man that oddly resembled a dinosaur standing near the table that was in front of the couch they were at.

“Oh my gosh, Jonghyun! You made it!” Nicole exclaimed. She stood up, pulled her miniskirt down slightly and hugged Jonghyun, who held a glass in his hand. “Sit,” Nicole told him, and Jonghyun settled beside her.

“I haven’t seen you since the show, Cole-Cole. Say, who’s this boy here?” Jonghyun asked, gesturing to Kibum.

“Oh, this is Kibum, and I’m his stylist. I forgot to introduce you guys to each other at the show,” Nicole replied.

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. “Kibum? Pretty name for a gorgeous boy like you. How long have you been modeling for the company?”

“A year now,” Kibum replied. He didn’t like that feeling of this Jonghyun guy hitting on him all of the sudden.

“Ah, I think I’ve seen you in a couple magazines. You’re really good, Kibum-ah,” Jonghyun said.

“Thank you..” Kibum said quietly.

“Kibum, don’t be so shy..Jonghyun’s a photographer for the HN company, the one that collaborates with us?” Nicole laughed. 

“That’s...interesting,” Kibum replied, looking at his cuticles.

After a long silence, Jonghyun asked, “Do you want to dance?” Kibum looked up, and glanced at the others, then back at Jonghyun. The dinosaur guy was looking directly at him. “Uh...” Kibum began.

Hyoyeon pushed Kibum up, to Kibum’s surprise. “You should,” Hyoyeon said. Kibum bit his lip and then Jonghyun stood up, taking Kibum’s hand. He led Kibum through the crowd, until he was too far from his friends’ view. They stopped near the edge of the large group, and a lady with a tray of drinks approached them. Jonghyun took two for each of them, and offered the other to Kibum. “Drink. Have fun. Let yourself go,” Jonghyun told the younger boy.

Kibum took the drink and sipped it precariously. A few drinks later, Kibum was already dancing with Jonghyun. “Damn, you’re an amazing dancer, Kibum..why didn’t you tell me?” Jonghyun asked.

Kibum, with a low alcohol tolerance, giggled and just moved his hips to the music, looking dangerously y. Jonghyun couldn’t help looking at the cute the younger boy had. Jonghyun took Kibum into his arms, and Kibum leaned his head on Jonghyun’s chest. “Can I call you...I don’t know, how about Key? It’ll be easier, and it’s cuter,” Jonghyun asked.

“Of course, hyungie~” Kibum said.

“Then Key it is,” Jonghyun chirped, smiling.

The rest of the night was a blur, and Kibum couldn’t remember much, except maybe he threw up in the bathroom once. Nicole took Kibum back to her house, where she watched him for the night. She honestly wondered how Kibum looked after himself.

--

Next morning

“Yebosayo? Oh, annyeong, manager-ssi! Yes, Kibum’s with me. He sort of got drunk last night..so..I brought him back with me. I don’t think he could’ve taken care of himself. Um..yes, he’s sleeping. He took some painkiller medicine and he should be fine when he wakes up. Honestly..you should let him take the week off. He’s exhausted. Uh..okay, thank you, manager-ssi.” Nicole hung up the phone and turned around. She saw Kibum walking to the couch.

“Kibum-ah, are you okay? How are you feeling?” Nicole asked, quickly rushing to Kibum’s side as he lay on the couch.

“Tired as ..what happened...why am I at your house?” Kibum mumbled, rubbing his forehead.

“You...sort of got really drunk last night and I couldn’t leave you alone so I brought you back here,” Nicole answered. “You looked like you had fun with Jonghyun-oppa last night.”

“Please do not tell me I giggled like a ing schoolgirl,” Kibum muttered, now running a hand through his disheveled blonde hair.

“Sort of..” Nicole said. “Well, only in the car you were like that..and then you passed out. I don’t know if you were like that with Jonghyun-oppa.”

Kibum groaned. “I’m sure it wasn’t all bad,” Nicole said. “By the way, your manager called. He said you can take a week off.”

Then Kibum sighed. “Thank god.” The phone rang again, and Nicole went to go pick it up. “Do people call you this often?” Kibum asked her. Nicole shook her head.

“Yebosayo?” Nicole answered.

“Um, hey, Nicole. It’s Jonghyun...can I speak to Kibum?”

Nicole’s eyes widened. “Oh, okay, sure. I’ll get him.” Nicole covered the mouth piece and stepped back to where Kibum lay. “It’s Jonghyun,” she said, pointing to the phone.

“Jonghyun’s not a phone,” Kibum mumbled, sarcastically. Nicole slapped his hand, and Kibum whined. “Just answer it,” Nicole said, firmly.

“Hello..?” Kibum answered.

“Hey, Kibum,” replied a cheery voice that obviously belonged to Jonghyun.

“O-oh..good morning..hyung...” Kibum wanted to throw the phone across the room. Did his voice seriously just break? Oh my god..he wanted to hide.

Jonghyun chuckled lightly. “No need to call me hyung. Just Jjong is fine.”

Jjong. “Jjong,” Kibum had repeated. “Mhm,” Jonghyun hummed in response. “I was thinking, do you want to hang out later? To get a coffee or something? Or maybe shopping?”

“Oh! Shopping!” Kibum blushed when he heard his voice go an octave higher. “I mean, sure! Um..let’s meet in front of the subway station, neh?”

“Okay, seems fine with me. See you there.” The line went silent and Kibum handed the phone back to Nicole. “Kibum! Did he just ask you out? Oh my gosh, you’re so lucky!!” Nicole squealed.

Kibum nodded slightly. “It’s really not big of a deal...we’re only going to get coffee and...shopping.”

“That seems like a date to me! Omo, what should you wear? I’ll go get something for you.” Nicole went on rambling about what boots would match Kibum’s favorite teal sweater, while Kibum drifted into his own world. There was something he was forgetting...but he couldn’t put his finger on it. Oh well, he thought, probably something not important.

“Yah, Kibum, are you listening?” Nicole’s voice snapped.

“Yeeeeeeees,” Kibum replied, drawing out the word. Nicole pinched his cheek, and he yelped. “Ow!”

“Too bad.”

--

a suuuuuuper long chapter for you guise<3 thanks for twenty subscribers ^__^

alkshdfl kibuuuuuum you bad boy. aren't you forgetting something? D: by the way, excuse any mistakes (omfg i get so embarrassed when i see one LOL) because i'm too tired to OTL.
posted: august 16, 2012