Allegro

`Find a way`

 

 

"So you are telling me that you found your partner after you danced with 'him' for like what, once? And then you spend a whole night telling the stories of your lives then...you made out. Well, excuse my pessimism, but I think you are living a dream, illusion or something, Jongin." the soft voice of his best friend Taemin echoed in the dance room as they were lying on the floor.

"It's not a dream and I didn't say we danced. We performed together." Jongin corrected the other and made him raise on his elbows, watching him suspiciously.

"You mean he is not a dancer?" he asked curiously and tilted his head as the other dancer got up and nodded.

"He is a violinist, hyung. The best of them all. We just match, his music and my dance are perfect combined. We complete each other and I feel it, it feels like a whole, like two pieces reunited and my heartbeat races so crazily when he plays for me. Moreover when I dance for him it's like...like he controls my moves and I make him give me the best music. Do you understand me?" Kai said enthusiastically, looking at his hyung, who started laughing and nodded.

"Okay, I agree. You found your partner, music. I knew no one like you could find a good dance partner, but something more like music would be your half. But tell me more, who is this mysterious guy? Do I know him?"

"You might have heard about him...Oh Sehun."

Then the silence ruled in the room as Jongin waited for a reaction, but got nothing. When he looked again at his hyung, he was a rather terrified look on his face and heard as he gulped. "When did you last saw him?"

The young dancer's eyes widened and immediately grabbed his hyung's shoulders, shaking him "Why? Did anything happen to him?! Please tell me, What happened?" In an attempt to calm his dongsaeng, Taemin grabbed his hands softly and pushed them away from him.

"He is fine now, from what I know, but I heard he has some enemies around the music department. I think he kinda got bullied two nights ago."

Two nights ago was when they last saw each other. Kai rushed out of the room and ran down the hallways hearing a shout of his name from his hyung, but he didn't stop. He ran as fast as he could to the music department, dashing through the main doors and looking around for the violin room, panting heavily and bumping in almost everyone who was around there. Cursing under his breath as he kept searching and looking for the damn room, he finally heard a familiar sound calming his racing heart and making him follow the music, entering the room slowly and watching the glowing figure who was playing the wonderful instrument. His delicate lines drew the perfect figure, his eyes closed were being guarded by the nicely curved eyelashes, the dancer's gaze moving to the soft line of his nose down to those thin lips, the pinkish tinge over them. A complete delight to his eyes, but then the younger frowned and stopped playing, placing his violin in its case, whimpering painfully and that was Kai saw: that expression which broke his heart, the sleeping bags under his eyes and the exhaustion being read over his face. He rushed to his side and wrapped an arm around his waist, helping his stand on his own feet.

"We should stop meeting like this." he chuckled and helped the shocked Sehun sit down on a chair. 

"What are you doing here?" he asked surprised as his expression lightly lit up and smiled softly.

"Came to see you. I heard you had an encounter that night when...you know..." he smirked subtly as Sehun blushed and looked away, gulping. "Well?"

"It was nothing, really." Sehun faked a smile, but didn't dare look back at the dancer as he knew he couldn't face someone while he was lying.

"Sehun...please tell me the truth" he reached his hand out and lightly touched the violinist's shoulder, making him flinch and pull away immediately a loud whimper leaving his lips as he placed his own hand over his shoulder. The dancer immediately reacted and got close, his hand over the younger's hoodie wanting to take it off. "Show me what did they do to you?!" he raised his voice making Sehun flinch more and gulp as he turned his head away. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, forgive me..." Kai whispered as his arms wrapped around the other's torso and gently hugged him at his chest.

"I didn't saw their faces..they were wearing masks...the pushed my right shoulder against a wall and hit me with a steel bar repeatedly...I couldn't sleep because of the pain these days, but I am better now... I... just went to the doctor and he said I shouldn't do too much effort...They are doing it because of the solo contest at the end of the year."

A silent atmosphere covered both of their bodies with a comfortable warmth, Kai feeling the younger's fingers clenching in his shirt. "Then don't participate in that solo ."

"That is crazy!" Sehun immediately pushed him away. "I need to, I have to, I WANT TO!" he screamed as he looked menacing at the dancer. He couldn't believe that the one in front of him, the one who understood him was telling him that.

"Hey hey..chill..." Kai whispered and knelt in front of the other, smiling softly. "Participate in the pair section."

"But I need a partner for that..." he sighed and looked away, then widened his eyes, looking back at Kai. "Do you mean..."

"Come on, we can do it. I am sure we will be perfect up there, right?" he smirked as he gently touched the musician's cheek as their lips made contact, Sehun wrapping his arms around the other's neck and pressing his lips back against the soft and plump once.

"My pleasure" he whispered against those soft lips and softly on the upper one, when he heard the door opening and pulled again, blushing deeply, Kai turning immediately around and cursing under his breath.

"Sehunnie!" a gentle voice echoed in the room as a blond rushed towards the violinist and hugged him tightly, Kai watching them with an angry expression in his eyes, glaring at the one who seemed to not be younger than both of them, but he had heard of that one, the singer with an angelic voice, Luhan. Transferred student from China who had a lot of friends and who had a rather for violin, especially for the violinist, particularly this one. Kai's fury made him clench his fist tightly especially when his dear person offered the other that warm and gentle smile, that kind expression and caressed his cheek slowly, those wonderful fingers moving on the other's face when they shouldn't even touch anyone, but him. He wanted those hands just for him, for his music, for no one else. Yes, he was possessive, especially with the most important persons in his life at that moment.

"What happened? I heard you were attacked! Are you okay? Please tell me if you need anything, did you go to the doctor, let me see your shoulder, please." the oldest pleaded as he made the violinist chuckle and Kai thought he was about to break down.

"I am okay, hyung, don't worry. It's nothing." he smiled softly and got up along with the other and looked at Kai. "Ah, by the way, this is Kim Jongin. I think you've heard of him." the other added as Kai was watching them blankly, a cold stare in his eyes, the same icy look he had everyday when he was alone. Sehun was surprised to see his expression since a couple of moment ago he was so warm. 

Luhan reached his hand out and smiled brightly "Luhan. Nice to meet you! I've heard a lot about you." he chuckled, but was left staying with his arm in the air, until the dancer finally decided to shake it slowly,but kept staring him down with his intense glare. "Nice to meet you too." he answered on a harsh tone, obviously lying, moving his eyes towards Sehun and blinking them shut.

"Hunnie! Let's go grab a coffee, we have a lot to talk about!" the older said, deciding not to get too much involved with the dancer, but Sehun kept on looking at his partner, gulping, then turning his head to the other.

"Well."

"I still have things to talk to you about, Sehun" Kai's voice echoed on a slightly louder tone and glared at him, sinking his hands in his pockets, immediately widening his eyes as he heard that wonderful yet annoying voice say:

"Can't I have him for a couple of hours? I have some important news for him." the other smiled widely, obviously wanting to piss him off and Kai tilted his head towards Sehun waiting for an answer, but he got nothing.

"Excuse me then." he said and walked passed through the two, tilting his head for a second towards Sehun, flashing him a rather hurt look, then walked forward. Sehun widened his eyes and looked back at the dancer as his body was furthering, gulping and not knowing what to say especially after he saw that expression and when his hyung kept tugging on his arm to go with him. 

As soon as he walked out the door, Kai bumped into Taemin, looking at him as his hyung watched him curious. "OH COME ON TELL ME, MAN!"

"I am pissed. I would rather die than talk about this, hyung" he almost spat the words as he walked away from his hyung and from the music department, slamming the doors and going to his own private room. Stumble, crumple, fall and crawl. Kai's mind was full of that intoxicating smile, that sweetness and that cuteness, the chemistry between the two couldn't be denied, but he hated it. It was as if they fitted so well together and Sehun, he kept his mouth shut, he...felt so betrayed. So betrayed and having seen the back of the others again. He couldn't concentrate on his dance at all so he decided to ditch the dance practices as well, excusing himself for the professors on the pleadge that he had problems with his waist. He rushed between the others and went outside the building, his eyes in the ground, hearing a faint call of his name, he knew who is was, but he ignored it and started running, jogging until he got home. The air blowing against his face felt so warm, yet there was a hole in his chest and he hated it. Getting attached easily to others and feeling like ths. He should stop it, but Sehun was the only exception. He thought he was different and understood his art, his music, his dance, together as one. Yet for him friendship, relationships were more important. 

Being alone in this world can destroy you. Being lonely is even more destructive. To have a lot of people around you and still feel lonely is horrible. How the insecurity creeps in your mind is torturing. How the cold gets in your bones and makes you shiver. How every thought echoes in your head and you can't find peace anymore. Lonely is actually more scary than ever being alone. Not having anyone by your side, but still being happy is good, that is what alone means sometimes, not having anyone by your side, but not necessarily feeling lonely. 

And our character right now knew how both feeling alone and lonely felt like which was painful. As he dropped his backpack at the door, he went in the living room and immediately plopped on the couch, feeling the coziness covering his face and body, slowly drifting into a deep and long sleep. His body was tired, his mind was exhausted, his head felt heavy along with his own organism and he needed a break. He had to stop thinking and analyze the whole situation for the thousand time. Even if he cared so much for Sehun, even if they shared similar experiences, even if they kissed...maybe for the younger it didn't mean that much. A lot of people liked to play, but he really hoped Sehun was different. He seemed so different and understanding, but was it so? His heart cried for understanding, but he couldn't find it. At least not in that place.

Five hours later a soft whimper echoed in the living room as he frowned deeply and slowly got up from the couch, rubbing his eyes. He bumped into the table as he still kept his eyes closed and whimpered again, cursing as he found it so hard to open his eyes. He walked with his almost closed eyes towards his room, deciding to sleep again, but when he turned his head towards the window and he saw the bright moonlight. Slowly his eyelids uncovered his iris, his face being bathed in the delicate light. Moon...people, important, special people are usually compared to the sun, but he always liked to think of his special persons as moons. The moon guides you through the night, makes you find your way in the dark and cold, whereas the sun only shines so bright that you are left in a second place. Sehun was his moon. Sehun. 

Sehun.

He looked at the clock and it was almost midnight. Maybe he was still in the institute, he thought and chuckled lowly, then he stopped and stared terrified at the wall. Maybe he will be attacked again. Without thinking twice he rushed to the door adn got his shoes on, dashing outside and runing as fast as he could back to the institute. He hoped that Sehun was home, he wished there wasn't anyone there waiting for him. He just wanted his special person to be okay, he still needed his moon to guide his way into music and art. He needed him more than ever before now when his heart was racing so fastly in his rig cage.

He looked around the whole place when he arrived there and plopped exhausted on the hallway, catching his breath, panting heavily. He made a mental note to ask for Sehun's number as soon as they got to see each other again.It would have been way easier that way, right? As he got up and slowly walked outside the building, he now breathing almost regularly, but felt his side hurting badly, his injuried having not healed yet. He made a lot of effort. He sat on one of the benches and looked up at the sky. He slowly closed his eyes and laid on the bench, sighing. He actually missed that smile...that porcelain skin...those wonderful contoured eyes...those lips. He missed kissing him, even if it was just for a moment, he felt as if he knew him for life.  He just wanted Sehun there, to hold him tightly in his arms. 

"Jongin?" the voice echoed in the night and the dancer smiled thinking a miracle occurred. Was it even possible for the violinist to be there?

They say that if you really wish for something and you think of that something all the time, it will eventually happen. Become reality. It seemed so crazy, but at that moment, Kai really thought a great power like that existed. He opened his eyes slowly, tilting his head towards the wonderful silhouette in the night, moving closer to him. How he loved those curves being contrasted in the background by the moonlight. How he loved that face, that expression, those wonderful hands slowly reaching his face and cupping it. Sehun bent down and looked in his hyung's eyes, sighing softly and closed his own eyes eventually.

"I am sorry, Jongin...It's just that I haven't seen Luhan in a long time and he had news for me, I couldn't reject him, he is my best friend ever since" but Sehun was surprised when the other's lips latched to his own and made him go silent. Their lips collided as whole in a tender and slow motion, Kai's hand touching the younger's cheek and it softly as Sehun leaned more and parted his lips a little more for the other's tongue to pass by. The encounter made their taste go crazy, a bitterness clothed in sweetness just like the chocolate covered black cherries made both of the artists hum in delight.  Pulling back slowly, the dancer stood up and cupped the younger's cheeks, smiling softly at the magnificent sight in front of him.

"Stop it, okay? I don't want to hear anything, I just want to know if you are okay. Are you?" he asked on that soft and sweet tone, making the musician melt in his hand and nod slowly as he returned the warm smile. 

"I am now" the younger asked as Kai chuckled and started walking towards the front gate, pulling his special person along with him. Everything else disappeared. There was no one else, but them in the night and Sehun's chuckle was the tender melody in the background, making Kai's heart laugh as well. "Where are you taking me?" his voice chirped as the dancer looked at him and shrugged.

"The journey is more important than the destination." he replied as he immediately looked up at the sky. A rain dropped touched his cheek and slowly trickled down the curved formed on his face.

"It seems we have a guest. Unexpected" the younger smiled as he also felt a drop on his shoulder. 

They stood still for a couple of moments, their hands holding tightly onto one another, their eyes meeting in an intense, yet warm gaze which was soon to be tamed by the cover of raindrops which were now caressing their bodies breaking the guard of the clothes little by little. Soon the refreshing smell of rain was carried all around them and they couldn't help, but smile as everything became blurry behind the water curtain. Their hearts slowly cooled down and felt at ease after that hectic day. Taking a step towards the dancer, Sehun smiled and brought his free hand to the other's cheek, Kai's arm already wrapped around the slender waist, smirking as the space between them was slowly diminished.

Bodies pressed against each other.

Lips came in contact.

Heartbeats were synchronized.

Eyes closed.

Perfection. 

The heat of the kiss couldn't be cooled by anything, not even by the cold rain trying to stop them, but in fact all it did was to make them feel more as a whole. Tilting his head to a side, Kai pulled the musician closer and soon their lips parted. The fire inside their lungs was waiting to be lit once again. The sweet little sounds of pleasure crashed onto each other in their mouths, their tongues danced sensually and lubriciously with each other as their hands broke the contact, Sehun's arm wrapping around Kai's neck as the dancer's took place on the other's waist. 

"Jongin" Sehun whispered lowly as their kiss broke and he looked in his eyes again, keeping the warm smile on his face. The other just hummed lowly waiting for the one to continue. "Let's get out of here. I don't want us to catch a cold or anything" he started laughing and ran from the other, splashing the water gathered on the streets, not long until the other reacted and followed him, chasing and laughing happily after the own to be his pair. 

'I trust him' was what Jongin thought and truly believed. He really trusted that one person running ahead of him and he wanted to give himself to him completely, he wanted to make the other his. He wanted them to achieve the best and the highest spot in on stage. He wanted to perform again with him and feel complete. More than he was when they were together just doing stupid and silly things. It was just a short rain, a passing by could probably just teasing the youngsters. But will rain always be by their side? Will nature grant them everything as they want? They should never forget that time doesn't stop just for the sake of a moment. Still they ran farther ahead to the future.