Andante

`Find a way`

 

 

Whimpering softly as he felt his fingers aching more than ever before, he rushed towards the bathroom to clean his wound and put on another band aid. He exaggerated again with the practice, playing his violin for more than four hours with less than 10 minutes break once an hour. He felt as if he couldn't express himself well enough through his songs and he was frustrated again, again thinking he is not a whole yet, thinking he needs someone so badly, yet he can't find it. Questions if whether he really is meant to play that instrument crept in the depths of his mind as he slowly wrapped the band aid around his index finger, to stop the bleeding he caused. As he dragged his feet lazily across the corridor, his eyes roamed over the windows and up to the starry sky. That wonderful full moon would always catch his attention and make him stare at it for a couple of minutes, but this time someone would be interrupting the whole riatual. It was near midnight and when he heard a loud scream, he was startled, wondering who else would be there in the middle of the night. He got scared for a second, but then rushed towards the place from where whimpers seemed to become clearer. It was that dance practice room. Widening his eyes, he rushed inside and looked around, seeing the brunet laying on the floor and slightly writhing in pain as the cause seemed to be his waist. Sehun hurried to his side and knelt down, looking at him worriedly and lightly touched his shoulder, making the dancer, grab his wrist and look in his eyes.

“Easy, I just want to help you. Where does it hurt?” Sehun asked with the same worried look in his eyes, Jongin widening his own when he saw him there, at that hour and in that place.

He whimpered again as he tried to get up, but ended up letting out a loud frustrated groan again, a stabbing pain hitting his waist again as he gripped lightly on the other's wrist, making him froze on the spot, not knowing what exactly to do.

“The waist” he answered as he panted heavily and looked at the violinist, seeing his terrified look. “Keep calm...It's not the first time.” he chuckled bitterly as a drop of sweat, trickled down his forehead, the musician not being able to calm a bit.

“I'll help you stand up, okay?” the younger said as he pulled the other's arm over his shoulder and in the gentlest way, moved his hand across his waist, barely touching it. Kai nodded slowly as he pushed his other arm against the floor and brought his knees closer, pushing up. Sehun moved his hand upper on his torso and pulled him up, being careful with every move not to hurt him more, then walked with him to the nearest chair, helping him sit down. Sehun immediately bent down on his knees and watched the other as he slightly relaxed and rolled his head back.

“Thank you” he whispered lowly and looked at the still worried musician, his hand running through the other's hair and chuckling softly.

“Do you want me to call the ambulance? Those sounds you were making earlier make me think it's a really big problem. Why don't you take care of yourself properly, you need your body for the dances you perform, It's really important to be careful and take caution.” he kept on rambling without stop, making the dancer widen his eyes, the burst out laughing.

“Sehunnie, you are so funny!” he mouthed between his airy laughter as he pointed to the violinist fingers, his own gently moving over them and taking the wonderful white silky hand in his own, making Sehun's spine experience a cold shiver creeping up his spine. “What about this wonderful hands? You torture them so much, when you should treat them like your most precious.” he talked, almost in a whisper, moving his gaze to the doe-eyed boy.

That tensioned silence pressed again the space between them, the younger not knowing what to say or do anymore, not being able to voice anything since the other was staring him down, trying to intimidate him and he managed to do that quite easily.

As their palms pressed against each other, Kai thought of taking a step forward and their fingers laces softly, Sehun finally breaking their eye contact and sliding his view to their hands, a soft smile tugging at his lips when he saw the contrast between their skin colour, but loving how they really seemed to complete each other from each point of view.

“Probably because we both pull out the best out of us and they have to suffer, my hands...your body.” he said as he raised his eyes again towards the one, who now was feeling at ease, smiling back brightly to the one who appeared out of the blue and helped him.

“Why aren't you going home to practice? I mean you can play the violin at your place since it's not like you need a whole room like this to let go of yourself and dance as I need.” he chuckled and saw Sehun pocking his tongue out, finding it cuter that he thought it would be. As a result, the younger, flicked the other's forehead and got up, breaking their hands apart and making a pirouette. “Maybe I dance as well” he grinned widely as Kai laughed and watched him carefully, following every move of his hands and legs. “Maybe not” he continued as he took another step back and bowed to the dancer. “I feel like this is my home, not my house where everyone is busy and they run from one place to another, yet they are never there. It's feel somehow empty, even if it's full, it's lonely having so many by your side, yet feeling this big hollow in your chest” he spoke, keeping a smile plastered to his face though. “Here, everything is calm, warm, welcoming, I feel like I belong here. That is why I do most of the things here.”

Jongin listened to him, blinking slowly and linked his fingers together, tilting his head slightly, teeth grazing over his lower lip as he understood the other so well he would be surprised.

“I understand.” the words slipped his mouth as Sehun plopped on the floor and crossed his legs, elbows sustained on his knees as his face rested in his palm

“You do?” the musician asked curious, needles to say he wanted to know how as well.

The dancer nodded slowly as he leaned better on the chair and breathed in deeply.

“I am living on my own in a rented apartment, so I can't really say I understand how it is at your place, but I know what you mean when you say you feel like this place is your home. It feels like the most dear person and place to me and I want to do all the work and stay here permanently, but, unfortunately, I do have to go home and sleep, clean around, eat and so on. At home is nice as well. When I do have time I read a book now and then and I play with my neighbour's cat when I sit on the bench outside at night, stargazing. I like to stargaze once in a while, when I feel alone in that apartment. And that damn cat always appears. At first I didn't like it at all. She was clingy as , I mean sitting on my lap, purring and brushing itself all over me. The truth was I wasn't used to having someone so close to me, especially so affectionate or craving for affection like a beggar. Then I got used and we are like good friends.” He stopped and watched the other as his eyes have been pinned to the starry sky, instead of the listener. Sehun smiling widely all the time as he listened to the other talking. “Sorry, I got carried away. Sorry if I got boring, God, my life is boring beside the performances” he laughed bitterly as Sehun didn't say anything and kept watching him silently only an airy chuckled escaping his lips.

“I find it lovely.” he replied after a while. “At least you have that nice kitten, right? I would like to have someone or something like that” he laughed lowly and laid down on the floor, breathing slowly. “Tell me more about it. I like your voice, it's soothing and the words coming out in this place seem to echo and create a nice music.” Sehun said on the same low tone as the other, closing his eyes.

“Fine, but you will tell me more about you as well.” the dancer said as he crossed his legs, brought his arms at his chest, crossing them as well, thinking of what to say. “I came here when I was nine years old. My parents had a car accident while they came back from a vacation. I called them because my aunt left me alone for an hour and I had a headache. I called them thinking they are close by, I called them because I missed them and I told them I wished they were there by my side. I called out for them and they wanted to come back to their child, but they never reached him. I waited for them the whole night. I waited for my aunt as well. She came in the morning with her swollen eyes and said mom and dad had gone on a long trip. They told me the same thing when grandpa died and I knew I'd never see them again. I called out for them from the bottom of my lungs, I screamed and yelled, I hoped my voice would reach them, I hoped that a miracle would happen and God wouldn't take them away. However, it didn't. After that my aunt took me under her wing and brought me here. I stopped going to school for a year. I stopped talking for a couple of months. I just stood in my room and looked out the window hoping maybe my parents would come someday, but I knew very well they wouldn't. After a period I started going out and I stood in the park watching the other children with their parents, watched the nature, the wind, felt it and saw the rays of lays moving through the ritual of leaves. I just enjoyed the simple things, trying to forget. Until I saw this awesome dance performance of a couple, a boy and a girl, displaying exactly what I had been feeling until then, sorrow, sadness. The performance was just flawless and made me cry. Soft and pure tears because my heart was finally happy. I finally accepted that I had to take a step forward and turn the page. As a child I didn't understand that feeling at that time, but now I do. It was the moment I understood dance would help me and would be the best way to express myself. Ever since I've been taking lessons. My aunt let go of me five years later when I told her I would move out and live on my own. I went to school and had a part time. I still do, I guess, but my life slowly became better. ” the dancer finished as he felt his voice getting huskier and a tear starting to dry off his face from when he talked about his parents.

“I am so sorry, you must have suffered a lot because of that loss, but I guess you already made a peace in your heart that it wasn't your fault...It happened, you mustn't blame yourself.” Sehun said as his own tears were rolling down his temple, feeling the other's pain through his words, but he didnt get up, letting the tears stream down continuously. Why do some people need to suffer so much? But if he hadn't...he wouldn't even be there or dance or he wouldn't have met him. He was grateful faith brought them together somehow.

“I...used to be very sick as a child. Somehow my stomach used to be really sensitive and I had to take care not too overdo with food and sweets. Of course as a kid it was impossible, especially when my sister always teased me and my parents bought all those delicious sweets. Yeah...mom and dad were always busy, they visited me rarely at the hospital when I would end up there. They would hospitalize me, but a nurse always had to take me out in the garden for like at least 3 hours per day. Haha. I would really stress them a looooot, but they enjoyed a stupid and silly kid like me.. They were happy when another kid came in and I made a friend. I made a friend and he was 3 years older than me. At that time I was about 7 or 8 years old. He kept meeting for the next two years, even outside the hospital. He was poor and I used to steal money and food from my place along with my sister and give it to him. He ended up being my sister's first boyfriend. They were the same age though and when I turned 10, he gave me a gift. His violin. He said that violin was his most precious thing, but he would give it to his most precious friend who had been by his side for all those years. It used to be his grandfather's, but he didn't want to play it, so he thought it would fit me better. I started playing it and I was really happy. All those rasping sounds were just a torture for any listener, but I fell in love with it. Unfortunately he left us. I haven't heard from him ever since He moved with his family or something. He left me and my sister all alone. She suffered at first, but then they started talking on the phone, after he apologized for everything. Their relationship started to get loose and one day everything faded...no more phone calls from either of them and my sister just stopped looking for him. I, on the other side, never talked to him after he left. I preferred to keep his memory alive in the strings. Faith or not...My sister went to another city to study and there she found out about a wonderful boy who used to help everyone, but who with time, blinded. He had a problems with his eyes ever since he was a child, but I never saw him with his patches and bandages on when he was at the hospital. Probably because he didn't go out when he had them on, who knows...Somehow, faith brought him and my sister back together. I visit them from time to time and I sing for him. He still can't believe I managed to play the instrument he gave me long ago. He still can't believe that I became so good. He still can't believe he is back with my sister who he loves so much. But even if believed these...he still can't see.” Sehun whispered and got up, reaching his hands out to his toes, stretching, sighing and looking at the dancer who watched him with attention and a caring feeling giving off from his look. “The most hurtful thing is that he wanted to become a painter. He was great, but life took away his only pleasure. Everything that keeps him here is my sister, fortunately or unfortunately. I still don't know if it's a good thing or not.”

Kai's expression suddenly changed hearing the last sentences and gulped, slowly getting up and walking to the other, trying to sit down by his side in the slowest motion, so he didn't engage the pain again.

“Sehunnie, you should be happy you have so many special persons in your life. Especially the one who pushed you on this path of music” he smiled widely and ruffled the younger's hair lightly.

“I know, I am thankful for having them and I hope the day when they will disappear physically is just... far..far...far away from tomorrow.” he smiled, looking at the other and leaning on his touch as the dancer kept playing with his hair softly.

“I'd like to stay here all night long. Sincerely. And just talk...tell me more, Jongin...”

“Hmm, well.. I like jazz music. But I find it..sensual as well.”

“Well, it's kind of expected for a sensualist.” Sehun chuckled as he leans his head on the other's shoulder, the dancer gently smiling as he felt the warmness between then.

“That's how you call me?”

“That is how everyone knows you. But I think so too, it fits you and your moves, the facial expression sometimes as well. Plus, you are well known for that smirk of yours” he chuckled and tapped his fingers lowly on the wooden floor as Kai watched the other with a bright smile, smiling foolishly and sighing in contentment. “But hearing you...seeing you dance and express yourself...and now...you know, even if I don't see you, I know you are smiling, right?”

“How do you know?” the dancer asked as he leaned more towards the other, his nose slowly moving over the strands of hair, taking in the musky scent, smirking and moving his eyes down the other's jawline, ending up by grazing his teeth over his lower lip.

“I felt the warmth in your smile and I know you are not just a heartless sensualist. Or maybe I am mistaken. You tell me.” Sehun said as he slowly raised his head from the other's shoulder, looking in his eyes and seeing that intense glare, almost devouring him alive. However under that dim moonlight, Sehun's features truly seemed to glow. That porcelain skin, the wonderful drawn eyes, those perfectly contoured lips, his attractive feature in addition with the messy hair, made Jongin's eyes stare so deeply in the other's and lean forward. Sehun's eyelids slowly fell, shutting when he felt the other's breath crashing on his face, onto his skin making a shiver travel throughout his body again. The hot air rippling up Kai's throat escaped through his own full lips, moving across the other's cheek to his ear, while his hand moved up the older's neck, finger getting lost in the strands of hair from the back.

“Can you feel the warmth Sehunnie? Even now...when we don't perform. Your voice is my haven, just like the music. Your face is the one I want to see. I don't know if it's just a game for you, but for me it isn't. I will let you feel all those words you said. They are true.” the dancer spoke on a low and seductive tone, almost everything as a whisper, tenderly telling the other so he took in everything slowly and felt it. Their lips met and the next second all they could think of was completeness. Lingering for a moment on each other's lips, Jongin slowly tilted his head, a small smiled present on his lips, Sehun feeling it and smiling back as their soft lips synchronized in their caresses. The violinist brought one of his hands to the other's side, slowly moving it up to his shoulder and sliding up along it to meet the neck line. In the tenderest manner his fingertips glided up, his thumb Kai's cheekbone. While their lips parted to permit their hot muscles to meet, Sehun tilted his head to a side, fitting his mouth to the other perfectly, wondering how was it possible to suite each other so well. Soon he could savor the other's taste, slightly bittersweet, slightly refreshing, calming, welcoming, tongues massaging each other as Sehun was slowly running out of air, but didn't want to part away from that kiss he was experiencing at a different level from others before.

Jongin's tongue swirled around the other's, pulling his own back as his lips caught the invited hot muscle for a soft le, then broke the kiss for his lips to move down the white neck, feel the sensation it left in his mouth, on his tongue. His fingers locked with the caramel hair and tugged back at it, Sehun conforming to the other's request, tilting his head back and allowing him more access to his neck, a low and airy moan rippling through a wave of pleasure which ran from the bottom of his lungs right out his mouth. Fingers clenched in the other's shirt as he felt those sharp teeth sinking in his flesh and biting hard, at the base of his neck, causing him to moan again.

“I never felt as complete as I feel when I am with you.” Sehun mumbled, gulping down another moan which threatened to leave his lips, when Kai pulled away and looked in the eyes full of lust, yet affection at the same time. He looked in his eyes warmly trying to make him understand that he felt the same way and Sehun did very well. Resting his forehead on the other's, Sehun wrapped his arms around his neck as Kai's s around his waist and pulled him closer. The younger pushed him down on the floor and chuckled as the dancer rolled on the floor, hugging him tightly and laughing.

“Let's do this more often” Sehun chuckled against the other's neck and snuggled at his chest more.

“My whole pleasure.”

 

They felt somewhere deep inside in their hearts that they were becoming each other haven. The feeling of belonging they found in each other's talent and in each other's arms couldn't be described by some words, which were useless when it came to them. They were perfect for each other, they understood each other and the attraction between then seemed to break any walls that they built throughout the years. But was it all that simple, were they really so open-minded about receiving a stranger in their life just because their hearts desired it? Sometimes mind clouds our true passion...is it the same with artists? The non-conformists who are supposed to do only what their heart desires? Maybe ... maybe not. There if there a will, there is always a way.