Heartbreaker, Dream Maker

Flower Boy's Feelings

MinHyuk's POV

"Minhyuk, are you sure you're alright?" Yonghwa-hyung asked me after I told him about my recent breakup.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Sort of." Hearing that, Yonghwa took out his guitar and played for me a song. I didn't really listen to it, but I knew it was a sweet song. Instead I studied Yong's face and his eyes and my heart felt content. 

I never thought I would feel those horrible feelings of a destroyed love again, since CNBLUE came into my life.

I was wrong.


"Yo, Minhyuk! Time to get ready for our performance," Jonghyun, the leader called me. I put on my scarf, since it was winter, and twirled my drumsticks. I don't know why I always do that, but it made me feel cool.

There were a lot of fangirls. The fangirls had been doubling by each week, I don't know why. Well I guess I do know why, but I'm just shaking the nagging feeling from my head. "I've got to concentrate." I told myself. CNBlue was performing, "Ready N Go" which was written by the four of us. It was fun, I guess, and saved for nights when the bar was crowded with people. 

We got through the song smoothly, and everyone applauded us. I could hear a couple girls screaming "Yonghwa-oppa!". Typical. That's our Yong, always loved by the girls. When we got inside our private dressing room, Yonghwa told us, "Everyone, I'm going to introduce you to a very special person today. I'll be right back." 

Jungshin and Jonghyun exchanged glances. "Do you know who it is Minhyuk?" I shook my head. I had a bad feeling about it, but maybe we were just being recruited by an entertainment company. Best not to think so pessimistic. We started betting on who it would be, whether the person would be male or female. It was pretty funny because we started wondering if Yonghwa had a bathroom accident or something because he was taking so long. 

"What if its a guitar? We would be so disappointed," Jungshin commented as we all laughed. Sometimes Yonghwa had an obsession with guitars and liked to speak of it as a person. Then the door suddenly opened. My heart dropped and shattered like glass. I don't know why I felt this way. 

The person Yonghwa wanted to introduce to us was Seohyun from SNSD.  

I could tell the way he looked at her that he admired her. I felt strangely jealous. Wait, jealous.. did I just say jealous? Me? Of Seohyun? My cheeks flushed. I hoped no one could see my shock. 

"Everyone, I'm sure you know, this is Seohyun-ssi." Jungshin and Jonghyun came and clapped Yonghwa on the back, and started asking questions about how he knew her. I felt like I was going to tear up. I felt hurt, or maybe because I was sick? 

"Minhyukkie, are you okay?" Yonghwa asked me concernedly. I thought he could see through my brain. 

"Oh no no.. Nice to meet you Seohyun-ssi. I really got to go guys, I forgot to pick something...do something... I just got to go.." I mumbled as I stepped out of the dressing room. I hurriedly put on my coat, wiped my teary eyes with the sleeve and went out the door. Where was my backpack? I looked around. I didn't want to go back in there again and see them happy together.

There was seriously something WRONG with me today. Maybe it was because the weather is becoming so cold now. I saw my backpack hanging on one of the coat hangers and grabbed it. I need to get out of here, this is making me claustrophobic. I swallowed some more tears and stepped out into the cold wind of the back door of the bar. 

I felt slightly woozy and tired but I swore I heard someone call me. Maybe it was the hyungs, I told them I had something to go to... why won't they listen? 

"YA.. YOU! HEY KID! THAT'S MY BACKPACK." Someone shouted in my ear, and then I saw black. 


Juri's POV

I biked all the way to the front of the bar. Huh.. I wonder if they'd let me in if I wasn't , but I'm here for a performance so whatever. I also caked on makeup, which I never usually do, so I'd look older. I also curled my hair and wore ankle heeled boots so they BETTER let me in. It took about a month for me to reserve a spot here, because the manager was always busy and I had to audition for him. It then took another month to resolve the underage problem, but I ended up paying someone to dress up as my mother and talk to the staff. 

It was freezing today. I wrapped my burgundy coat around me and my legs shivered. The tights made of wool definitely didn't help.  It was only two weeks til Christmas though, so I guess I'm lucky I'm not snowed in, since I sneak out on my bike. 

I knocked on the back door of the bar and the ahjussi acting as security let me in, no questions asked. I must've looked old enough or they should've guessed from my guitar case that I was performing. Some more questions asked and I got myself a seventh spot after an indie band with tons of fangirls and an entertainment agency's rock band. 

Wait..an entertainment. It's barely my first day and a chance like this... this is the day I've been waiting for for the last ten years of my life. To get scouted. I went into a dressing aisle and changed into a blazer and high waisted shorts. I had to look good for the producers that'll hopefully be there. 

"Number 6, LEDApple, next!" A group of really tall guys in high fashioned trench coats walked past the curtains and onto the bar stage. A different group of four guys exited the stage. I heard fangirls scream. So they're the entertainment agency's group? Strange name, "apple". Every band or artist here played an instrument, there were no dance groups, at least here I fit in. The agency's group had an interesting song. I think it was called "Yesterday" because they kept repeating that phrase. 

I tuned my guitar and strummed along to them. "Yeaaah, eah, Yesterday." I could feel several staff members looking at me, hopefully, a producer will hear me. I kept playing until they called "Number 7, Nam Juri." The woman holding the clipboard attached a microphone on me and my guitar and let me through.

My heart thumped in my chest and I stepped out onto the stage. There was applause and I sat down on the stool. "Annyong haseo, everyone. I'm Nam Juri, today I'll be playing 'Noona Neomu Yeppeo' by SHINee. Please enjoy!" I heard more applause since lately that song had been number one on the Gaon chart. 

When I began to play, everything relaxed. "Replay, replay, replay~~" I sang through the chorus. It was a good first performance, and applause followed. I heard someone scream "Unnie neomu yeppeo!" I smiled and waved in their direction. 

I hurriedly looked at my watch and took off the microphones. Now I've got to get home.. I can't risk getting snowed in or cornered by some creepy gangsters on my way back. Now where was my backpack? Oh right, the coat hanger. I put on my coat and pulled on my wool tights. Then I saw that guy from the four member indie band..if I was correct walk towards me. He looked upset. 

Oh wells, no time to care for others. I've got to bail. I reached down, took my guitar case, and was about to reach for my leather backpack. A slim, pale hand grabbed it before me and walked out the door. Was this theft in the making? 

It was the back of that upset-looking guy. He must be out of his mind, or he thought my backpack was his. Seriously, he's going to get on the bad side of me. If I get caught going home... 

"Hey Minhyuk! You forgot your backpack!" A shaggy haired guy holding a guitar case came running out with an identical backpack like mine. 

I hurriedly grabbed it. "I'll take it from here, thanks." 

I belted from the top of my lungs, "YA.. YOU! YOU HAVE MY BACKPACK!" I caught up to him and screamed it in his ear. That'll get him to get to his senses. 

And then some guy I barely knew fainted in my arms.