Screw the Readers!

Screw the Readers!

Note: :"D The boys will appear soon (coughnextchaptercough).  /flail~~~

 

Chapter 3: Writing is a serious business.   

Park Jinah’s POV
 

“Good morning~” I greeted as I sneak into the kitchen, hoping to find something tasty upon seeing Yejin.
 

Yejin looked up from the dishes, “it’s 2, silly.”
 

“It’s morning when I wake up.” I stuck my tongue at her. She shook her head a bit and smiled, “silly girl,” then went about scrubbing dishes.
 

I rubbed my growling stomach.
 

“There’s some porridge in the fridge.” Yejin said as she dried her hands.
 

I pouted, “Porridge again?”
 

“It’s healthy~” Yejin smiled and petted my head before walking out. “Oh! I won’t be home for dinner tonight.” Yejin slipped on her favorite pair of pumps.
 

“Ah~~~~~” I cooed, “Important date?”
 

“Neh, with Daehyun oppa.” She beamed. Who? “I’ll talk to you later~ remember to lock the door if you go out.” She gave me the sweetest smile before leaving.
 

Oh, Yejin. Oh, Yejin. I thought as I shook my head.
 

If there’s one thing you must know about Lee Yejin, it’s that she’s a devil in disguise! Just kidding. She is probably the sweetest girl you’ll ever meet. Not to mention, she has the cutest aegyo voice! (Wow, describing my friends has officially make me sound like a lesbo. Not that I have any problem with gays, bis, or whatever your ual orientation is… it’s just that—forget it.) Yejin has an unhealthy obsession with heels (I think it’s because she’s 5’2” and she needs it.  HEHEHEHES. Jk!!) And that’s one of the main reasons why she’s working for my family. The only flaw about her is that… she’s never serious with relationships. She changes boyfriend so frequently, I can’t even keep up who’s who. Like just now…. Who the hell is Daekyun? Daeseung? Daehyung? Oh well, thanks to her, I get a lot of inspirations for my fanfics! So, it’s all good.
 

Hold up… Did I make her sound bad? .. I hope not, because that’s not my point.
 

I heated up a bowl of porridge and walked back into my room. I got some major business to do— write.
 

I plopped down on my chair and let me fingers dance away. Yes, dance. I am so poetic.
 

After an hour of intense typing, I headed over to Asianfanfics to check on my one-shot again. YES! I almost screamed when I saw the “new comments” alert. Awwyeah, baby. Who’s good? Me.
 

I feel so warm inside, ahhh this is pure happiness! I squealed.
 

Shinhwafanboy4ever say:

            That was a refreshing one-shot! Keep it up~
 

It’s him again. Ahhhh, he doesn’t know how much his comments and encouragements make my day!! “Shinhwafanboy4ever,” is the one and only one loyal subscriber and reader I have in my nine year long writing career. I think he started following me on my third fanfic? I don’t really remember.
 

I am just super thankful for his existence. He is always the first to comment (if not only person to) on my stories. Always reminding me that there’s someone that cared about the “crap” I wrote. If I knew him in real life, I would shower him with hugs and lots of love!
 

This boy.
 

I stared at the screen and faked a few sobs of gratitude. Touching the screen with the tips of my fingers, I whispered, “I love you, my fanboy.
 

Don’t judge. I told you I like to be dramatic.
 

Talking about this whole writing hobby. I picked it up nine years back when I was ten years old.  It all began from my crazy obsession over Lee Minwoo from Shinhwa. Ah, childhood at its best…fantasies of me being Minwoo’s wife. Jk. I have a life outside of fanfiction too! You just don’t know…
 

Sorry, I digress. After my fandom died for Shinhwa, I just used the trending kpop idol for my fanfics. I wasn’t a hardcore fan of anyone anymore. I mean, of course, sometimes I jumped onto the bandwagon...but mostly, I just wanted my stories to get through—but I guess not… Sigh. It’s okay. One day, I’ll conquer!!
 

Oh, since I am on this topic. There’s this one author I despise. Loathe. Hate with my guts.
 

Its username is “withoutyou.” Sorry, whoever you are. I am resorting to call you ‘it,’ because you tick me off and I don’t want to be polite with you. Okay?
 

I don’t dislike it because its stories always get featured and spazzed about. I don’t hate it because it has a bajillion comments, readers, and views. Well, maybe a bit. But the real reason… goes way back, back to nine years ago to be exact. I can still recall the incident with vivid details. 


I had gathered up all my courage to post my first fanfic featuring Minwoo and an original character. Why is this relevant? Hold your horses. I found out that person happened to started its writing career too. And its first story featured the same casting: Minwoo and an OC. How is this relevant? Well, I started reading its story. And when did, I thought the female lead was an exact replica of who am I. Hell, I didn’t care. It was better for me, since I can easily fit myself into her shoes.
 

The drama starts here. Because I wrote my fanfic based on myself, then of course, my ing character will closely resemble me! When I reached chapter 10? 20? of the fanfic, I received a comment from “withouyou” saying--- let me quote it for you, I still have it in the back of my head, “Wow, your fanfic is almost like mine! Awesome! I am looking forward to your updates!!!
 

Wow, I was utterly speechless. I thought it meant good until I read the following comments after that.
 

“, why are you plagiarizing?! Look at the mirror, thinking you can be all cool and that.”

“You know it’s rude to copy right?”

“You are so ugly. Gtfo.”

“You must be fat and ugly, . No life”

“How original. I bet all you do is copy people, huh?”

 

I lied when I said I was never popular. Because after “it” has commented on my story, I was flooded with hundreds and hundreds of anonymous hate messages. (My fanfic was on Winglin back then. Thank god for AF being anonymous safe.)
 

My weak ten years old heart couldn’t handle that! I remember how those tears stung my eyes and how my world crashed. Maybe I exaggerated a bit, but that was the first time I was exposed to how cruel this world--- the cyber world can be.  The worst part was having to apologize repeatedly and explaining myself to people who don’t even care! In the end, I was forced to delete the fanfic and yeah… I don’t understand how people can get so mean! I wasn’t even copying!! If anything, it copied me!
 

Sorry, I sidetracked again. That’s only part of the reason why I am mad. The other part? I disliked how “it” can just leave me to handle the mess by myself. I thought “it” would have some decency to step up and help clarify that it was all a misunderstanding! But nope, I was just left there hanging by myself, on a thin- rope over a boiling pot. 
 

Ugh! How rude. Even to this day, I don’t know if “its” comment was a sincere compliment or merely mockery. I side with the latter, because I just do. Whatever. I stopped reading its stories, but whenever I see its username, my blood can’t help but boil a bit. Call me out for not having a big heart to forgive, but ugh!!
 

Oh…you know what else makes me mad? Whenever I post up a new fanfic, “it” happens to post up a new fanfic with the same kpop group. I honestly don’t know if it’s because I use the trending group or that bastard is still mocking me up to this day. Whatever.
 

I let out a sigh before going back to my word document. All is past. I calmed myself as I gave my new fanfic one last revision before publishing it.
 

Title: Oppa, Saranghae!
Author: moderndayshakespeare 

Foreword

She quickly hid behind the cracked walls, holding her breath as she watched her “oppa” with twinkling eyes. “Unf,” she lets out as she watch him run his hand through his hair in frustration. His furrowed brows make him look so much manlier, she thought. Unconsciously, she started inching closer to him… Ah, only if she can touch that sweaty face..she thought. As a predator approach its prey, she sneakily—carefully tip toed closer. The next thing she knew, a loud, bombing loud, crinkle sound escaped below her foot. HOLY ! She clasped as if that’ll muffle the sound from reaching“Oppa’s” ears. And in the speed of light, she seeped into the shadows. Oppa must not know. Oppa must not know, she repeated. After a minute or two, she slyly stuck her head out and snatched a peek of Oppa. Whew, she released a sigh of relieve when she saw him completely unalarmed. Ah…those furrowed brows, so y. Ah…those soft lips. Patting her chest, she mentally cursed herself for being such a klutz*. She was a breath away from getting caught by her oppa! What will she do if she was?! She pounded her head lightly with her balled up fist. Babo, babo. She repeated, continued hitting herself, completely oblivious to the fact that her Oppa was walking towards her.

*klutz: clumsy person

 

After rereading my foreword, I have forgotten all about “it” and the incident. Muwhahahahas, I am a genius for coming up with such plot! I praised myself. Yeah, I do that a lot. Because self confidence is the way to go, right?
 

I hastily clicked post and waited for the comments. Watch them roll in like a buffalo--- harharhar.