Screw the Readers!

Screw the Readers!

 

Note: The first few chapters will be in Jinah’s POV, because I need her character to sink into your head. Kekekes. And sorry, it’s going to boring these chapters due to all the background info. Please bear with me. T__T I will try to make the wait worthy with fluffy scenes later. ^__^

 

Chapter 1: It’s time to wake up.
 

Park Jinah’s POV
 

Naega jeil jallaga je-je-jeil jallag | I'm the very best, ve-ve-very best
Bam ratata tatatatata
Bam ratata tatata---

 

Honestly, I love 2NE1 very much but ugh… whenever their voices shatter my morning silence, I can’t help but get super annoyed and vow to burn all the 2NE1 albums I own. And kids, that's how I learn that you should never have your favorite aritst sing your alarm. 
 

If its not the alarm, then who the hell is calling 5 in the morning. I groaned.

 

This better be urgent or I will make this er sorry. My hand blindly reached under my pillow and with an inaudible voice, I tried hard to spit out, “yeoboseyo?” 
 

“Yah! Park Jinah, are you still sleeping?!” Oh… great, “It’s 1 in the afternoon and you’re still sleeping?! Aishhhhh! How can you?! I knew we shouldn’t have agreed to let you move out. Yah! Yah! Are you listening to me?”
 

“Neh,  umma.” I sighed, “I am listening. And no, I am not sleeping, I was just..” I paused as I rolled out of my bed, grabbing the nearby clock to find evidence to prove my mother wrong.
 

“..writing.” I said in defeat. Damn it! It’s in fact one already…
 

“Writing?” She scoffed, “stop playing around, Park Jinah! We agreed to let you move out because you said you wanted to seek independence and focus on your studies. Not to write crap then posting it online for people to laugh at.” She took a breath, “And from what I’ve seen and heard, you have been slacking the whole summer.”
 

Ouch! That hurts, mother! I shot her a glare through the phone. Whatever, I didn’t need her permission or appreciation to do what I like. I will spread my wings and strive for my dream. Hehehes… that was corny, I take it back. I need my parents; they’re the root of my laziness.
 

I took a deep breath before working my charm—rephrasing my words into things my mother wants to hear.
 

“Anniyo, I have been busy this summer…” with writing and sleeping that is… hehehes, “Plus, omma~~” I tried to sound cute, yet defensive, “I finished reviewing the 2008 files that Secretary Choi gave me last week!” Hehehes, props to me for being a fast worker.
 

“Sure, sure.” She sounds convinced already, buwhahahas, “Jinah~…” See, I told you the trick works.
 

“Neh, Umma?” I my laptop as I waited for another one of my mother’s lovely lectures.
 

“Your father and I have been thinking,” Oh no, you guys should not have. And by that tone, I can already tell they’re up to no good, “Your dad insists that it’s time for you to come back to work for the company. You’re in your last two years of uni. and it’s good practice if you come back now. It will be an easier transaction for you when you fully take over your father’s position.”
 

Girl, how about hellllllllllllllllllll to the no. Actually, I am so used to this kind of talk, I have my defense lines all ready.
 

“But umma!!” I sound like a kid, whatever. “You know I have been working hard.” Not really… “I really want to concentrate on my studies!” And I really don’t want to be locked in an enclosed office room. I will ing rot with paper work. “Plus! Plus! School is starting soon!” 
 

“I know, I know.” Umma sided with me, “But you know how your dad is, stubborn and stubborn.”
 

Ugh. That stubborn cow.
 

“Umma, isn’t there any way?” I swear to God. I rather run away and live under a bridge then enter the family business. I know if I start… even if I step 10 meters within the proximity of that building… they’ll lock me in that hell hole. I will never be able to see light--- ever again. I am not ready for that. Not now, at least.
 

“I’m sorry sweetie,” My mom sounded genuinely sorry. She knew how much I hated the responsibilities they insist I take on. But, just my luck for being the only child and just my luck for coming out of her womb. I complain too much…
 

“But,” That word lightened up the situation. Awwwwyeah! I knew umma would save me, “I managed to convince him that as long as you find a job, then any would be fine… so if you really don’t want to come back yet then you better get off your lazy and get a job.” She finished firmly.
 

Wow, what an option. I rolled my eyes. Actually, you know what, that’s a lot better than being force back into a prison.
 

“Thanks! Umma!” I said full heartedly, “You’re the best of the best! THE BEST!” at messing up my perfectly fine life. Just kidding.
 

“Your father and I will be on a business trip for a week,” She announced, “And by the time we get back, you better be employed. Or else, even umma can’t save you from the stubborn cow.” Hahahahhas! Like mother, like daughter.
 

“Araso, araso. When are you guys leaving? Do you want me to drop you guys off at the airport?” I looked over my planner. I have exactly one, two… five days before school starts.. . Oh why now, mother. Why now?!
 

“Anni, just focus on finding a job and Jinah, school’s starting soon. You better keep up your grades. Or else you’ll say goodbye to your allowance.” She threatened.
 

Isn’t that threat getting a bit old?


“Araso, Araso.” This talk was running dull. I busied myself with reading emails as umma continued to ramble on in the background. I responded occasionally with “Araso” or “neh.”


After another 30 minutes or so, she finally said, “Okay. I am going to go now, we’re leaving tonight. I must go get ready. Be good, my troublemaker.” Ewww, who says that. I scrunched my nose.


“Araso~~” I nodded, “Saranghae, umma. Bye bye~”


Ahhhhh, finally! I thought the conversation would never end. Mind you, I love my mother… but let’s just say she can get a bit naggy and annoying. Aren’t all parents like that? Anyway, I am Park Jinah as you might have picked up. I have been living a pretty chill life until right about this second. I guess it’s time to wake up from the delusional life I’ve been living--- being the best fanfic writer and sleeping when I'm not.



… SIKE. I am the best writer. Maybe not…, but I’ll sleep on that thought for a little longer.