Screw the Readers!

Screw the Readers!

 

Note: I’m starting to feel like Jinah, lols. Boring chapters bring no readers. Sighs )’: I’m sorry, but all is important. T.T Please stick with me.

 

Chapter 2: Park Jinah


Park Jinah’s POV


Who am I exactly?
The best fanfic writer on the internet, obviously. Why did you even have to ask?


All jokes aside.


            I am 19 years old and I come from a pretty well off family. (That might be an understatement.) My family is known for our shoe business, which is targeted towards the higher end of the consumers.


            The business covers from designing to marketing. Yeah, yeah—the usual stuff that I have no interest in. If you want the whole story, you should go ask my mom. She will start from the beginning of the beginning with “When your (my) great-great-great-great-great grandpa…” You get the point.


            My parents have been pestering me to work at the office building ever since I can remember! … Ugh, let’s not go there, because I have a feeling if I start ranting, I will never stop.


            Anyway, I declared that I must seek “independence” the day I graduated high school. I somehow managed to convince my parents to let me move out (of course, with the supervision from one of their employees—I will get to that in a bit).


            After my parents and I have settled on some agreements and rules, they instantly found a girl who was two years older than me, who was looking for a housemate and who just so happened to be working under the company. Fishy, I say. But whatever, as long as I can get away from the house—them, the pressure, anything’s good.


            The first week after my graduation, I moved into this cozy apartment complex. The place looked as if it was new… and I could’ve sworn the smell of fresh paint lingered about. Not a problem, because I was sold the minute I walked through the door.


            It has three single bedrooms, two bathrooms, an open kitchen, and a small—but decorative and cute balcony. Ah, this is the life I dreamed of. I have been here for almost three years and still counting. Moving out was definitely one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life.


            Continuing on, I found out the girl, Lee Yejin, who offered me the place, was in fact my mom’s personal assistant. And apparently, my mother loves her—as if she’s her own daughter. No wonder why she trusts me moving in with Yejin. Initially, things were awkward between us. I mean, how can it not be? I was living with a walking spy my parents set up for me! But thankfully, after this one incident, I found out Yejin is way cooler than I expected. One night, we all got super drunk. And that was when Yejin confessed that my parents had asked her to take me in, to convince me to go work at the company, and such. She apologized repeatedly, saying she feels so bad playing such role then continued on to rant about how much she hated being the middle person. I told her it was okay. It really was! That poor child. And from then, we became good friends.


            Anyway, I went on and assumed that my parents got this apartment solely for my “independence” play. Uh! Them sly foxes. But oh well, I am still getting my freedom because their plan of “watching over” me backfired. Yejin is on my side, es! Excuse my language.


            Anyway, oh right. When I said “we all,” I forgot to mention about my other housemate, Kim Minhee (Yejin’s previous roommate and high school best friend). My parents had agreed to let her move in with us (after Yejiin’s persuasion). I am glad they did, because how else would I have met such an awesome person?! When I first saw her, I was a bit intimidated. I mean, who wouldn’t be?! She’s a giant at 5’9”. Okay, giant isn’t quite the right word here. But oh my, I thought I was tall standing at 5’6”. Guess not. And another thing about her.. is her long legs! I find myself having a girl crush on them… as weird as that sounds.. Anyway, she’s the unnie among us three. She loves putting on a tough front, but we all know, she’s a softie inside. As soft as a marshmallow. Hehehes.


            Ah, why the hell did I go on a rambling trip? …Oh right, because my mother told me to get a job which might possibly interfere with my writing career. Hence, I had to go and re-evaluate my whole life and ponder if my existence has any significance. LOL, just kidding! I just like being dramatic. Okay, enough with talking to myself. Time to check on my fanfic.

I clicked onto my page to find nothing but the same old “0 comments,” sign greeting me. Oh great…don’t you readers shower me with love all at once now.

Oh life. T__T I lowered my head in defeat. Sighing a couple of times, I shook my head. You know what? It’s okay! Jinah, it’s okay. T___T

You’ll get featured tomorrow. I slammed my laptop shut and walked out my room.