Puppy Love

Unreal

Song of the chapter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyfG8-Re9AM

Jae Lyn's POV

"Jae, why do you always wear jeans and long-sleeved shirts? I noticed that you dressed this way yesterday also." Key asked as we walked the back streets of Seoul. "Don't you think it's a bit early for you to be addressing me so informally?" "Ohhhh~ come on! You're like my new best friend! It's fine." He said with a bright smile. I just rolled my eyes and smiled lightly. We walked through a small alley way with me leading. I peaked my head through the opening, making sure if was clear. We waited a few minutes for people to get out of the way before I shooed them through the front door of the destination.

hfc1.jpg(just pretend it says K-9 cafe)

Their eyes went wide as a bunch of dogs of all sizes came running our way for lots of love and attention. 'They even attract dogs...' I walked passed them and the dogs and went to find Kae Soo. She was in the kitchen, on her break. She had a bottle of water in her hand and a smile on her face while she was talking to one of the cooks. "Kae Soo!" I called. She looked at me, surprise on her face. She stood up and walked out of the kitchen to me. I looked over at the guys who were sitting at a table, their backs turned to us. Thankfully, there weren't any people in the cafe other than elderly people and a few married couples, so no one really took notice to them. She walked out of the kitchen and I covered her eyes. "Jae Lyn, what are you doing?! What's going on?" "I have a surprise for you." I said leading her to the guys. As you can probably realize, I'm not one to do this type of thing, but it seemed like the perfect opportunity. I looked at the guys and shushed them and they sealed their lips, trying not to giggle. I sat her down in the seat across from them, sitting myself down next to her. "Ready?" I asked. "Yeah, yeah, what could be so important?" I just smiled and rolled my eyes, taking my hand off of her pale beautiful face. She opened her eyes and looked at the guys who were smiling sweetly at her. She opened , in a deep breath, but I covered before she could scream. "Don't make a scene." I whispered in her ear. She let go of the breath in a heavy sigh and I put my hand down. "Why? How? When?! HOW!" "They stalked me.... Actually... He's YOUR stalker." I said pointing non-chalantly at Key, who was holding a puppy in his hands, making googily eyes at it, totally immersed in it's cuteness. "But how?" "Well..." Taemin finally spoke. "Yesterday, I saw her with a bottle of water and I really wanted it and I guess she saw that and she brought me a full bottle and left without a word. It really caught me by surprise that she didn't ask for anything in return. I really wanted to thank her and I saw the address of the dance studio that I guess you both attend, so I decided to go.. Hyung tagged along because he wanted to see you." Taemin said, a bit embarassed. "He really is a stalker." Kae Soo said, giggling, causing Taemin to blush. "I am not!" Taemin pouted, causing me to smile. "She's just... Really mysterious.... It intrigued me." It was my turn to blush and Kae Soo's mouth dropped. She looked at me, wondering my reaction. This was everything that I was against and she knew that. I knew that I was getting myself into something unnecessary with someone out of my league. Where as this whole thing with her and Key, I could see. No one and I mean, NO ONE, could see me with ANY guy, especially the famous idol, Lee Taemin. I was getting more uncomfortable by the whole situation.

I was pulled away from my thoughts when a sudden weight hit my lap. I looked down at an adorable Blue Merle Australian Shepard puppy on my lap, looking up at me. It was really light and it had the most gorgeous dark eyes that I had ever seen.

 

australian_shepherd_puppy.jpg

"Her name is Mia. We found her about a week ago. Poor thing was nearly dead. She's about two months old. They took her yesterday to get her shots and get her fixed. She's recovered quickly, haven't you, girl?! She had her tail nipped when we found her, though. It was something we worried about, but the vet said that she was alright. We've been trying to find a good home for her, but so far, no luck." Kae Soo laughed at my awestruck expression and she started petting Mia on the head. I whipped out my phone and dialed a number, putting the phone to my ear. "Appa, remember how we talked about  getting a dog. They found a Blue Merle at the K-9 cafe, she's gotten her shots, been fixed, tail nipped, and is about two months old. Her name is Mia. What do you think?... Maybe?" Everyone was looking at me, shocked that I had already decided on the dog... Well, except for Kae Soo, who knew that this is the type of dog I had been looking for. "Ok, call me and tell me what she says. Thank you Appa! Yes I will send a picture. Love you too, bye bye." I pulled the phone away from my ear and my camera, taking a picture of the excited puppy and sending it to my father. I put my phone on the table and looked at Mia, a smile on my face. "Hi baby Mia! Aren't you just the prettiest thing in the world?!" I giggled and pet her while she my cheek. The guys were stunned. "Her heart can be cold as ice towards guys and most of the rest of society, but it melts instantly for the sweet and innocent cuteness of a puppy, especially if it's this type." Kae Soo explained.

Taemin's POV

Her reaction for the puppy was so completely different from her personality towards us. The way she's reacting for the puppy was how people usually react around me. "J-jae Lyn, do you want to play with me and the other dogs?" I asked timidly. She looked up, her usual uncaring expression was now curious and probably the most adorable expression that I had ever seen. She bit her bottom lip and nodded slowly. I smiled and stood up. Mia jumped off of her lap and wagged her bottom, waiting for her to get up and play. She stood up slowly, and we walked to the middle of the cafe and plopped down on the floor together.  Suddenly, dozens of dogs came running around us, jumping on us, our faces and arms and hands. I watched her smile and giggle, playing with the rowdy puppies. Her happy, excited face was an amazing sight, something that I wanted to see more of. I looked over at Key and Kae Soo, who looked like they were exchanging numbers. What really shocked me is how quickly the girls calmed down around us. It's like we were best friends, like Key and I could act like normal people without the constant 'Oppa~! Oppa~!' This was nice. It felt nice to be myself.

I looked back at Jae Lyn and she had disappeared. Instead, a large mass of dogs crowding something that was spread out on the ground in front of me. I laughed loudly and stood up, hovering over the subject of the kanines' excitement. I saw a hand flailing out of the side of the bundle. I grabbed it and heaved a panting and flustered Jae Lyn out of the crowd of tail-wagging puppies. Her hair was messy and her face was covered in slobber. She just smiled brightly at me, like she had enjoyed every moment that she spent under the pile of tongues and paws. I just smiled back at her, the feeling of her finally opening up to me settling in. I stared into her chocolate eyes, captivated. The nice thing was that she was staring back at me, seeming equally as lost in my eyes. "Hey Jae! You're father text you!" She broke the stare and looked over at her best friend, jumping up and walking over to the table. "I can keep her! Mia's coming home with me!" She jumped up and down, excited. I walked over to them and sat down, kinda sad to lose the connection that we just had, but I was happy to see her still so lively.

"May I see your cell phone, Jae Lyn?" I asked politely. She stopped celebrating and looked at me. "Why?" Her smile faded and a look of concern replaced it, I has just completely ruined the mood.... Nice one Tae. I exasperated and tried to hold a confident smile. "I want to put my number in it. I want to be friends. Please?" She looked at Kae Soo, who gave her an encouraging smile and mouthed something that looked like, 'it'll be fine. You'll still be on top. Live a little.' She sighed and handed me her phone. I smiled and typed in my number and sent a message to my own phone so I had her number. I handed back her phone and smiled at her, she just gave a weak smile back. "Well, my break is about over. I'll definitely be texting you later, alright Key!" "Already sent you a message." Key said, winking. "We had better be heading out as well. I have to study a lot tonight. Kae Soo, can you bring me a leash for Mia?" She said, looking down at the adorable and anxious puppy. Suddenly, she winked at it and flashed a quick smile, causing the puppy to bark happily and wag it's tail-less bottom faster. Kae Soo brought the leash and some puppy food. We thanked her and left,  trudging the back roads once again. I was carrying the food while Jae Lyn was led by the puppy who was excitedly running left and right, discovering the new sights and smells.

Jae Lyn's POV

As uncomfortable as I was having two of the biggest idols in Korea me home, it felt nice... Like I had broadened my variety of friends. But as nice as this felt, I knew that I was getting myself into something that I wasn't sure that I could handle. But to have the only guy that I had ever really felt an attraction to right next to me... Talking to me and trying to be my friend.. I won't lie, I liked this. "You guys don't have to walk me all of the way to my house.." "I want too!" Taemin said, extreme enthusiasm ringing in his voice. "I don't mind either." Key said with a gentle smile on his face. I sighed and walked to the front gate and pushed a button. "May I help you?" I heard the house maid, Nae Ri, ask through the intercom. She was a sweet elderly woman who always innocently teased me about ridiculuous things, but I knew that she was joking. She was like a very close grandmother to me. "It's me, ahjumma. I have some... f-friends with me, also." I stuttered on the word friends, but I saw Taemin smile happily out of the corner of my eye. "Alrighty, deary, the gate's open." "Thank you!" I said, opening the gate. I let the guys in and they gawked at my oddly-shaped house.

amazing-home-Freshome-021.jpg

"My dad is a huge fan of modern houses. Plus Kae Soo's father is a very popular and famous architect, so we asked him to do this for us." "How can you afford this?" Key asked. "My father is a brain surgeon and my mother is a lawyer." I sighed. "So that's what you meant when you said that you have a lot on your shoulders." Key said, sadness obvious in his voice. I nodded and went to greet Nae Ri-sshi. "Good evening, miss Jae Lyn. Who are your friends?" I was about to open my mouth, buuuuut... "Good evening ma'am, my name is Lee Taemin. It's an honor to meet you." Taemin said, bowing. "You look lovely today, ma'am. My name is Kim KiBum, it's a pleasure." Key said, bowing as well. I looked at Nae Ri-sshi who was blushing and smiling. "What nice boys you've found miss Jae Lyn. Which one is your boyfriend?" I blushed but stayed composed as the guys looked at me. "I haven't time for such things. You know that, Nae Ri-sshi." She just smiled. "I know, I'm just teasing. Shall we go inside? I'll go make some tea." "As wonderful as that sounds, ma'am, I'm afraid that we have to be heading back home now. Perhaps next time?" Taemin asked, looking at me. I blushed and nodded slowly. He smiled and turned back to the giggling ahjumma. "It was an honor. See you again soon." With that, they left. I smiled slightly and looked down at  Mia, who was still taking her time, looking around. "What nice boys. I hope that you become good friends with them." Nae Ri-sshi said, watching their figures disappear. I only nodded, hoping the same.