IV.

Forbidden Love.

 

 

“Would you rather receive love from everyone around you, yet not be returned the feelings of that one person you love, or… would you rather be hated and rejected by the world, yet be truly loved by one person, and that person only?”

“Why are you asking such a question, Taem?” Minho gave a slight chuckle at the younger’s profound words. Recently – he had been spewing out strange questions that weren’t exactly… well, normal. Minho’s eyes glanced over at his little brother, sitting on the edge of the bed, as he loosened the knot of his tie. He was only responded with silence, causing him to sigh, staring at the mirror ahead of him. He could see Taemin through the reflection painted in the glass of the mirror. He had become… strange lately, from his questioning and attitude to his strange outburst in school today. Minho cleared his throat, responding to the younger’s inquiry. “I would… go with the second. The love of the world can’t replace true feelings of love… no matter the number.”

His response finally spurred motion from the younger, causing him to stand. He crept near the elder, walking to him from behind. Minho could see this all lay out – the mirror was his eyes for a moment. Taemin’s arms wrapped around the elder’s fit figure, his chin tucked away at his shoulder. The siblings both stared at each other through the mirror, as Minho stopped in motions. “I heard that you skipped physical education today, hyung.” His blue eyes flickered while his fingers slipped to undo the button of Minho’s uniform.

“I… did.” He simply responded with a small smile, his gaze and all attention now on his younger brother. “And I heard you… surprised a whole crowd in gym today.”

“I did.” Taemin almost mimicked the elder’s voice of tone in response, triggering a bigger smile from Minho. The younger stepped in front of his hyung, face to face now. Although Taemin was fairly tall – nothing could compare to the height of his brother. His hands swept down his chest, then back up, just taking a careful probe around his body’s frame. His hands stopped dead when his eyes saw them, his body freezing with his fingers at the very collar of his hyung’s shirt.

The aura around Taemin had changed, as Minho could easily feel, a shiver of his body alerting it. Before he was… much more bland and dull, yet now he was threatening – menacing. “Taemin?” The older of the two tried calling out, being much confused by his brother’s sudden change in motions.

The pad of Taemin’s fingertips swept over the freshly embedded love marks along the fair skin of Minho’s neck. His blue eyes were much concentrated on the shape and color of them, skimming over the marks as if they were specimen under a microscope. “Is this… why you skipped your favorite class of the schoolday?” He spoke in a voice that Minho could not exactly figure out.

“It’s late.” Minho quickly cut him off, removing his hand by the grasp of his wrist, meeting his eyes.

Taemin sneered, challengingly gazing upon his brother’s hues. “You’re really going out with that school ? I thought you had better taste, hyung. I’m disappointed…” A small pout found its way on his lips.

“He’s not a – he’s quite wonderful.” The elder’s lips spoke without his mind even having prompted him to, catching himself all too late. He bit his lower lip, watching the younger move back over to his bed, already dressed in sleepwear, climbing into the covers. With a silent sigh, Minho undressed in his own uniform, setting it on a hanger. Ever since he had confessed to Taemin about having a thing for Kibum, he had acted this way. Far, distant and just… cold. He made his way onto his own bed which was located only a couple of meters apart from Taemin’s, ducking into the sheets and facing to the direction of his younger brother. “Taemin.” He spoke to his back, wanting his attention for a moment. He waited for five minutes, sensing no response and just turning around as well, sighing.

Taemin turned around the moment his older brother did, staring at his back for a moment. He then soundlessly moved over, sneaking into Minho’s covers instead. His arms s around his brother’s waistline again, pressing his face into his spine. “Can I sleep in your bed with you, tonight?”

“Of course.” Minho responded with a smile, turning around to embrace his younger brother into his chest.

“Remember our promise, hyung.” Taemin mumbled in his arms, closing his eyes.

“Of course.” Minho replied again, his fingers through his hair and placing a sound kiss onto his young brother’s scalp. “Of course I will.”