Into The Forest.

I Own You [Hiatus]

“Be a good boy and treat your mother well ok?” Hyunseung’s father says to him. Hyunseung frown and looked down.

“You’re always gone, leaving me alone.” His father hugs him.


“I’ll be back by the end of this month, during this time you’ll have you mother... And Seung Yeon to keep you company.” He smiles.


“No! Not her! I hate her!” He protest.


“Why?”


“She gets to see you at work and she takes up all your time! Who is she anyways?! Why are you so nice to take in an orphan like her?!” He pouts. Hyunseung father stands up from the sofa. He hands him a necklace.


“She’s going to be serving you from now on...” He briefly says. “Give that to her.” He said and walk to the front door. “Everyone’s waiting for me. I’ll be back before you know it. Love you son.” He walks out the front door, not looking back twice. Hyunseung looks at the close door.  Even before father left, he last words were all about her! He exclaim as his mother walks into the living room.


“What’s that in your hand?”


“Nothing!” Hyunseung shouts and runs to down the hallway to the back door. He scurries past the kitchen and dinning room. Where is she? He thought as he searches high and low for the little girl who he met days before. Then finally, in the lake in their backyard, he finds her. She was hovering over something he can care less about as he stomps over. “You! Seonmul!” He shouts. Seung Yeon slowly looks up, again with her blank expression. “Who are you and where did you come from?!” He finally have the courage to ask after his father was gone. “I don’t want you in my home! Go back to your mother or whoever and leave appa alone!” She stares at him for second and looks back down. He frowns. “You dare ignore me?!” He shouts and runs over to her. Hyunseung pushes her down onto the grass. “What kind of seonmul are you?!” Seung Yeon sat there. She didn’t look mad nor sad. She kept staring at something. “Aish, can’t even talk...” He said and looks down. He finally sees what she was looking at. A dead rabbit. He look back at her. “Did you kill it?” He asks. Seung Yeon slowly nod, yes. “You killed the rabbit?! What are you?” Seung Yeon slowly got up and pick up the rabbit. “Omo! You’re crazy!” Hyunseung shouts and step aside. Seung Yeon slowly walk closer to the woods. “Is she going to bury it?” He watch closely as she disappears into the bushes. “She don’t even know we have wolves there.” He laughs to himself. Hyunseung turns to go home but notice he still have then necklace in his hand. He look at it. The necklace was weird. It has a smooth black rock and had the shaolin symbol on it. This wasn’t something he would see on his mother. Hyunseung narrow his eyes at the woods. “It’s not like I’ll get hurt...” He said and starts on the path Seung Yeon took.

 

[Two Hours Later]
“Everyone go! Go! Go!” Hyunseung’s mother commands as all the maids and staff members scurry out the door. “Aigoooo! Where did my Hyunseung go?!” She cries as one of the older maid comforts her. “HOW CAN YOU GUYs NOT EVEN KNOW HE WAS MISSING UNTIL NOW?!” She shouts and pushes the maid away. She cries and leans her head onto her hand.


“Mianhae Madam... We thought he was playing as usual like last time.”


“Argh! Useless!” She shouts and got up. She walk over to the phone.


“Madame! You mustn’t!” The maid utters. Madame Jang look at the phone. She wants to call the cops. She wants to call her husband that she have lost their son, but she can’t. “Madame your husband could be in jeopardy...” She look at it for a minute or two and threw it to the ground. “Madame...”


“AHHH! my life!? I hate this bastard husband of mine!” She shouts and runs to the back door. She look out the window, as all the maids and chauffeurs scatter all around the backyard. “IN THE WOODS YOU IDIOTS!” She shout some more. Suddenly she notices Seung Yeon coming from the bushes. Madame Jang stomps out like a bull. “You !” She scorn and rush up to her. She gives Seung Yeon a fresh slap across her cheek. “YOU TOOK MY SON INTO THE FOREST, DIDN’T YOU?! DON’T YOU KNOW THERE ARE WOLVES IN THERE?!” She screams. Seung Yeon turn her head to the side and listen for a second. “YOU THINK I WON’T DO ANYTHING TO YOU?! COME HERE-” Just then Seung Yeon dashes north of the forest. “AISH! BAD GIRL! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!” Seung Yeon rushes past all of the staffs. Past the place where she laid down and daydreamed. She skip through the soft soil, where she buried the rabbit. Seung Yeon stop every other second to listen to the whispers of the wind. She study the environment and depict every animal and creatures as they swim away. She smells the the words of the leaves and grasses which guides her. Suddenly the voice of Hyunseung came from a distant and she charges towards it. She was now in serious mode. After all this is what she was trained to do.