Chapter Five: Nice Girl

The Scandalous Roomates of Apartment Number 3001

Author's Note: Okay yeah, sorry it's been a while but I've been caught up with work and my chruch, I just track of time. That, plus the holidays but it was great since I got to see my folk again, which was nice^^ But anyway here is chapter five. Next chapter will probably be a little more juicy ^~

 

Chapter Five: Nice Girl


In Seoul, there are lots of different women who men are attracted to.


There’s the gold-digger...


….the mistress


….the sassy independent

….the dyme


….the tease


….the cheater


….tomboy


….ghetto


…and sometimes the suspicious psychotic one.


But there is always that one women that men tend to overlook...


...the nice ones...


We’ve all heard of nice guys finish last, but what about nice girls?


-


“I feel lousy,” said Tae Yeon.


We were at a cafe restaurant close to Chugye University, where Tae Yeon goes, to have a nice roommate lunch break. However, none of us was in the mood for a happy carefree lunch...because of yesterday.

 

“Tae Yeon is this because of the whole Yun Ho thing...you know?” said Ji Hyo.


Me and Ji Hyo chuckled as we kept making fun of his name while Tae Yeon pouted and gave us dirty looks.


“Well sort of but not really... and I would like it if you stop making fun of his name,” she said.

“”Why not, I mean you two are over, right?” I ask.

“Yeah...but...I don’t know,” said Tae Yeon as she slumped her shoulders and took a sip of her smoothie.

“Listen Tae Yeon, just forget about Yun Ho, he was a bad guy to begin with. You’ll find someone else, because you’re a nice girl,” said Ji Hyo



Tae Yeon slowly leaned back on her chair and looked her hands on her lap. She slowly breathed in and grab her bag that next to her chair.



“Actually, I have to head back, I have class in less than ten minutes,” she said as she quickly got up from her seat.



Tae Yeon quickly head back to her campus as Ji Hyo and I took a sip of our coffee and wrap up our conversation.



“Do you think Tae Yeon’s okay to be okay?” I ask adjusting my seat.

“She will. I’ll give it a week or two to get over it,” said Ji Hyo as she poured in a new pot of coffee.


Then Ji Hyo’s cell phone vibrated on the table. It’s been doing that for a while since we got our food. Ji Hyo looked at her phone and put it on silent. I got suspicious since Ji Hyo always picks up a phone call.


“Is everything okay??”

Ji Hyo grabbed the bill from the table, “Hm? Oh it’s my mother. She’s been trying to get me to go on a blind date with his guy.”

“How much money does he have?” I ask as looking at the bill in Ji Hyo’s hand while drinking my water.

“Probably a lot if my mother is trying to set me up with him,” she said taking out her credit card.

 

“Don’t you have to go to your doctor’s appointment?” she ask.

“Yeah...” I said drinking the last bit of water, “But I’m taking my time, it’s just a check up,” I said.


“...Uh huh,” she said.


Then Ji Hyo got a text as she looked at it quickly and left.


“Where are you going?” I ask.

Ji Hyo turned around, “The office...I have a lot of cases to work on,” she said and left.


Just as Ji Hyo left, I got a text...from Dr. Kim?


‘You’re late for your appointment, Ms. Boa. Is everything okay?’



-


“Soo Young, do I have any messages since I left?” ask Ji Hyo talking to her new secretary, from the temp agency.

“Um...your mother called,” said Soo Young as she was looking down on her notes.

Ji Hyo rolled her eyes after hearing mother, “What else?” she ask.

“Well no calls...” said Soo Young.

“Alright, well I’ll be in my office for the rest of the day,” said Ji Hyo opening the door.

“...but there’s someone waiting in your office!” said Soo Youngi, but just as Ji Hyo opened the door, she saw the college student, Shim Chang Min sitting on the couch, waiting for her.


“You!” said Ji Hyo as she dropped her bag.

“Welcome Ms. Song,” said Chang Min playing with the little decorations from the table.


Ji Hyo froze up a little bit as she quickly closed the door behind her. After a minute, she locked the door, and that was Chang Min’s que to get up from the couch.


“So...I take it you remembered what we did at the club,” he said approaching Ji Hyo.


Just as Chang Min was leaning towards Ji Hyo for a kiss, she bend down and crawled away to the opposite side of the room.


“Hold up their college boy!” said Ji Hyo leaning against the wall. “Okay first off! I do not know what you are talking about and second, you’re too young!”

Chang Min huffed in the air, “I never really care about a woman's age.”

“Well you should! I’m thirty and you’re ten years younger than me!”


“Technically eight years; I’m 22.”

Ji Hyo huffed as she rubbed her temples, “Wait a minute!” she said lifting her head up. “What exactly did we do that night?”


-


Tae Yeon stood in front of his apartment. That’s right her ex’s apartment. She was suppose to be in class, but instead she skipped it and head straight out here; to confront. But just as she was about to knock, she hesitated and thought about...last night.


-


“Here you go,” said Jun Su as she handed her a huge glass of beer.


Tae Yeon shyly nodded her head saying thank you as she accepted the beer.


“Okay then, cheers,” he said as he sat down across from and raising his glass.


Tae Yeon looked down at her drink and then back at the mystery man, Jun Su. Then she forcefully grabbed her drink and clink her glass with him. Jun Su took one whole gulp of his glass and set his glass down on the table with half of a beer left. He looked towards Tae Yeon’s direction and gasp as he saw Tae Yeon chugging the whole glass. She slammed the glass on the table as she slowly breathes out.


“Sorry,” she said wiping with the back of her hand. “I don’t usually drink like this.”

“Uh huh,” said Jun Su nodding his head, “like that night, when you were drunk?”


Tae Yeon paused as she looked at Jun Su and then her face slowly turned red from both the alcohol and what Jun Su said.



“Um...you said you have something to give back to me,” said Tae Yeon.

“Oh right,” he said leaning forward to grab something from the back of his pockets. “Here,” he said as he gave Tae Yeon back her student ID card, “it had your phone number on it, that how I called you,” he said.


For a while Tae Yeon didn’t say anything, but then all of a sudden she bursted out crying. Jun Su jumped up started by her sudden emotion as she quickly grabbed some napkins from the table and give it to her to dry her tears.


“A-A-Are you okay?” he ask.

Tae Yeon shook her head, “He cheated on me!” said said with her voice muffled from the napkins.

“Cheated? You mean that night when you were drunk?”


Tae Yeon nodded her head. She then started to tell the whole story about who Yun Ho is and their story about being together until that day she found out he was cheating on her. After he heard the whole story Jun Su sighed and took another sip of his beer.


“So...you’ve been with this guy for two years, ever since the end of high school, and this guy has been your only boyfriend?” Tae Yeon nodded.

Jun Su sighed, “Well I guess I can see why he was cheating on you,” he said as he took another sip of his beer.

“What do you mean?” ask Tae Yeon.

“You’re choking him. You’re smothering him with so much love and cheesy romance,” Jun Su sighed finishing the last ounce of beer.

“But...I love him...” said Tae Yeon.


“Listen Tae Yeon, I hate to break it to you but although this Yun Ho guy sounds like a great guy, he’s not. And I’m not going to lie to you about this one either but it’s true, the more great he sounds, the more he’s been with other girls.”

“What!?” said Tae Yeon.

“I hate to break it to you kid but yeah it’s true.”

“Then why has he been with me the whole time!?”


Jun Su lean forward looking at her right in the eye, “It’s because you’re a nice girl.”


-


Tae Yeon shook her head from her flashback as she bit her lips and firmly knocked on the door. It wasn’t long until she saw her ex’s face opening the door as his face was a little shocked.


“Can we talk?” she said.


-


“Alright Boa, how are you doing?” ask Dr. Kim.


I just shrugged.


“Okay, let’s check your heartrate,” he said as he put on his stethoscope to listen to my heart rate.


He placed the chestpiece where my heart is as I looked at Dr. Kim’s expression on his face.


He took his earpiece off as he looked at me, “I’m sorry I can barely hear your heart. Are you wearing a top underneath?” I nodded. “Well since you’re wearing a top, you mind if you...” he ask as he made a motion for me to take off my shirt.


I nodded. I didn’t mind since I was wearing a tank top underneath. I took my blouse off and readjusted my seat as Dr. Kim tried to listen in on my heartbeat. However he give a discouraging look and pulled back looking at his stethoscope.


“That’s strange, I can’t hear anything,” he said shaking the earpiece.

“Um...should I try listening to your heart...you know just to check if it’s working or not,” I said.

“Oh okay yeah, I guess we can try that,” he said as he gave me his stethoscope.


I put on the earpiece as Dr. Kim tried to figure out how to put the chestpiece near his heart.


“Ah,” he said as he undid his shirt having the tube and the chestpiece go underneath his shirt.


I looked and saw Dr. Kims...abs as he lift his shirt up. I gasp as I felt my face blush.


“Boa, are you okay?”


I looked up at Dr. Kim I listened to his heartbeat and I don’t know why but while I was listening to his heartbeat, I can also hear my heartbeat. They were both beating on the same beat but the thing is my heart is being twice as fast because of Dr. Kim but why is Dr. Kim’s heart beating at a fast pace also?


“Boa?”

“Yes,” I replied.

“Can hear my heartbeat?” he ask.

I nodded, “Yes. Yes Dr. Kim,” I said taking off the earpiece.

He smiled as he looked at me and said, “You know what, why don’t you just call me Jae Joong.”


-


Tae Yeon came inside her ex’s apartment. Even though Yun Ho invited her in, she would still barge in if he didn’t ask.


“So...where’s the girl?” said Tae Yeon as she looking around his place.

“You mean...”

“Did really love me!?” cried Tae Yeon, interrupting Yun Ho.

“What?” said Yun Ho.

“All those things we did together, all that present you gave me...all the presents I gave you!! You gave me a promise...that we’ll be together...”


Yun Ho sighed as he rubbed his hand against his face then scratched his head,


“Tae Yeon ah...I’m sorry...” he said.

Tae Yeon just glared at Yun Ho, “Sorry?...Sorry!? That’s all you can say! We’ve been together for two years and all you can say is sorry!!!” said Tae Yeon as he eyes started to glow from tears.

“Aish! Tae Yeon what do you want me to do!!! You expected so much from me!!!” Yun Ho yelled as he jumped up screaming back.


Tae Yeon jumped a little bit in shock.    


I’m sorry Tae...but when we first started our relationship, I never really wanted the relationship to last long...”

Tae Yeon then furrowed her eyebrows looking dismissed and confused.

“W-W-What?” she ask.

“Okay I only liked you for a short amount of time, I was actually going to break up with you but I couldn’t because....”

“....I was too nice....” said Tae Yeon, finishing his sentence.


Yun Ho rubbed his face with his hands again, “Look, I’m sorry but really you and I have different perceptive about this relationship. I know that you were expecting a ring and a proposal...but I’m not that kind of guy, I’m not really good at commitment …”

“Wait what!?” said Tae Yeon looking up at him, “what you mean you’re not good at commitment? We were together for two years!!!”


There was silence in the air, and then Tae Yeon gasped looking at Yun Ho, all that time traveling aboard, late night studies, weekend trip with the guys. He’s been seeing other girls behind her back.


“Um...Tae...” said Yun Ho as he noticed how quiet Tae Yeon was.


But Tae Yeon slowly looked up with a piercing look on her eyes and heavy breathing of hate.

 

“YAH!! YOU BASTARD!!!!!”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Subcribe and coment please~^^