Chapter Two: Why is the room spinning!?

The Scandalous Roomates of Apartment Number 3001

STRESS.


In the dictionary, it is defined as pressure or tension exerted on a material object. Ninety percent of all diseases are the caused from stress. Stress, is nobody’s best friend, especially for women.


-


“What!? Are ing kidding me!!?” I screamed on the phone just as Tae Yeon got home from her classes with groceries in her hands.


I kept walking back and forth in the living room as Tae Yeon came inside and saw how I transformed the our living room into a work area for me with papers and scripts on the coffee table. Dvds, and graphic novels stacked up high on the floor. Along with headache medicine and a pack of cigarettes next to my laptop.


“I don’t care if you’re proposing to your girlfriend today I need you to fix the script!” I said as I inhaled my cigarette and then quickly exhaled the smoke. “What’s wrong with the script!? I’ll tell you what’s wrong!! That scene has done over a hundred motherf*cking times!! Stop recycling ideas from other sappy dramas and fix scene nine by tomorrow!!” I screamed as I hung up the phone and tossed it towards the couch with force.


“Wow unni,” said Tae Yeon as I smoke the remainder of my cigarette in my hand and then crushed it in the ashtray on the coffee table. “You don’t smoke unless you’re really going to explode,” she said.

“Yeah well our ratings are down and most of the actors on the show can’t act,” I said as I sat back down on the floor in front of my computer.

“Well that’s because most of those actors are really actors,” said Tae Yeon as I am well aware that watches the show.

“God! I mean what gave them the great idea to cast idol singers instead of real actors!” I said as I threw the papers around.


“Well you know most of the viewers are younger audiences who loves to see their y idol act,” she said.

I looked up as I glared at her, “Don’t you have dinner to cook!” I said looking at the grocery bags.


Tae Yeon just shrugged as she heads for the kitchen to put the food away. Just when she walked out, Ji Hyo unni came home looking exhausted as usual. When she can’t into the living room she huffed looking at the mess around me in the living room as Ji Hyo dropped her bags.


“Boa, you know how I hate when you set your little work space in the living room,” she said as she laid down on the couch.

“Sorry but this is a crisis!” I said as I began to type. Ji Hyo unni slowly breathed in and then started coughing, “Ugh! You’ve been smoking too,” said Ji Hyo as she immediately sat up from the smell in the air.

“I know , I know but I needed...”

“No you know what, give me a stick!” she said as she snapped her to say that she really needed one fast.


I gave her the carton and the match without looking away from my laptop. Ji Hyo unni quickly lighted the cigarette then slowly exhaled as she puffed out the smoke.


“Ohhhhh... yeah! I needed that,” she said as she breath in another puff.

“Rough day in the office?” I ask as I was still eyeing the laptop screen.

“Uh...I guess you can say that,” she said puffing the air out. “I had to interview for a new secretary since I fired my old one yesterday.”

“What for?” I ask.

“Telling my client’s son that it was my birthday,” she said as she leaned back enjoying the nicotine taste of the cigarette.


“Well I guess that was a good enough reason to fire him,” I shrugged.

“Yeah...and...the client’s son...he was...sort of flirting with me.”

“Oooooh! Chasing a younger man are we?” I said.

“Please! It’s not like I’m going to see that boy again!” she said inhaling another taste.


Tae Yeon came back in as she huff that now Ji Hyo unni is now smoking.


“Unni! You too!” she said as she sat down on the couch next to Ji Hyo while grabbing the remote.

I quickly grabbed the remote from Tae Yeon’s hand, “Sorry honey but not today,” I said.

“What? You're not going to let me watch TV!?” said Tae Yeon.

“That’s the reason why I moved my work space out here, to use the TV to help review a scene. In case if we missed something,” I said as I grabbed one of the demo dvds.


“You know you could use your laptop, a lot of people these day are watching their dramas online,” said Tae Yeon as she grabbed one of the couch cushions and placed it on her lap.

“It’s not the same kid,” I said as I got up and placed the dvd in the dvd player.

“Tae Yeon, I thought you are cooking dinner,” said Ji Hyo unni.


“I’m letting the water boil, I put in the big pot,” she said.

“Big pot? Tae Yeon we don’t eat that much,” I said as I sat back down in front of my laptop.


Then my phone started to ring as I got up and took the call inside my room.


“I’m actually making dinner and food for Yun Ho oppa,” said Tae Yeon as she stretch her arms.

“Oh yeah your boyfriend,” said Ji Hyo as she huffed out the last smoke and then put out the cigarette in the ashtray.

“And soon to be future husband,” said Tae Yeon as she bounced on the couch a little bit thinking about her man.

“Did he give you a ring?” Ji Hyo ask.

“Well...no not yet,” said Tae Yeon biting her lips.


“Then it’s not official,” said Ji Hyo as she took off her jacket.

“But he will ask me out, I’m sure of it. On our 400th day anniversary, he gave me a book filled with so many poetry about love and inside he wrote that we’ll be together even when the sky falls down,” she said as she clasped her hands together with gleaming eyes.

Ji Hyo just shook her head as she got up from the couch.


“WHAT!!!” I screamed from my room where Tae Yeon and Ji Hyo unni could hear me from the living room. “What do you mean she quit!!?....Nose job!!!...She can’t quit!! She’s the main actress!!!!You better drag Goo Hara back on the ing set by Friday or else your is on the line!!!”


I hung up the phone and screamed as I jumped on the bed while screaming some more into my pillow. After my whole phone conversation, Tae Yeon and Ji Hyo unni looked at each other and then at the door to my room, confused.


“Soooo does this mean I get to watch TV now?” ask Tae Yeon.


-


“Do it again!” I said as I shoved the script back towards the writer.

“But I’ve written the same scene for over a hundred times,” said Dong Hae.

“And during those times you could have brainstorm for an original idea, not recycling them like all the other dramas on air,” I said taking a sip of my coffee.

“But that’s what people love, that’s what the director wants,” he said.

“Look Dong Hae! Our ratings are down and the only way to save it is think outside the box, I don’t know do something like having a room full of post it notes that has every different reasons of why he loves her. No flowers! No balloons! Understand?”


Dong Hae just shook his head vigorously as he slowly walked away.


“Ms. Kwon,” I turned and I saw my assistant, Seo Joo Hyun walking my way with her usual clipboard.

“So were you able to get Ms. Goo to come back to the set?” I ask. Joo Hyun shook her head, “Oh my God! What is wrong with that girl! She is under contract!”

“Uh....Ms. Kwon, we also have another problem...”

“What is it?” I sighed as I took giant sip of coffee.

“Well...due to the low ratings of the show...we might have to shorten the series...”

“What!? Well that would mean we would have to re- write all the unaired episodes!!”

“And...”

“And!?” I said with my eyes wide open in disbelief that there is more problems.

“Did you look at the morning paper?” she said in a very soft voice.

“...No...”


Joo Hyun slowly gave the morning papers to me as the hand was shaking. I was a bit nervous as I took the newspaper and the read the headline and gasp. It was our director, getting arrested...for drug abuse...and drinking...while driving...with our main male actor in our drama, who is also arrested... for under age drinking!


I dropped the newspaper as I was in shock as I slowly sank in a chair.


“Oh my gosh, M-M-Ms. Kwon...Ms Kwon a-a-a-are you okay?” she ask.

“Okay, okay...we are in a really big situation now,” I said in the most calm voice I have. “We have to re-write the rest of the series, we missing our two main actors, and our director got arrested, no problem!” I said as I got up and walked around the set.

“W-W-We can fix this!” I said.

“But our actors...”

“We fix this! We can fix all of this!! But first we need to fix the room because it’s spinning around!”


“Spinning around...?”

“Ms. Kwon, are you okay?”

“Yeah, yeah I just...I just... why is there five of you?” I ask as I was seeing more than one Seo Joo Hyun standing in front of me and then I felt my head getting light heading and everything fade to black.


-



“AAAHHH!” I screamed as I got up from a bed.


I looked around and I saw a heart monitor next to the bed that was attached to my arm. I’m in the hospital...


“Ms. Kwon!”


I jumped up from the bed as I saw a doctor coming to my bedside as he pushed the curtains aside.


“I’m glad you’re awake, how are you feeling?” he ask.


I looked at the doctor, I have to say he was really handsome, my god! He looked like a celebrity, no wait he looks better than most of the celebrity that I have worked with. I looked down from his face to his neck then down to his collar where I saw three ed shirt revealing a bit of his collar bone.


“Oooh” I said under my breath  

“Ms. Kwon? Ms. Kwon!?”

“Huh?” I said as I snap back from my daze.

“I’m asking you how you’re feeling?” he asked as he grabbed his pen from his pocket.

“Oh I’m feeling really hot! I mean...steamy! I mean...”I said as I tried not to the look at the doctor now since he’s making me feel this way. “Um...I’m feeling a little warm....”


“Okay...” he said as he was jotting down notes.


As the doctor was writing in his clipboard, I noticed something on his left hand. I sighed as I saw that he has a ring on his finger.


“Married.”

“What was that?” he ask.

“Um...nothing! I-I-I said...buried.”


The doctor went back to writing on his clipboard as I noticed his hospital card pinned to his white jacket...Dr. Kim Jae Joong. Hmm...that name sounds familiar.


“Okay Ms. Kwon,” he said as he clicked his pen as sat down in a stool next to me. “Your heartrate is actually abnormal, and so is your blood pressure. Ms. Kwon, you have been stressed out for the past few months, ever since you taken the job of producer and... head script editor...” he said looking through his papers on his clipboard.

“...How did you know that?” I ask.

“Your assistant was the one who dropped you off at the hospital when you fainted,” he answered.


I chuckled under my breath, as I made a mental note to myself to give Joo Hyun a raise.


“But anyway, Ms. Kwon, I recommend that you take a week off from work,” he said as he swerved his stool around me while I watch him swerve by, and it kind of...cute. “I will also recommend you some medication for your stress,” he said jointing down some few notes, “you don’t have to take the medication, but it’s just a precaution, and to further add up to that up, you should check in with me to see if your doing well.” He quickly jotted down some more stuff and then rip the paper from his clipboard to give to me. “Are you okay with all of this?” he ask.

“The check up...yeah...I’m fine...all of this...so yeah.”

“Alright, well you should rest some more before you go home.”

“Okay,” I said as I slowly laid down on the bed.


Just before Dr. Kim closed the curtains, he looked at me and said, “You know, I really am I huge fan of The Prince’s Girl,” he said. referring to one of the earlier dramas that I have written.

“What?” I ask as  I sat up a bit.

“Oh, your assistant also told me that you wrote the script for The Prince’s Girl, and that is my absolute favorite show in the whole world,” he said.


When he said that, the corner of my corner spread out so wide across my face.


“Umm...t-t-thank you,” I said.


The doctor just nodded as he pulled the curtains and walked away while I laid down on the bed, grinning that a hunky, hot doctor like him as he liked my work. It sort of made want to rethink about my career, and it also made me remember that Dr. Kim was also married.

 

-

 

A/N: Okay so I guess you can see the The Prince's Girl, is actually a parady of The Princess' Man, which my absolute favorite korean drama because every episode is worth watching^^ So I really don't have much to say to enjoy and also check out my other fic

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/248368 (Playing on a Rainy Day)