Chapter Three: The Prince Charming Myth

The Scandalous Roomates of Apartment Number 3001

Chapter Three: The Prince Charming Myth

 

For every little girl who pretended to be a princess, there is always one thing that they wanted, a prince charming. A prince, who is perfect and handsome that rides along on a horse to come to save you from the evil villain and fall madly in love because it was meant to be, true love. I’m sure most little girls got those ideas from our favorite bedtime stories and then we would dream about finding our own prince charming when we grow up...but here’s the thing....

 

...there is no prince charming.

 

There is no such thing as a perfect man with an awesome hair, and amazing teeth while wearing a cape, because they would look ridiculous. As we grow up we soon realize that the men in our time have turned...more and more savaged. And it’s not just men either, but so are women, we too turn savage with lust and greed.

 

So here’s the deal kids...

 

...Prince Charming is a myth.

 

-

 

“You’re up pretty early on a Saturday,” I said as I sat down in the living room with a DVD box set of shows.

Tae Yeon was pretty much already dressed, in her casual date dress, and her hair neatly tied in a ponytail. She was carrying a huge shopping bag with tupperware full of food; whileI the TV dressed in my sweats, as I just woke up five minutes ago.

 

“Well...I’m meeting Yun Ho oppa today,” she said.

“Ah yes the boyfriend,” I said as I got up and popped one of the DVDs into the player.

“Yes! I wanted to surprise him and make him breakfast today,” she said holding on the shopping bag a bit more tighter with both hands.

“Cute,” I said as I laid back down and pressed play on the remote. “Hey I thought he was in the States studying abroad,” I said as I began to the drama.

 

“Well actually he just came back a few days ago, Yun Ho’s sister actually told me last night,” she said.

I paused as I turned my head looking at her, “A few days ago?” I said.

“Yeah...he was actually suppose to come next week, I think he came back for me, to surprise me...to maybe...” she said as she held up her left hand.

“...To purpose?” I said looking at her hand. Tae Yeon nodded her head, “Are you sure?” I ask.

 

“Yes! I’m sure of it!” she said. “So I decided to surprise him with breakfast and lots of love,” she said as she soon walked towards the door and put on her best shoes and left.

 

I leaned back and sighed, “Oh boy...”

 

-

 

“SURPRISE!” Tae Yeon yelled just as her just got out of bed looking boyfriend, Yun Ho opens the door and she flung her arms around her.

“Uh...Tae Yeon...” said Yun Ho as he gently release Tae Yeon’s grasp from him, “W-W-What are you doing here?” he ask.

“To surprise you silly!” she said as she already walked inside.

“Wait Tae Yeon! I really need to talk to you!” he said as he quickly followed Tae Yeon into the kitchen.

“About what, that you lied to me?” she said as she placed the bags on top of the eating table.

 

“It’s fine, you were only trying to sur...prise...me,” said Tae Yeon as she noticed a wedding ring on the edge of the table.

 

A wedding ring without a case, and just lying there randomly on a table. She looked at Yun Ho and pointed at the ring but before she could say anything, they both heard the sound of Yun Ho’s bedroom door open. Tae Yeon turned around and gasp as she saw a woman coming out of Yun Ho’s room, wearing nothing but a white collar shirt, buttoned up. The woman, who seems to have just woken up stares at them and walked towards the bathroom. Then Tae Yeon turned back around and saw the expression on Yun Ho’s face, as his face was scratching the back of his head while putting on an awkward smile.

 

“Well...this is quite the surprise...” she said.

 

-

 

“Ooooh...” said Ji Hyo unni as she barely made it out of her room, hungover from last night’s event.

“So how was the party?” I ask as I was watching TV.

“My whole body hurts,” she said dragging herself to the kitchen.

 

Ji Hyo unni’s friend from work invited her to a party to celebrate her birthday and came back home, completely drunk! She threw up three times, and the third time, well she didn’t make it to the bathroom on time. So the whole night Tae Yeon and I had to clean up her mess. As Ji Hyo unni was gulping down a glass of water, I heard her phone vibe on the dining table. Ji Hyo unni quickly gulp down the last few ounces of the glass as she quickly grabbed her phone from the table.

 

She unlocked her screen and read a text, but once she did I heard her gasp.

 

“What? Why? What happened?” I ask getting up from my chair.

“Um...I got a time from a guy I met at the bar last night,” she said.

I leaned over her shoulder as Ji Hyo unni push her phone closer to my face, “‘ Had a great time with you last night. Let’s stay connected’...oooooh unni! Sounds like you found a man!” I said.

 

Ji Hyo just dropped her phone and as she placed her elbows on the table and scratch her head.

 

“Boa...honestly, I don’t know who this person is,” she said getting up to pour herself another glass.

“I bet, you were totally wasted,” I said as I went back inside the living room to continue watching the show.

 

Ji Hyo unni followed me a few minutes later to see what I was watching.

 

“Hey wait a minute...this is ‘The Prince’s Girl.’ Didn’t you write the script for this show?” she ask.

“Yeah...” I said as I kept my eyes focus on the TV.

“And you’re watching it?”

“Y-Y-Yeah,” I said not looking at her.

“Alright, what is this about?” she ask.

 

I turned my head to speak but just before I got a chance, my phone vibrated as I grabbed it to look at the text.

 

“Who is it?” ask Ji Hyo unni

“It’s from Tae Yeon...Oh...Oh no” I said as I looked at the text.

“What? What is it?” she ask.

 

I showed her text which was an SOS text.

 

“Wait, why is Tae Yeon texting us, I thought she was going to be with her...oh no...”

 

-

 

Tae Yeon kept blowing her nose into the napkin as me and Ji Hyo were sitting next to her, comforting her.

 

“I don’t understand, we were so perfect for each other,” she said blowing her nose.

“Yeah honey, I know...I know...” said Ji Hyo discarding the napkins to the edge of the table, along with the others.

“I mean we were...”

“Soulmates...” said Ji Hyo and I at the same time.

Tae Yeon was a bit startled back but she continued to talk, “Well we were suppose to be one, he was my...”

 

“Prince charming...” said Ji Hyi unni and I again.

Tae Yeon moved her head back looking at her two roommates.

“Don’t look at us like that. Trust us, we’ve been there and done that,” I said as Ji Hyo unni nodded with me.

Tae Yeon shook her head, “No it’s...”

“...Not the same,” we both said, again as we cross our arms.

 

“Sorry kid. I hate to break it to you but, your prince charming was too good to be true,” I said.

“But he was perfect! We never had any problems! He was handsome, and smart, and comes from a nice background. He volunteers and goes to church regularly.”

“Yeah well, if there is a problem its that he’s too perfect,” I said.

 

“He sounds like something that comes from the script the TV people write,” I said.

“But I was going to marry him...”

“Once again, did he give you a ring?” Ji Hyo unni ask.

“Well there was a ring...but it wasn’t for me...”

 

Ji Hyo and I leaned back on our seats as we looked at each other without moving our heads while our lips automatically made the O shape.

 

“Did he propose to her?” ask Ji Hyo.

“I’m not so sure,” I said.

“Unni!” cried Tae Yeon.

 

Ji Hyo unni sighed as she took a sip of her coffee, “Listen honey that guy, well he wasn’t your prince charming, even with a ring on your finger. I mean in this century it’s hard trying to find the one, you are not going to find that one true love and live happily ever after. You have no idea how many divorce papers I go through everyday. Face it honey, prince charming is just a myth.”

 

I nodded my head agreeing with her as Tae Yeon gave a long sigh and finish down her last ounce of coffee and then wipe with the back of hands and started sobbing once again. Ji Hyo unni and I both sighed as we grabbed our and began to head out of the coffee shop.

 

“Do you want to come back home?” I ask.

 

Tae Yeon quickly wiped her tears and grabbed another napkin to blow her nose with.

 

“Um no, actually I might call a few of my friends from school to hang out with or something,” she said and then she blew her nose.

“Alright well call us if you want to talk some more,” I said as we both left the coffee shop.

 

Tae Yeon threw away the napkin and then she grab her purse that was right next to her and dug inside to find her phone and called on her friends.

 

“Hey...uh nothing much...listen...do you want to drink tonight?” she ask.

 

-

 

Tae Yeon kept chugging on her beer until there was nothing and shoved it aside. Then she wiped with the back of her hand as she continued talking to her friends.

 

“I mean I don’t understand why he would cheat on me!? I gave him everything that I can as the BEST GIRLFRIEND!!” she yelled raising a thumbs up.

 

She was at a bar with some of her classmates she called up to hang out tonight, at a bar. It’s been an hour and Tae Yeon was already drunk(if you haven’t notice).

 

“Huh!! Best!! I AM THE BEST! I AM THE BEST!!” she said as she started to sing.

“Yah! Can you shut up over there!” screamed a random table from another side of the room.

“Hey! you want a piece of me!!! BRING IT!!!” she screamed as she picked up one of the beer bottles.

 

She got up and flipped it upside down, but before she took another step, Tae Yeon squealed as beer started to pour out of the bottle and onto her dress and her shoes.

 

“Huh...it wasn’t empty...” she said, and then she started to laugh hysterically.

 

-one hour later-

 

“Girls, you know what!” said Tae Yeon, finishing another bottle, “guys, aren’t worth it!! They’re stupid!!!”

 

-15 minutes later-

 

“But how could he do this to me!!! I love him!!!!” Tae Yeon cried.

 

-5 minutes later-

 

“ men!! them all!!! Let’s just be lesbians!!!” Tae Yeon yelled.

 

-Another 5 minutes later-

 

“But we did it so many times!! He was my first!!!Doesn’t that mean anything!?” Tae Yeon cried... and screamed.

 

-15 minutes later-

“.....”

 

*slam*

 

And just like that Tae Yeon was knocked out as she collapsed, head first, on the table. Meanwhile, Tae Yeon’s classmates were sitting across from her, looking appalled in the state that she is in.

 

“See! I told you you shouldn’t have answered her phone!” said Krystal.

“Well...I didn’t know what to do!” said Victoria.

“I can’t believe she only had with one guy,” said Yoona as Krystal and Victoria looked at her with astonishment.

 

-

 

“I said I’m fine!” Tae Yeon screamed.

“But Tae, you’re drunk,” said Victoria as they got out of the bar with a tipsy Tae Yeon walking impaired.

“I’m fine! I’m just going to catch a taxi,” she said as she stepped on a puddle. “Oh!” she screamed, taken back from the puddle that she stepped on. “Was it raining...” she said as she dangling looking up.

 

Yes, in fact, it was raining, the whole time she was inside the bar and it just stopped a few minutes before they came out of the bar.

“Okay okay Tae Yeon, I’m going to call a taxi for you,” said Victoria as she raised her hands up in the air on the edge of the sideway.

 

Then Tae Yeon pushed Victoria’s arm down, “Guys look, I’m fine. You guys just go ahead and I’ll see you on Monday!”

“But Tae Yeon...”

“I’m fine! Go!” Tae Yeon screamed.

 

Tae Yeon’s classmates looked at her as they slowly walked away and rolled their eyes. Tae Yeon kept pacing on the sidewalk in wobbly way as she waved her arms up in the air.

 

“Taxi!” she screamed as she arms looked like jello waving it back and forth. “Taxi!” she screamed again as half of her body kept leaning back and forth on the edge of the sideway.

 

It was quiet for a minute as Tae Yeon slowly pulled her arms down and started to cry, unaware of a car coming by while she was still leaning to the edge of the sideway. Just as the car was about to hit her, Tae Yeon was pulled away from someone behind her. Her life was saved but at a cost as the car was driving by, it ran through a huge puddle of water and splash Tae Yeon all over. The water woke her up a bit, as she turned her head to look at her rescuer but then everything started to look blurry and she passed out.

 

-

 

Tae Yeon slowly woke up from bed as she stretch out her arms and scratch her head. She rubbed her head as she felt the hangover from last night. She grabbed the blanket to cover herself and laid her head back down on the bed to try and go back to sleep again. Then it hit when she opened her eyes in shock, this wasn’t her room. Tae Yeon quickly got up from her bed and looked around and saw her clothes....on the ground.

 

Tae Yeon gasp as she looked down and realized that she was only wearing a really big grey t-shirt.

 

‘Where am I?’ she thought.

 

Quietly, but quickly she got out of bed and slowly opened the door to find out where she is. She realized she was in someone’s house, but whose house. She jumped when she heard another door being opened as she panicked and quickly went back inside the room as she didn’t care that her door slam got the attention of the mystery man who just came out of his room. Tae Yeon breathed as she looked around and noticed the window. She opened the window, and sighed in relief that the house was one stories high.

 

“Hello?”

 

Tae Yeon jumped as she heard the stranger knocking on the door. She quickly grabbed her purse from the ground and check to see if nothing was stolen. Then she grabbed her clothes and jump on the window still. Just as she was about to jump, the door opened as Tae Yeon turned and saw mystery man, shirtless. Tae Yeon gulped as the man just looked at her in disbelief. As Tae Yeon leaned back she accidentally fall right out of the window.

 

The mystery man ran up to the window to see if she was okay. Then Tae Yeon jumped up and looked at the mystery man eye to eye. A childish looking face with short hair, but Tae Yeon didn’t have time to chat as she wanted to get out of there.


“W-W-Wait!” yelled the mystery man as Tae Yeon ran out into the neighbor and stopped hiding behind another house while millions of question started to pop inside her head but most important question that she wanted to know was, did she sleep with him?