Annoyed

Summer Waters

 

TAO

 

I felt someone tap my shoulder and I turned around too look up at the same face I had yesterday.

“Why didn’t you stay home?” Chanyeol took a seat next to me on the bench me and Kai were sitting at and frowned. “You’re too sick to come to school.”

“I told him that too. But he never listens.” Kai rolled his eyes at me.

“What an idiot.” Chanyeol laughed to himself. “Next time stay at home.”

“Why did you come, anyway? Did I put sense into you?” I rested my head on the table and looked at him.

“No… I just got bored and I found it hard to write songs. I needed a muse. Usually things around here give me one.” He looked around as if trying to find one.

“So, it’s like having writer’s block?”

“Slightly worse. The tune is there but the lyrics aren’t.” He sighed heavily. I assumed it would be annoying. I’d never written a song so I didn’t understand how frustrated he would be.

“Have you seen Kris?” I asked him, wondering if maybe they’d had a chat.

“No. I don’t think I want to either. I don’t think we were meant to be friends, anyway.”

“Why not?”

“He’s too violent. We would always get into fights, and he influenced me badly.” He rested his check in his palm. Just as I was going to ask what they fought over, the bell rang.

“Chanyeol… will I see you tomorrow?” I stood up and went to stand in front of him.

“Maybe. If you’re lucky.” He winked at my slightly and then went off in a different direction.

“So… You’re done with Kris… and now you’re onto Chanyeol?” Kai punched me in the arm and I hit him back harder.

“Don’t even talk about Kris, and no. There isn’t anything between me and Chanyeol. We just met yesterday.” I was feeling annoyed now. I didn’t like it when people really talked about Kris anymore. Whenever they did, I felt myself becoming unsettled and annoyed at Kris. I still can’t get over the fact that he just up and left.

Were they the right words?

I didn’t know.