New Kid

Shinyoung Drabbles

Day 1:

Shinwoo observed his room-mate pack his things into boxes, not bothering to arrange anything because he never really cared about organisation which was something Shinwoo hated about him. "Junghwan-ah, you forgot to pack your game console." Sunwoo called from inside the room, waving the controllers in the air as though he had a death wish. Junghwan hated whenever anyone mishandled his game console and it's equipment. "Leave it. I'll come pick it up tomorrow." Junghwan yelled back and taped the last box up. "Shinwoo hyung, I just want to apologize for suddenly moving out like this and leaving you alone. You'd probably miss me but you still have Chansik and Chaejin next door and your new room mate is arriving tomorrow." Junghwan bowed to his tall friend and bro-hugged him before leaving the premises of the dorm room with Sunwoo trailing behind him, a huge mountain of boxes in his arms. Shinwoo could only scoff when his friend left, cherishing the fact that he had the dorm all to himself for a whole day. As if he'd miss Junghwan. To Shinwoo, he was just a noisy and disgusting brat who had terrible grades and a clone of himself for a boyfriend. Shinwoo had to admit that he was a good friend but Shinwoo still loathed him. 

A thick blanket of silence was placed on the dorm room and Shinwoo loved it. He loved the quiet more than anything. He liked being left alone which was a surprise since he had a million and one friends. Unfortunately, the silence was disrupted when a knock on the door was heard. "Who the hell could that be now?!" Shinwoo huffed and dragged his tired body to the door. He swung the door open with full force, all ready to yell at whoever it was to go away. His voice died when his eyes met the male's foxy eyes. His hair was dyed a bright red with light streaks of black and his ears were pierced but he still looked so innocent and vulnerable in Shinwoo's eyes. If Shinwoo had to use only one word to describe the male, he'd say that he was perfect. The red head had a bright blue luggage bag sitting behind him and a matching bag on his back. "Who are you?" Shinwoo asked, surprised that he could actually utter a coherent sentence. "My name is Jung Jinyoung and I was told that this is my new dorm room." Jinyoung replied, a bright smile on his face. Shinwoo could feel himself becoming light headed because he'd never seen such a pretty smile before. He controlled himself and stuck out his hand for a handshake, introducing himself at the same time. "I'm Shin Dongwoo but call me Shinwoo. I guess I'm your dorm mate then." Shinwoo grinned and made a mental note on how soft and delicate Jinyoung's hands were. 

Shinwoo knew he was doomed. He was sure that his life was going to change the moment Jinyoung smiled at him.

 

Day 8: 

Shinwoo was mindlessly flipping through one of Jinyoung's music magazines. He'd found out on the first day Jinyoung was here that the said boy loved music and even taught himself how to write songs. He found himself falling asleep as some ballad song played on the radio but he was quickly woken up when Jinyoung plopped onto the sofa right next to him. "Shinwoo, I'm bored." Jinyoung whined and flopped onto his side, imitating a cat. Shinwoo just chuckled and went back to his magazine. He found it amazing that he didn't find Jinyoung's whining annoying unlike Junghwan's. He actually sounded cute. "Shinwooooo, let's go out." Jinyoung begged, tugging at Shinwoo's arms. "But I have a test tomorrow." Shinwoo said. To be honest, he just liked the fact that he had Jinyoung wrapped around his finger therefore he must make him beg.

"But you're not even studying! I'll go with Joon instead if you don't agr-"

"Yes I'll go!" Shinwoo said too enthusiastically, reprimanding himself mentally for making it obvious that he despised Joon. Shinwoo knew that Joon had a huge crush on Jinyoung and he'd do everything in his power to keep Joon away from Jinyoung. He claimed that he was protecting Jinyoung from the devil though he knew that the reason he gave was complete bull. 

Shin Dongwoo was falling for Jung Jinyoung and he was falling fast.

 

Day 20: 

Shinwoo was whipped. He surprised himself that morning when he actually made breakfast (more like feast) for two instead of one. Shinwoo sighed as he expertly drizzled the chocolate sauce over the waffles. He'd never ever done this for anyone and that said something. Jinyoung had some kind of power above him. Just yesterday, Shinwoo was doing Jinyoung's laundry for him. That was probably the biggest sign because Shinwoo NEVER touched someone else's laundry. He always thought that it was disgusting and should be banned in all countries. "Why am I doing this again? Jinyoung hasn't even done me a favour." Shinwoo huffed but shut his thoughts up the moment Jinyoung stumbled into the kitchen with a bright smile. "Good morning." Jinyoung greeted with a slur. His hair was messy and his wife beater which was too big for him was falling off his skinny torso. "Go get cleaned up first. The honey tea isn't done yet." Shinwoo muttered over the sound of the water boiling. Jinyoung had enveloped him in a hug before leaving for the bathroom. It had somehow become a routine every morning. Jinyoung would always hug Shinwoo as he greeted him before leaving to clean up. Shinwoo buzzed about the kitchen as he poured a bit of honey into each of the mugs and added the boiling water to the mix of honey and a tea bag. He admired his presentation skills and had actually thought of pulling out his DSLR just to get a shot of the bright blue dining table filled with food.

Jinyoung returned with neatly brushed hair and fully clothed, yawning still. "Looks delicious." He complimented as he took a seat at the table. His mouth watered at the sight of all the food. "Enjoy." Shinwoo said with a bright smile. Shinwoo chuckled when Jinyoung grabbed a couple pieces of toast as he wolfed down his cheese omelette. For someone so small, he sure ate a lot. Shinwoo couldn't help but feel proud of himself when Jinyoung praised his cooking. 

Shin Dongwoo was longer whipped. He was totally whipped.

 

Day 30:

Shinwoo watched as Jinyoung hopped into his lap, a crumpled piece of paper being waved in front of his face. Shinwoo wanted to tell Jinyoung to calm down but he himself was too flustered thanks to their current position. Jinyoung was practically straddling him for god's sake! "Shinwoo! Guess what! We've been invited for the christmas party this year!" Jinyoung squealed, bouncing up and down on his lap. Good god, this wasn't doing anything good for Shinwoo's brain that was fried by now, Shinwoo wasn't really surprised when the invitation reached their doorstep because he was invited to the party every single year but he understood why Jinyoung was so ecstatic. It was his first party on campus and a huge one at that. "You've been accepted into the popular crowd. Congratulations Jung Jinyoung." Shinwoo grinned and ruffled Jinyoung's hair, earning a disapproving grunt from him. "It's my first party ever!" Jinyoung squealed and hugged Shinwoo tightly. Shinwoo would be lying if he said that the hug wasn't making his heart beat ten times faster. Jinyoung topped it off with a friendly peck to the cheek. Shinwoo's face turned crimson red and he hid his embarrassed face behind his hood. "Shinwoo! Help me pick out an outfit. The party's in two days and I don't think I have anything decent to wear!" Jinyoung shrieked and jumped off Shinwoo's lap. He grabbed onto Shinwoo's hand and dragged him into his bedroom.

Shinwoo was pushed onto the bed and he stayed still so as to not mess up the neatly made bed. He'd been forced to watch Jinyoung as he changed into a thousand different outfits but he was more focused on the fact that this was the first time he was seeing Jinyoung shirtless and boy did Jinyoung look awesome shirtless.

 

Day 32:

The vibration from the bass in the song caused Shinwoo to shiver in displeasure. He was surrounded by a bunch of a drunk idiots as he surveyed Jinyoung who was moving around the room, socialising with the 'in' crowd. He hissed when one of the older females pressed her body against his, downing her a bottle of beer in the least attractive manner ever. Her short straight hair prickled Shinwoo's skin and all he wanted to do was shove her away and go home with Jinyoung at his side. "Want to go outside and talk a bit?" The female slurred in a 'seductive' tone. Shinwoo was pretty annoyed because he was sure that everyone on campus knew that he was gay but this female didn't seem to get the memo. "Fine." Shinwoo huffed and dragged the female outside to the backyard of the dorm. It was more or less empty outside sans some drunk guy lying down on the grass. The two took a seat on a swing, swaying back and forth as they did so. "My name is Sooyeon." The female introduced herself, sticking out a hand while the other traced the outline of Shinwoo's thigh. "And I'm gay." Shinwoo blurted out, not caring for the look of embarrassment that came over the female's face. "I-i'm sorry." She hurriedly muttered and dashed back into the house to drown in self-pity. Shinwoo kicked the ground and let the swing sway even more. He didn't even notice Jinyoung staring at him from the house, eyes filled with jealousy. Jinyoung grabbed a can of coca cola from the fridge and swaggered to the backyard, averting his gaze when Shinwoo eyed him. His jacket had torn after walking through a pack of drunkards and someone had spilt beer all over him so he was sure that he was quite a sight now.

Jinyoung joined Shinwoo on the swing without a word and placed the can of coke between them, not wanting to hand it to Shinwoo directly because he was still seething with jealousy. "Who was that girl?" Jinyoung asked bluntly, wincing at the tone of jealousy. "A random noona who was hitting on me." Shinwoo mumbled, puzzled by Jinyoung's tenseness. "What were you two doing?" Jinyoung asked again, his voice trembling. 

"Nothing." Shinwoo replied innocently.

"That's not what I saw." Jinyoung hissed, the warm coke burning his throat as he said it.

"It was really nothing." Shinwoo said defendingly. He was completely confused as to why Jinyoung was so pissed.

"Oh yeah. I guess her hand freakin feeling up your crotch was nothing. Your hand around her waist was absolutely nothing." Jinyoung bit back. He'd been trying to blink back the angry tears in his eyes. It wasn't even Shinwoo's fault that the girl liked him but he just wanted to direct his anger at someone else instead of himself because he felt stupid for getting so worked up.

"Why are you so mad?! I didn't even do anything wrong.". Shinwoo had raised his voice. The lump in Jinyoung's throat grew even bigger.

"You want to know why I'm so damn mad?" Jinyoung fought back. His facade was breaking.

"I ing love you! But of course you're too damn daft to notice! All you do is look at other people and I just end up ignored. I've been sending you signs since I stepped into that damn dorm room and you still haven't realised!" Jinyoung yelled, tears streaming down his face like a waterfall.

Shinwoo watched as Jinyoung broke down in front of him. He was shocked to say the least.

"You're so stupid Jung Jinyoung." Shinwoo chuckled and pulled Jinyoung into his arms.

"I ing love you too, dummy." Shinwoo said affectionately and pet Jinyoung's head like a cat. 

Jinyoung's head snapped up when he heard Shinwoo utter those words. Shinwoo's eyes showed nothing but sincerity. He really meant it. 

"I don't know how we're going to make a relationship work with two idiots in it but it will all fall into place for us." Shinwoo mumbled and pecked Jinyoung on the lips, receiving a long kiss full of love in return.

"I'm going to say this one more time. I ing love you, Jung Jinyoung."

 

A/N: In my opinion, this is probably the best thing I've ever written in my life :D do comment and subscribe ^~^ and if you don't mind, check out my other fics too~ 

Ordinary People

Holding Hands

Birthday Surprise

I Love You

More Than You Know

You're Not Old

Dr Feel Good

Tired