Chapter 5

If You Cannot

 

Chapter Five

 

It’s been two weeks now that I have been with these guys. As a routine, I would wake up Jungmin first, then Baby, then Kyu oppa. He then would wake up Hyun joong while I wake up Saengie.

 

Jungmin was as loud and playful as he was when we were kids, but he also became manlier over the years. Though we used to email each other, there are still many things I don’t know about him. He would always bicker with Baby. Maybe because he is the youngest and he is easy to bully. Kyu oppa would always be the one trying to make them stop. He was the one who would be always there to help me when I seemed troubled about the group. That’s why I call him oppa, he was like my brother Lee.

 

“Yah! You two stop running around and practice” I didn’t have to look up to guess who that was. It was their leader, Hyun joong. He is the most serious when it comes to practicing. His 4dness never fails to crack me up every time. Saengie on the other hand, can be really shy but once in a while he becomes this bad boy that makes you heart flutter fast. “Okay Mara no need to think about him, you have been very occupied by him lately.”

 

“Guys, take a break first and eat. I brought your dinner.” Upon hearing that I brought food they all stopped and went to the table.

 

“Waa Mara-sshi you bought a lot.” A excited Baby said.

 

“Kyu oppa can you call the dancers to eat as well, I bought enough for all of you” He nodded and quickly called them.

 

“Wae~ You call Kyu jong oppa but not us especially me.” As usual Jungmin was pouting.

 

“That’s because you’re carrot boy to me.”

 

“Yah! Jungmin ah, just eat.” Hyun joong said to stop him from bugging me.

 

“By the way guys, it’s already final that we will be releasing your solo songs a month from now. We have to shoot your individual shots for the jacket and a special music video for that. The president wanted it to be a special edition.”

 

“Jinjja? Then the demo we recorded passed their standards?” Saengie finally spoke when I thought he was too busy eating.

 

“De, speaking of which I have to go to the recording room right now. You’ll be done by 9pm right? Meet me at the room then, I have to discuss with you some parts that I want to improve.”

 

“Arasso, we’ll see you later.” I bid my goodbye’s to them and while winking at Jungmin. I hurried on to the recording room.

 

The door was open when I arrived and no one was around. “That’s weird, a staff should be here.” I didn’t turn on the lights like I usually do, only the study lamp on my desk. I was taking notes of what I want to change in the boys solo songs and the concept for their music video, when suddenly I heard a noise from the computer room. I stood up and went inside the computer room located at the far corner of the recording room.

 

“Anyone here?” I asked but no one answered. “Somebody left the computer running again, sheessh this kids,” I was about to turn it off when I noticed what was on the screen. ONE FILE COMPLETED. FOUR MORE PENDING. “What the—this are the boys demo songs who the hell is uploading this to another site?” I quickly click the button CANCEL and deleted the file that was already uploaded. I was about to go to the main page to see who was uploading it when I felt something hit my head and everything just went black.

 

“You should have just minded you own business little girl” A guy with a star tattoo in his left hand said to the unconscious Mara. He was about to start copying the files again when he heard voices near the room. “Guess I have to do it next time” He left Mara and quickly made his escape.