Chapter 4

If You Cannot

 

Chapter Four

 

That was a close call. We almost didn’t make it in time for their outdoor photo shoot. I turned around at the direction of the shoot and admire the professional work the boys are doing. During breaks they would be so adorkable, playing and teasing each other like kids. But when it’s time to work, they become different, they become idols that work hard and serious. I didn’t notice that  I was staring at them and most of all that Saengie was staring back.

 

“Omo!” I looked away when I noticed that Saengie was staring at me. And I couldn’t help but remeber what happened this morning when I was waking him up.

 

Flashback

 

“Carrot boy, are you serious? He’ll wake up if I do that?”

“Since when did you start not believing in me?” a pouting Jungmin said

 

“Arasso...Arasso” I knelt down close to the sleeping Saengie and leaned down to his ear to whisper what Jungmin told me. “Saengie baby, why are you leaving me lonely here, wake up baby.” As soon as I said the last words he turned around to see who was whispering at him. When he turned around his face was a mere inch to my mine. We were just staring at each other and Jungmin broke it with his very loud laugh.

 

“Umm...go wash up now Saengie, you’ll be late for your schedule” I stood up immediately and ran after Jungmin who was laughing hard.

 

End of flashback

 

“You know you should have kissed him a while ago instead of staring into space and thinking about it” I jumped from my seat and the papers I was holding flew in the air.

 

“Yah! Carrot boy! Stop scaring me like that. And I wasn’t thinking about that. You are so in trouble about what you did.” I began to pick up the papers I dropped.

 

“Here. Are you okay? Yah! Jungmin stop scaring her.” An angelic voice said and when I look up it was Saengie! “Umm...I’m okay, you can go back to the shoot” I blushed and stood up immediately.

 

“Mara-sshi that was for calling me Carrot boy all the time, I told you to call me Oppa. I’ll leave you two alone, I need to mesmerize the crowd in my shots” Then Jungmin left with that knowing smile.

 

“Did he just say mesmerize the crowd?” with that me and Saengie ended up laughing and the awkward air between us was gone. “Sorry about this morning Saengie, I didn’t know that Jungmin was playing a joke on me”

 

“I should be the one to apologize for what he did,” he said without looking at me but instead his focus was at the paper he was still holding. “Mara-sshi is this the new song for our solo songs? Whose song is this?”

 

“Omo! Anniyo don’t look at it. It’s not done yet” I was trying to grab it from him but he held it up and just gave me that smile that makes my blood rush. “Waeyo? Is this for me?” I couldn’t speak when he smiles at me like that. “Just kidding, I was only teasing you. Anyway I came to ask what is our next schedule”

 

“Hmm...You only have practice this day, so you’ll be stuck at the practice room.”

 

“Arasso. I’ll go back now. And oh, thanks for the breakfast. It’s good to have someone around who can cook.” He waved and went back to where the other boys were.