Why Now...?

Hey Boy

"It's fourteen Yeeun."

"No it's not! It's four and a half!"

Yoobin furrowed his eyebrows at the other. It was October, getting close to Halloween, and they had a midterm in Claculus coming up and the couple were already arguing on the first problem. They stared at each other while sitting at Yeeun's kitchen table, giving each other a look of confidence.

"It's fourteen Yeeun. Find the sine of that and then multiply it by 7." Yeeun did as Yoobin siad and sighed heavily. "I'm right, aren't I?"

Yeeun groaned. "I'm going to fail this final."

"No you're not.."

"Yes I am Yoobin! I can't even get the answer right for the first problem already!"

Yoobin wrapped his arms around Yeeun's waist from behind and rested his chin on her shoulder. "You are going to do fine. You're just stressing yourself out over it. Maybe you need to re-"

"I'm not resting" Yeeun shook her head "I can't rest. The midterm is in three days and-"

"That's plenty of time for you to relax. You've been studying for the midterm for the past two weeks. You need to relax a little and have a bit of fun for yourself before you pass out or get sick before the midterm even starts."

"I don't... know how to rest really..."

Yoobin laughed loudly.

"Yah! Not funny!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just thought you'd know how to relax" He pecked her lips lightly "I'll help you relax Yeeun. Don't worry. Now, let's get this math homework done so then we can go take a walk in the park." Yeeun smiled and turned her attention back to her homework. "So, would this question be using cosine and tangent?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeeun held Yoobin's hand tightly as he guided her to the big park near her house that Yeeun really never went to. They looked around and Yeeun smiled ot herself. It was really nice out with the sun going through the trees and seeing the animals run around and doing all the things they do. Yeeun rested her head on Yoobin's shoudler before looking up at him. "Thank you for this..." She whispered softly to him. He smiled and kissed her lips softly and she smiled in the kiss. They then sat down on the bench near the lake and Yeeun rested her head on his lap, sighing happily to herself. "You okay Jagiya?" Yoobin asked as he pulled some hair out of her face to look at her better.

"I'm great. Just this... It's so peaceful instead of trying to stay at home."

"Hm? Is your home hectic?"

"With JB and Min as my siblings, plus my two parents who are owners of a big company, there is no such thing as peace in the house unless Min is out, JB is sleeping, and my parents are gone or sleeping."

"Oh... It's just my parents, me and Miryo at my house. We're pretty hectic too, but we're so used to it that we call it peace." Yoobin laughed softly. Yeeun nodded and grabbed Yoobin's hand tightly, holding it close to her heart. Yoobin smiled and pulled her hand to get her to sit up. When she sat up, he kissed her lips gently before pressing a bit to make it deeper. Yeeun wrapped her arms around his neck and moaned lightly and then pulled away, blushing heavily. Yoobin smiled lightly and lifted her head up. "You like it~." He said teasingly. Yeeun hit his arm playfully and he laughed and hugged her tightly. "I love you Yeeun.."

She smiled softly while hugging him. "I love you too Yoobin." They then shared another deep kiss and this time Yeeun didn't pull back so fast. When she did pull back, she was panting and resting her  head against Yoobin's. "... Jagi?"

"Yeah Yeeun?"

"I'm thinking of trying out for JYP's audition thing at the school after the midterm."

"Jinjja? I was.. thinking of doing that too."

"Jinjja?! Maybe we can.. duet? You rap and I sing?"

Yoobin smiled and nodded.

"Good! Now we should go and practice. That's a best way to relax!" She said with a laugh and pulled her boyfriend with her. Yoobin just laughed and went along with it. 'Aish... She's always on the move with something.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Class! Please pass up your answer page first, your test second, and your scratch paper third!" The teacher yelled as the Calculus midterm was over. Yeeun sighed heavily and ran a hand through her orange hair and looked over at the gazing eyes of her boyfriend. He looked into her eyes and gave her a thumbs up and thumbs down, wondering if she thought she did good or not. She did a "so-so" motion and he nodded. Then the bell rang and Yeeun packed up her backpack as everyone else started to leave.

"You sure you think you did 'so-so' Yeeun-ah?"

Yeeun turned to Yoobin and shrugged. "I feel like I did 'so-so'. How did you think you did?"

"I think I did good. I should've studied with you since Freshman year. You really know study tactics that I didn't even know of."

Yeeun laughed a bit and put her backpack on her shoulders before picking up her notebooks and walking out of the class with Yoobin. "That's because I looked up on Google in case the study tactics my teachers tell me aren't effective and also I use to be a math tutor."

"Math tutor? Aish... Such a nerd."

"Yah!" She pushed his head gently. "Being smart isn't always a bad thing.."

"Of course not. It actually makes you more attractive." Yeeun blushed a bit and Yoobin wrapped an arm around her neck. "You know the seniors have their assembly right now, right?"

"... Aish I forgot!" They started walking a bit faster towards the gym and once they got there, they began looking for seats. Yoobin looked at her as Yeeun waved at Sunye and Jo Kwon who were sitting with her other friends. She looked at Yoobin and he just smiled. "Go ahead. I'll just sit with-"

"No" She shook her head "You can sit with us. They wouldn't mind."

"You sure?"

"Positive." She grabbed his hand and walked down the bleachers until they reached the far right up in the back where her friends sat. "Hey Yenny!" Jo Kwon said with a smile.

"Hey Kwonnie! Hey Sun! I brough Yoobin over here to sit with us, if that's okay."

"Of course it is!" Sunye said happily and looked at Yoobin. "Nice to finally get to talk to you again Yoobin."

Yoobin smiled softly. "Nice to finally talk to you again too Sunye. How's James?"

Sunye blushed and Yoobin laughed.

"I guess he's swooning you like I'm swooning Yeeun."

Now Yeeun was blushing.

"Wow Yoobin... How do you make girls blush?" Jo Kwon asked with wide eyes.

"Well-"

"Shh! The assembly is about to start!" Onew yelled and Yeeun and Yoobin turned around to see the principal walking up. Yoobin looked down at Yeeun's hand and then up again, slowly creeping his hand towards her before grabbing it and holding it. Yeeun looked at him and smiled before looking back at the principal.

"Seniors! We have called this assembly today to talk about the Winter Ball."

Everyone started to cheer and whistle. The principal laughed a bit and told them to calm down and they did.

"The Winter Ball will be in December, but you may start purchasing your tickets the week before Thanksgiving, so start saving up now, getting your date, finding your dress or tux, whatever you need. They will be 40 dollars and when it is near the date, it'll go up to 60." He then started talking about midterms and how he and the staff were glad the kids stepped up to the plate and got it done and then he talked about the audtions for JYP Entertainment. Yeeun gripped Yoobin's tightly and he looked at her, seeing the excitement in her face about it. Once everything was done, school was let out and Yeeun and Yoobin were by Yoobin's car rehearsing a bit. Well... more like rehearsing for a romantic scene filled with kissing.

"Yah, Yoobin-ah" Yeeun pulled away from the kiss with a pout "As much as I love kissing you, and believe me I do, we need to keep practicing our song." Yoobin groaned and rested his head on her shoulder with a pout. She chuckled softly and then they began singing the song to themself. When they finished the song Yoobin grabbed his guitar and handed it to Yeeun. She took it and looked at him. "I um... I bought it for you. I thought you'd like a guitar since you like playing guitar and don't have one yet." Yeeun heard Yoobin say and she smiled brightly before hugging him tightly with her free hand. He chuckled a bit and held her hand and looked at her. "You ready?"

She nodded excitingly. "Ne, I am. A bit nervous, but it should blow over once we get in there." He nodded and they started walking into the auditorium where the auditions were at. There were a bunch of teens there singing and talking amongst each other. They walked up to give their audition papers to the sign-in table and then they sat on the ground near a wall across from the auditorium door. Yeeun rested her head against Yoobin's chest and sighed happily before looking up at him. "You know I love you so much right now, right?"

Yoobin looked down at her and laughed a bit. "Ne, I know. I love you so much right now and forever too." Yeeun leaned up and kissed his lips sweetly before they were called. Yeeun got up and grabbed the guitar before walking into the auditorium with Yoobin. That's when she saw JYP in the flesh, along with young San-E and a producer of his. They stood in front of him and bowed politely. "So.. Ms. Park and Mr. Kim, you're going to sing 'We Are Young'. Did you both create this song?"

They both nodded. "Yes Mr. Park we did."

"Ah~, well go ahead and sing it for us if you will." JYP said with a soft smile. Yeeun sat down in a chair as Yoobin was standing up and they began to sing together. Yeeun was surprised that whenever Yoobin sang. Yoobin was a rapper, but his singing voice... it was amazing to her. After they finished the song, they bowed and they were told that they would be called to see if they got in or not.

"I think we did really well. You didn't mess up on the guitar either!"

Yeeun smiled brightly. "I think we did to and thank you Jagiya.. You're such a sweetheart."

"You want me to drive you home?" She nodded and he opened the car door for her before closing it and going to his side. He got in, buckled up, and the engine, backing up and driving off. "Yoobin-ah?"

"Ne?"

".... Have you talked to Taecyeon since.. the party?"

Yoobin stopped at a stop sign and sighed. "Yeah, I have. He says he's sorry for what he did to you, but what he did say was really true. He and I aren't friends anymore." Yeeun nodded lightly and kept silent, staring out the window. They had silence for the first time in a while, only hearing the radio play music from Boa and Rain and other singers. Yoobin stopped the car in front of Yeeun's house and turned to her, seeing her just getting out and walking away. He sighed heavily and just watched to make sure she got in the house okay before driving off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeeun put the guitar in the corner of her room and dropped her bag on her bed, groaning softly and rubbing her temples. Her head hurt from the midterm and from her thoughts about Taecyeon. She really wanted to know why he even thought of her that way when she considered them like siblings.

"Hey Noona."

Yeeun looked up and saw JB by her door. "Yeah Jaebum-ah?"

"... Umma needs you. Oh and Taemin Hyung says hi." Yeeun rolled her eyes. Her other little brother Taemin was the dancing boy who was training for SM. Yeeun stood up and walked downstairs.

"Jungah, I told you. You can't do it that way. It'll look weird."

"I like it that way though! It makes it taste good!"

"Yes, like you eat slightly burned macaroni and cheese."

Yeeun knew that voice anywhere: Her Appa, Jiyong (A/N: Kahi but as a guy), was back from his trip. Yeeun ran into the kitchen and smiled brightly. "Appa!!" She yelled happily.

Jiyong smiled and open his arms as Yeeun ran towards him to hug him. Jungah smiled softly at the reunion and then Yeeun looked over at her Umma. "What did you need me for Umma?"

"Well one to see your father, and two to see how the audition went."

"Umma... it was amazing. I was so nervous, but it was amazing."

"So, you guys did well?" Her Appa asked.

Yeeun nodded. "We did really well. Yoobin bought me a guitar, so I got to use the guitar instead of the audio disc I made."

Jungah and Jiyong shared a glance and then at their daughter. "... He seriously loves you. I think he should just marry you right now."

"A-A-Appa!"

"Jiyong!"

"What? I seriously like him right now. He makes our daughter happy. Really happy" He smiled and pinched Yeeun's cheeks "My cute daughter is in love~~."

Yeeun rolled her eyes and then looked at her Umma. "Where's Taemin?"

"Umm.. In the living room with his older friend Minho." Yeeun nodded and walked into the living room, seeing her brother. "Taeminnie!"

"Noona!" Taemin jumped up and hugged her tightly. "How are you noona? Everything okay?"

"Ne, everything's fine and I'm doing well. Just going through school like the nerdy older sister you know."

Taemin laughed and then looked at his friend. "Oh! Yeeun Noona, this is my good hyung, Minho. Hyung, this is my older sister I've been telling you about, Yeeun."

They both bowed respectfully. "Nice to meet you Yeeun Noona."

"Nice to meet you as well Minho. I'm sure you're taking good care of my brother?"

"Yes Noona. I treat him like he's my own brother."

"Ah~, good, good" Yeeun smiled and looked at Taemin "Are you guys debuting yet?"

"Aniyo. Mr. Sooman says maybe in a few months. Like.. April. I heard you tried for JYP's audtions for being a trainee that might debut in Feburary. Did you do well?"

Yeeun nodded. "I did do well. I did a duet with Yoobin-ah."

"Ah~. You're boyfriend." He laughed a bit.

Yeeun wacked his arm playfully. "Shut up! Anyway, I must go. It was nice meeting you Minho-ah." Minho smiled softly and Yeeun went back upstairs and she heard heer phone ring. She picked it up and noticed texts from Yoobin.

From: Handsome Boy

Yeeun you alright? I guess what I said hurt you I guess? I'm sorry..

Yeeun frowned a bit and sighed before reading the next one.

From Handsome Boy

Hey... I guess it's okay you won't talk to me. I really screwed up. I'm sorry I'm a bad boyfriend.

Yeeun groaned and sighed before calling his phone. He finally answered after the third ring. "Yeeun-ah..."

"If I wasn't actually on the phone and in front of you, I'd slap you for saying you're a bad boyfriend."

"But what I said-"

"Did'nt hurt me at all. My dad just came back from his trip so I wasn't near my phone to talk to you."

"Oh..."

"Yeah.. It's okay Yoobin. I'm not mad at you for it. It was just... a lot to take in. I just hate to see him in this kind of pain.."

"So.. You'd rather be with him?"

"Aniyo! I love you Kim Yoobin. Don't think or say otherwise. If I find out you did, I'll have to restrain you from my lips. Forever."

"... You seriously would do that?"

"Yes. You know I would."

Yoobin fell silent.

"Exactly. I have to go back to the school later.."

"Huh? Why?"

"The Winter Concert, remember? I'm the lead singer for it. I told you today by the car."

"... Was that before or after all of our kissing?"

"Before. I knew you weren't listening since you were staring at my lips" She began to put her shoes on and her keys in her pocket "Can you think of anything else besides my lips?"

"Well... I could, but we aren't at that stage yet where I could actually look at it."

Yeeun blushed and she went downstairs. "Umma! Appa! I'm going to the school for practice! I'll be back by dinner time!" She then walked out the door and began talking more to Yoobin. "I'm gonna get off the phone so I can drive correctly."

Yoobin laughed. "Arasso, I love you. Drive safe."

"I love you too Jagi and I will. Bye."

"Bye~." They hung up and Yeeun got into her car and started to drive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was about 7 and Yoobin was just finishing his homework when his phone rang. He noticed it was Sunye calling her. "Hey Sunye. What's up?"

"Yoobin..."

Yoobin noticed something was wrong due to the sadness in Sunye's voice. "Sunye, what's wrong? Did something happen?"

"... Yeeun was in a car accident Yoobin-ah."

Yoobin feel silent and all the blood drained out of his face.

"Yoobin?"

"What hospital? Is she alright?"

"She's fine. She broke a couple of ribs, had to get stiches on her head, and she's a bit bruised on her arms. The hospital close by your house is where she's at. She wants to see you."

"Alright... I'll be there quickly." He hung up and ran down the stairs to Miryo. He stood in front of her as she was reading a book and she looked up. "What?"

"I need to borrow your car."

"Why? Where's-"

"Appa is using it. Yeeun's in the hospital I need it now." Miryo could see the worry in his face and handed him the keys. He hugged her tight and ran out to her car and instantly drove to the hospital. When he got there, he saw JB, Sunye, and Yeeun's parents sitting down. he instantly walked over to them and bowed respectfully. "Mr. and Mrs. Park.. What's the news on Yeeun?" He asked worringly.

Yeeun's father stood up and looked at Yoobin. "She's awake. We all saw her, but she wants to see you" He sighed "Seems Taecyeon is a bad boy now."

"W-What do you mean sir?"

Yeeun's mother then stood up. "He ran into Yeeun's car intentionally to hurt her. The police are out looking for him now."

Yoobin's eyes widened. he couldn't believe it. "I-I see..."

"Ne, now go to our daughter. She really wants to see you." Yoobin nodded and walked towards Yeeun's room door and knocked on it gently before walking in. He saw her turn her head and smile a bit. They both kept quiet as he closed the door and walked over to her, sitting down in the chair next to the bed and holding her hand tightly. They stared into each other's eyes before tears feel down Yeeun's cheek. Yoobin wiped them gently and kissed the knuckles of her hand. "Don't cry my Queen... Why are you crying?"

"I just... Don't understand why he would do this to me.."

"He's mad that we're together instead of you and him Yeeun. Don't worry about it. You need to rest. You're in pain." He caressed her cheek and laid a sweet kiss on her lips. She smiled softly and as he started to get up, she held onto his hand tightly and he turned around to look.

"Please stay with me..."

He smiled and nodded, sitting back down.

"Always." In the back of his mind though, he wanted to beat Taecyeon up for doing something like this to Yeeun when she didn't do anything wrong. You will pay for this Taecyeon. I promise you that....