You Know When You Fall in Love When...

Hey Boy

"Yeeun-ah! Aish.. You walk so fast!" Sunye yelled as she ran up to your friend, Park Yeeun.

Yeeun turned her head to her friend, smiling a bit. "Mianhaeyo. You know how I am on the first day of school! Getting my schedule and such!"

"Yes. That schedule that's packed full of classes that made you like a college student." Sunye said, laughing a bit.

Yeeun rolled her eyes.

"Yah! I'm serious! You seriously are crazy with your AP classes!"

Yeeun shrugged. "It's not my fault I'm smart and I passed the AP classes with the highest score." Yeeun wasn't lying. She got a 5 on the 1-5 scale on the AP, or Advanced Placement, test. It was on 4 of her 6 classes. The other two were Chorus, which she was in Advanced Chorus since she was in the class since freshman year, and Music Theory. Being one of the most intelligent kids of the school yet one of the popular kids was hard on Yeeun that it brought stress since she was always doing homework and sometimes getting picked on by her own popular friends for being a nerd.

"They should've let you skip a grade or something. I mean really.. You are one of the intelligent kids that will have a bright future ahead of them!"

"As do you Miss 'Omo.. I have one of the most angelic voices of all time!'" Yeeun chuckled lightly and walked into the school that had kids roaming through the hallways "Anyway, did you get your schedule mailed to you?"

"Yeah. Did you?"

"I did, but my mom told them about a mistake on it, so I have to go to the office to see if they have my new one." Sunye nodded and walked with Yeeun to the office and that's where Yeeun stopped once she got in the office and her eyes were glued to a certain boy. Kim Yoobin. One of the iest and most caring popular guys in the school.

"Hey Yoobin!" Sunye said with a bright smile, making the boy turn and smile.

"Oh hey Sunye!" Yoobin then looked at Yeeun and her smile turned soft "Hey Yeeun. How are you two today?"

Yeeun smiled a bit. "I-I'm good.. Just here to get my schedule changed."

"Oh? So am I! They put me in Honors Pre-Calculus when I need to be in AP Calculus."

"Me too! They probably screwed up a lot of AP Calc kids then.."

Yoobin smiled softly at the assistant giving him his schedule and turned back to Yeeun. "Yeah I heard from a lot of kids they messed up a lot of kid's math classes this year. Unlike last year when they screwed up people's Electives."

"Aish.. Maybe it's because we have too many people in this school that they got confused."

Yoobin laughed softly and then patted Yeeun's shoulder. "If we get the same class, I'll be sure to sit net to you."

"Mwo? Waeyo?"

"Well two smart kids need to stick together. Especially if one of them is very pretty and beautiful like you." Yoobin smiled warmly before walking out. Yeeun stood there, shocked for a few seconds before shaking her head a bit and asked for her schedule change. Luckily, they did as her mother had asked. She walked out with Sunye and Sunye just watched her best friend in silence, nodding every now and then to her talking but mostly watching her motions. Seems Yoobin left a huge effect on her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoobin walked to his lunch and noticed Yeeun sitting alone. it was odd to him since she was always crowded by boys and girls that either liked her, wanted to date her, or just admired her. He walked over and sat down in front of her. "Hey."

Yeeun looked up from her book and stopped mid-chewing and smiled a bit before covering . "Hey Yoobin. What's up? I thought you usually-"

"I do, but you seem.. Lonely. What happened with all your friends?"

Yeeun chewed her food all the way before answering. "Sunye went with her friend Jo Kwon to the chorus room to chat with the chorus teacher about the winter concert and the musical, Onew went with his buddies to that chicken place down the street, and all my fanboys and fangirls left because I asked them too and wanted to be by myself today."

"Oh.. S-So you want me to leave?"

Yeeun quickly shook her head. "Aniyo, aniyo! It's just the fangirls and fanboys are so overwhelming and sometimes scary that I need my own space, you know?"

Yoobin nodded.

"So, are you gonna have lunch with me then? Or go with your buddies? I don't mind whichever you do."

"I'll eat lunch with you. Just let me get some food." Yoobin smiled and got up from the table to get in line. Yeeun smiled and watched Yoobin walking away before going back to her book. She was reading her summer reading book for the fifth time. It was so good to her since she could relate to a lot of things and it was a good fantasy book.

Yoobin watched the other from afar and smiled lightly. He really didn't know why he felt so... different around her. Usually, all the girls would run up to him and tell him how hot he was or whatever, but Yeeun never did that and it actually made him a bit happy. He quickly got his lunch and walked back over to Yeeun, still sitting across from her. "So, is that your summer reading book for AP Advanced Composition?"

Yeeun nodded and looked up from her book. "It's the fifth time I'm reading it. It's the greatest book I've ever read since 8th grade!"

Yoobin laughed.

"What? It's so good!"

"Well of course it's good in your case. You like reading the Night World series."

"And you don't?"

Yoobin fell silent. Everyone did like it, but Yoobin didn't ever have the chance to read it. He was reading Max Payne instead of the Night World Series.

".. Yoobin?"

"I didn't read it. I was reading Max Payne."

"Omo.. I read that over the summer too!"

"Jinjja?"

Yeeun nodded. "Ne~! I always wanted to read that book. I love it so much. Great piece of novelty."

Yoobin smiled more at Yeeun's statement and they began talking more about their classes and realized they had all the same classes, especially their math class. It was creepy a bit though to them. They didn't even notice they were in the same classes today. Nor did they realize they had more interests than others they know. 'Maybe... We should talk more now that we know each other more.' Yoobin thought then he heard the bell ring for sixth period. "Shall we head to class together Yeeun-ah?" Yoobin as the girl. Yeeun smiled as she grabbed her three notebooks and her history book and nodded. He smiled and walked side-by-side next to her.

By the end of the day, the swore they were still talking to her constantly because they seemed to be perfect to each other. They had been in classes together in the past since seventh grade, but they never really talked unless it was group or partner work. "Yeeun let me drive you home. It's bad to go home by yourself."

"Aniyo~, I can walk-"

"Yah! Yoobin-ah!" A voice yelled from behind them. Yoobin turned around and sighed. It was Taecyeon and his buddies: Seunghyun (who goes by T.O.P.), Seungri, Taeyang, Chansung, Wooyoung, Junsu, Nichkhun, and Junho.

"Hey Taec, what's up?"

"You wanna-" He stopped and saw Yeeun behind Yoobin "What are you doing with Yeeun?"

"I'm gonna take her home since she doesn't have anyone to walk with. Why?"

"Oh... I just wanna to know if you wanna go to Seunghyun's party tonight and we should hang right now at the gas station."

"Umm.." Yoobin looked over at Yeeun.

"Yoobin, you can-"

"I'm taking Yeeun home" Yoobin turned to Taecyeon "I'll meet you guys at the party if I'm not overloaded with homework on the first day. I have Lit. and Calc. homework." Taecyeon sighed and shook his head before waving and walking away with his other buddies.

"Yah, why did you-"

"I didn't want to go with him. He and his posse are always drinking and smoking up by the gas station and I'm not into that. I'm taking you home." Yeeun heard the seriousness in his voice and nodded. As she got in his car, she watched him get in the driver's seat and she turned his head to him.

"Mwo? What is it?"

"Nothing. Just... Don't get worked up with them, okay? I can understand why you wouldn't want to go there."

"... How do you-"

"Gyuri. Before she became the way she was, she used to smoke and drink a lot due to her father and I was always with her trying to help her cope. I know Taec's story of why he's in that gang of his too."

Yoobin's eyes widen.

"Yep. Taec and I were best friends before he joined it in the seventh grade. He used to be my 'knight and shining armor' because I'm a girl who can't protect herself" She sighed and leaned back in her seat "Now, take me home, ne?" Yoobin nodded and his car, backing up out of his parking spot before driving off. As he was driving, he couldn't help but think about the female next to him. How beautiful she was inside and out despite the hardships she went through.

He stopped in front of her house and parked. "Well, here's your house." He said softly with a smile.

Yeeun smiled and looked at Yoobin. "Thanks Yoobin for driving me home. You're a sweet guy."

Yoobin smiled more as Yeeun got out. "Oh Yeeun-ah!"

Yeeun turned around, tilting her head.

"You wanna... You wanna go to that party with me? I don't wanna go alone and I feel more comfortable around you than anyone else."

Yeeun smiled brightly and nodded. "Sure! What time will you pick me up?"

"Mm... 7 o'clock?"

"Arasso! I'll be waiting!" Yeeun said with a playful wink and waved before running into your house. Yoobin waved back and drove off with a smile. Now he had a reason to look nice.