Chapter 2

Were You Happy?

CHAPTER 2

What. In. The. World. I felt as though I had been chosen to go up as a tribute to the Hunger Games like Primrose, only there was no Katniss Everdeen to step up and take my place. I looked up at the stage to see that some of the members had a weird expression of 'why-is-there-a-boy-in-a-all-girls-school'. Even the MC looked slightly surprised and went to confirm with a teacher, who then told them it was the name of a girl. The MC went back. "Sorry about that. We were just slightly confused. There's nothing bad about your name Jinwoo shi, it is a very nice name actually." Yeah, I thought, yeah right. I sighed. I really hoped maybe Big Bang's Monster would play since it's a very popular song so that I wouldn't get chosen. But my sixth sense was tingling. And I'm not sure I like it very much.

"Okay, let's play the song now." The song that began playing was...

 THE FREAKIN' GUMMY BEAR SONG.

"Ohhh I'm a gummy beaar, yes I'm a gummy bear, Oh I'm a yummy tummy funny looking gummy bear..."

Why, oh why must it be you. The whole gym was bursting out with laughter. I looked at the MC, the teachers and the EXO members. Everyone, and I mean everyone, even Teacher Rok, was laughing, some rolling on the floor and some even crying. I looked over at Belle and I could tell she was almost at the point of peeing in her pants. There's a reason why my ipod is so important to me. It's because most people don't understand my choice of songs. Yes, I do listen to Kpop and other hit songs. I do listen to American songs too, such as Jason Mraz and Bruno Mars. But at the same time, I really enjoy classical music from Bach and Debussy. Mostly though, I enjoy the weird commercial tunes and cute techno style songs such as Alvin and the Chipmunks style or the Snuggle Bunny song. And because of this, I never allow anyone, not even Belle, to listen to my ipod. I sighed.

The MC got back up and took the mic again. "Hahaha, okay, well, clearly we have a winner in our hands today, don't we? Roh Jinwoo shi, you are our lucky winner! Please come on up." I start to feel many pairs of eyes looking at me, most in a threatening 'i'll-kill-you-if-you-go-up' manner. I turned to see Belle giving me a smile serial killers make when they get caught in the middle of cutting off someone's limb and a thumbs up. Very comforting. I sighed again and got up, slowly walking towards the stage. Of death. Since our class was seated at the very back, it took a while to get past everyone but when I was about one metre away, I felt the floor come and greet me. Actually, it was more like my foot having contact with another leg causing my face to go forward and greet the floor. Okay. I was tripped. I looked up to see a girl's face smiling at me. Not those angellic smiles, but the ones you give before killing someone. I got up, face red with embarrassment and walked up to the stage. As I walked up, I heard some snickers and whispering of some not-so-nice things. Very mature, I thought. The MC greeted me with a smile.

"Hi Jinwoo shi! Thanks for giving us all a great laugh. You have a very peculiar song taste. Well, since you're our lucky winner, tell us a bit about yourself!" I turned to face the MC and then the audience. Seriously, what do you want me to say? "Hi, I'm Roh Jinwoo." He took over again. "Haha okay, I see. Nice to meet you Jinwoo shi.." Hey, that rhymed! "..in EXO?" What, why does this always happen to me?! "Sorry, can you repeat that?" Again, I heard some snickers coming from the audience. "Who's your favourite member in EXO?" He repeated kindly. Honestly, I almost wanted to give this dude a hug for being so understanding and not annoyed by my lack of an attention span. I looked at all the members trying to remember a name or something but nada. After mentally cursing myself for being so bad at names, I replied, "I like all of the members." I could see from the corner of my eyes that the EXO members were happy with my reply as many of them were smiling to one another. "Aw, me too! All the members are really handsome and amazing dancers, aren't they?" I nodded. "But which one do you like the most?" Forgot what I said earlier. I now want to slap this dude. Why can't you just accept my answer?? I sighed and looked over to try and find Belle, who luckily sneaked up to the front. She mouthed a name to me, knowing my memory with names . I tried to read her lips. "I like Roohwan" I said with confidence, feeling successful. I looked at Belle again to see her facepalm. A sudden outburst of laughter was heard to my right, where the members were standing. The really tall one with blondish hair and the awkward looking one were laughing first but then the other members joined. Soon, the rest of the people were laughing as well. I really wanted this day to end. The amount of embarrassment I received today was probably equal to the amount of meat Jeongyoon eats in a year, which is about the amount the can feed an entire nation.

The MC began, "I'm really starting to like you. Do you maybe want to become a comedian because you would be darn sucessful! Since there's no "Roohwan" in EXO, I think I can conclude that you meant to say "Luhan". Am I right?" I slowly nodded my head to avoid even more embarrassment. "Let's have Luhan come and sing you a song then." He said, a little too happily. The really adorable one who I'm assuming to be is Luhan stood next to me and smiled. A real genuine smile that I haven't seen in such a long time. It was so familiar that I think I almost cried. That's when he started to sing. He was singing their song Angel and I never realised till then what a beautiful voice he had. I don't remember when he finished but it wasn't until he came and gave me a small hug that I came back to Earth. I could hear the entire school erupt with screams and all the girls were shouting. Quickly, I backed away from him and at that moment, the MC was back. "Our lucky winner seems to have enjoyed that moment huh? Well, now that that's over, Jinwoo shi, I hope you'll enjoy your couple of months with EXO!.." What did he mean by couple of months with EXO? Wait...there's something I'm not understanding. Wasn't just being up here on the stage the prize? "..With EXO's History!" I stood there, confused again until the MC brought me off the stage to watch EXO perform their final song.

"OH MY GOD JEOU YOU LUCKYBUTTYOU." Belle yelled, as she ran up to tackle me. "I can't believe you were chosen out of all the people in our school, and that you have such weird songs on your ipod. No wonder why you never let me listen to it." Rolling my eyes, I told her, "Thanks Belle. Very much appreciated." Ignoring my sarcasm, she began to walk around me suspiciously.
"So...Jeou. I was wondering. What do you think about all this? You actually get to spend a couple months with them." What I think? "Bangmi, I can't explain how I feel, since I don't even know what's happening. What's all this about me spending time with EXO??" "Hey, don't call me that. And don't play dumb. Didn't you hear what the prize was?" I shook my head, causing Belle to give me an exasperated look. "I should have known. The Jinwoo who has the attention span of a goldfish. Okay, listen carefully now and don't zone out this time. The prize that you just won was that you, plain ol' Roh Jinwoo, get to spend three months, three entire months with EXO. Not as the makeup artist or manager but as a VIP fan! You even get to stay at their dorm every weekend! Speaking with all honesty, Jeou, I think you should enjoy this time since hanging out with these guys will probably be the closest thing you'll get to a boyfriend."