Chapter 4

Were You Happy?

CHAPTER 4

How is it possible for there to be a snowstorm in February? Shouldn't it feel like spring is coming by now? It was bad enough that the weather was below freezing and that it was late at night, but now I'm also stuck in an unfamiliar area with twelve guys. Thanks Mothernature, your timing never ceases to amaze me. I looked to see my white pair of hightop converse. Perfect. The best pair of shoes to walk through half a meter of snow. I sighed.

"Jeou ah. I know you have to go home but considering the time it is now and the weather..it's best if you don't go out. Why don't you stay here for the night? I'll call to let Boksoo hyung know, but I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. Just pretend we're recording a variety show...like Infinite's I Am Your Oppa." Suho suggested, receiving approval from the other members as well. I thought for a while. It won't be that bad right? Staying in a dorm with twelve guys who you've known for a week in a place that's miles away from home. No big deal. No big freakin' deal.

"Thanks Suho shi, your kindness has touched me but there's already so many people here..and the place isn't that big either. I don't want to be an inconvenience to you. My younger brother is also waiting at home too, so I don't want to leave him by himself." I tried to think of some type of excuse so that I wouldn't be a bother to them. They were kind enough to me as it is and they probably have schedules early in the morning, so early the roosters probably aren't even cockadoodledoo-ing.

"You're not any trouble, Jeou. It's okay. Besides, even if you do leave now, I don't think you'll make it back home safely which will only worry your brother more. Call him and let him know that you can't make it home tonight. We'll handle the rest." Luhan said, giving me that smile again. I realized this was the first time I've actually spoken to him since the concert. He's usually quiet when I'm around so I'm kind of surprised that he was the one to speak up.

"Yeah, Luhan hyung is right. Just stay here tonight noona, there's no way we will agree to let you go home on your own in this kind of storm. You can stay in my room for tonight. I'll sleep in Luhan and Lay hyung's room," Sehun said, showing me his awkward aegyo. He must be the cutest maknae in the whole industry of idols. How does his hyungs even handle him. Too cute, he reminds me of Jeongyoon so much when he was ten. Now that he's going through puberty, Yoon acts so cold towards me.

"I don't know how to thank you guys...Then I'll call my brother to let him now," I quickly pulled out my phone to see about three missed calls and five messages. Uh-oh. I'm so dead.

8:49 p.m. Twerpyoon: Jeou. You're late. You said you'll be home after dinner. Where are you stupid.
9:25 p.m. Twerpyoon: WHERE ARE YOU. Oh and on your way home, buy me some hot cocoa. It's getting so cold these days.
9:55 p.m. Twerpyoon: Okay, ignore my phonecalls and messages. Jinwoo. Come home now.
10:19 p.m. Twerpyoon: Roh Jinwoo. What are you trying to play here. There's a storm. WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?
10:30 p.m. Twerpyoon: Noona, if you don't call me back in 15 minutes, I'm going out to look for you.

I'm in for some deep  sweet honey iced tea. I checked the time to see it was 10:44 p.m. Quickly pressing the speed dial to Jeongyoon's number, he picked up after two rings.

"OH MY GOD ROH JINWOO. WHY DIDN'T YOU PICK UP? I WAS SO WORRIED. WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR?" I had to pull the phone away from my ears. But hearing this kind of makes me happy. Oh you don't know how much I love you, Yoonie.

"I love you, Yoonieeee. Sorry for making you worried. I was eating dinner with some...friends and went to wash the dishes after. I didn't know it was already so late and forgot to check my phone. Jeongyoon ah, I don't think I can make it home tonight, considering there's like...five feet of snow outside. I'll be staying over at my friends' house so don't worry."

"Okay..I understand. But check your phone next time. Wait...you're at a friend's house? Who? Belle?" Oh no. I can't say I'm staying with twelve guys. Twelve hot guys. But I still can't. Think, Jeou. Think.

"Uh...It's a friend you don't know. Anyways, it's nothing to worry about. I'll be home tomorrow morning and bring you your favourite breakfast, okay? Don't stay up too late gaming. Goodnight, Jeongyoon<3<3<3"

"Ew, noona. That's gross. Don't speak in that cutesy voice ever again. Night." He hung up right after. Do you think Jeongyoon's bipolar? Because for one second, he's all aegyo and like a fluffy unicorn but the next, he becomes Jack Frost and gives you the shut-up-and-die tone of voice. But still. He's the cutest. I must have some type of brother complex.I smiled, looking at my phone again. Behind me, I heard footsteps approaching.

"Jeou, here's some clothes for you to change into. It's getting late, you should wash up and sleep." Luhan told me, handing me a huge comfy-looking tshirt and towel.

"Thanks Luhan," I took the clothes, smiling.

"You got my name right this time," He replied laughing. "I'm just playing with you," Luhan added quickly though, after seeing my face turn red. "Anyways, I overheard your conversation a little. You seem really close with your brother. How old is he?" Well, that's embarrasing. I hope he didn't hear me using my baby voice when I said goodnight.

"Jeongyoon's fifteen this year, though he acts like he's five. Since we have a similar personality, we get along well," Why is Luhan interested in my brother? He gave me that genuine smile of his again. When he smiles, he really looks like her.

"It must be nice to have a sibling..I've always wanted a younger sister myself haha,"

"Younger siblings are nice. I tend to spoil him too much though. Luhan, I think I can imagine you having a younger sister. You'd probably spoil her to death. And develop a huge sister complex while you're at it," I told him honestly. He probably took it as a joke though, as he was chuckling pretty hard.

"Hahahaha Jeou, you're really weird. But I can't say what you just said wouldn't be true. You should sleep soon, I won't bother you anymore. Goodnight," He told me and slowly walked to his room.

"Goodnight Luhan," He's a strange fellow. But somehow, there's something about him that makes me so interested and I can't help but think he's like a mystery just waiting to be solved.