Time Will Tell To My Love

The Chaser

 

As I hoped you guys saw in the story feed, my stupid mouse accidentally shut down Firefox, so everything I worked on for Chapter 3 got deleted, so I have to start all over again and I can't stop cursing about it. So I wasn't very happy afterwards, so excuse my very monotone and emotionless typing here and sorry guys. But I have it now, so enjoy.

P.S. What I had before it got deleted will most likely be here. Not exactly word by word, but close enough, because luckily I have a good photographic and recent memory, so I'm able to get most of what I lost back on here. Fortunately I hadn't gotten too far in the chapter, or else I would've gone mad.

Also, this is what I wrote here before everything got deleted: I struggled with the first two chapters because it was difficult thinking of things that established future chapters and the entire story, but now I understand why I wrote all of that.

So without further ado, I present to you Chapter 3.

 


 

Oh she's back
She's back
She's back
She's back
Oh she's back (she's back)
Oh she's back (she's back)
She's back

My spine shivered from Woohyun's perfect voice. He can hit the high notes on key and hold it for as long as he wants. He's been practicing since he was young, after all.

 

"Cho Ae! Cho Ae!" Woohyun called, beckoning me to come to him. "Listen to me!"

I ran to him and climbed onto the bench in front of the grand piano. As soon as I found my comfortable spot and turned my attention to him, he began to sing. All those lessons have paid off and I found myself swaying along to the music. When he finished, I clapped.

"Wow, Woohyun. Daebak!" I praised.

"Kamsahamnida!" He grinned. Then he grabbed my hands and lifted them up to his face. "One day I'll write a song for you and sing it, okay?"

I blushed, then nodded. "Okay. I will look forward to that day."

 

And today was that day.

Although the song was written by all seven of them, it still doesn't change the fact that it was meant for me and I am thankful for their hard work.

Geunyeoga naege onda-onda-onda
Shiganeul neomeo onda-onda-onda
Yeongweonhi hamkke handa-handa-handa
Don't you know (Oh oh yeah)

"Yeah!" The seven of them cheered as they high fived and complimented each other. Then they turned to me. "Do you like it?"

I grinned. "Of course I do! Since you guys wrote it for me, I am grateful."

"Of course you do," Myungsoo repeated, craning his head forward to Woohyun, who sat two seats away from him, "she's grateful."

"Ahaha!" Sungyeol laughed, pointing to Woohyun. "You heard that?" He questioned informally.

"Yah!" Woohyun reached over past Myungsoo to Sungyeol. "Don't talk to me informally! I'm still your hyung!"

Sungyeol scoffed. "Only by a few months."

"What did you say?" Woohyun stood up, daring Sungyeol to do it again.

"Mianhe, hyung!" Sungyeol flinched, getting off his seat to hide behind Sunggyu next to him.

Woohyun smiled. "Good." He sat back down then focused his attention on me. "So you really like it?"

I nodded. "Yeah!" My brows furrowed. "Why wouldn't I like it?"

He shook his head. "No reason."

"Okay~ So where are you guys planning to sing this song?"

"At Hyo Yun noona's party, of course," Sungjong answered with a smile.

"It'll give us some exposure to more people," Sunggyu added.

I nodded once more. Kim Hyo Yun is one of my closest friends, besides the boys, and one of the wealthiest, too. Her parents work alongside mine in one of the most influential entrepreneurial businesses in South Korea, so it wasn't a surprise when she informed me that she was throwing a party during summer at her huge mansion. She always has the next big thing ready to show off, and when she invited INFINITE to perform at her grand party, she knows that they'll be famous one dayas I've anticipated it all alongand she'll be the first one to give them the exposure that they need. And even though I love her, it's a little over the top.

"We're going to sing this song," Woohyun answered my unspoken question. He smiled. "It's a perfect song for summer and it'll be like our debut song."

"And the perfect song for the perfect girl," Myungsoo cut in, emphasizing "perfect girl" as he smirked at Woohyun. Woohyun bowed his head in embarrassment.

"Wae?" I asked, watching them with my brows furrowed.

Myungsoo shook his head, still smirking. "It's nothing, Cho Ae."

I shrugged, not going to let myself think about what that meant too much. "So do you guys have a dance for this song?" I glanced at Hoya. He shook his head.

"We're just going to sing the song and let everyone make up their own dance."

"Ah," the rest of the members echoed in unison. "That's a great idea!" Dongwoo exclaimed. "Hoya, daebak!" Hoya nodded with confidence.

"Okay guys," Sunggyu joined his hands together, "let's practice this again."

"Wae~" The rest of them whined. "Why can't we have a break?"

"Yah! You kids just had a break! You'll get another one after we practice one more time."

"Fine~"

Sunggyu nodded, then reached over to press the play button on the stereo system.

 

----

 

"I thought you finished your homework."

I glanced behind my shoulder to find Woohyun walking towards me. I watched as he took a seat beside me and peeked over at the paper in front of me. "I did. I'm just going over my answers."

He nodded. "Okay." We sat in silence as my eyes followed the lines of the words I wrote on the paper. "You're not going anywhere this summer, right?"

I lifted my head up and glanced up to my left. I shook my head. "Nope. I don't think so. Why?"

"Because you always leave every summer when your parents need to travel abroad for important business meetings." He pouted. "I never get to spend time with you during those times."

"Oppa~" I placed my hand on his arm. "Don't worry, I asked my parents if they had any types of meetings abroad at any time during summer, and they said no."

"They might have an emergency meeting. You know those have happened before."

I sighed and nodded. "I know. But they assured me that they don't have anything, so now I'm assuring you that I'll be staying this summer."

"Chincha? You promise?"

I held out my pinky to him. He entwined his around mine and I nodded. "I promise."

He grinned and wrapped his arms around me. "Yay, Cho Ae gets to stay!" He then held up his arms to make a huge heart over his head. I turned my head away in embarrassment.

0e8783dd.gif

I laughed. "Ah, oppa~" I hear the apocalypse from the living room and my name being called by six damsels in distress. "I'll be back. I guess they need help with slaying another dragon." I rolled my eyes as Woohyun chuckled. I set my stuff on the empty space of the bench beside me and went off to save the princes.

 

— Woohyun's POV

 

I watched as Cho Ae ran inside the house to put out whatever fire the guys started. I bowed my head down and laced my fingers together before gazing up toward the sky.

Somehow I wished that she won't know the true reason why we wrote the song. Fortunately, she didn't, and the corners of my lips pulled up into a smile. She was always clueless to who liked her, and she would never have any idea until they would confess to her.

I glanced behind my shoulder at the princess saving the six idiots' lives in her own home and chuckled softly. She was everyone's savior, someone who they all looked up to and wanted to be. I just wish I could save her from Kris.

But I'll have to be patient. It's like what one of the lines in our song said: Time will tell to my love.

 


 

This is one of those rare moments when we get to see what it's like through Woohyun's eyes. I'm hoping this is the only time when you'll see Woohyun narrating. I was about to publish this chapter as She's Back, but I guess I realized that it sounded better as Time Will Tell To My Love.

And I'm not too furious about the whole window shutting down now because this new chapter helped me hugely for future ones.

Oh, and that link right at the beginning of this chapter (obviously) leads to the She's Back MV. I had a difficult time figuring out how to paste the embed in here, until I saw a short tutorial that showed how to show it. But the whole video looked pretty busy, so I may as well just put the link in here to direct you to Youtube and listen to it on a different tab while reading.