~Departure

Just Another Foreigner

 

"Rose!" I heard a voice from the front yard. I looked out my window, it was my mother "You're going to miss your plane!". " Coming Mom!" I yelled back. The day has finally come, the day my dream comes true or me living in Seoul, South Korea. I ran out to the front yard, I seen all my bags in the car, packed away roughly like my mother just threw them there. Maybe she is glad I'm leaving. I got in the car, and my mom put the car into drive.
 
 
We arrived at the airport 10 minutes early,  I kind of wish we had left earlier, but something made me want to give my room another good look, I didnt plan on seeing it again anytime soon. What I mean by that is, I hate this place. I hate everyone around me, with the exception of my best friend, Emma. We've been through thick and thin together. I knew her for so long, I almost forget all of our memories together. The only depressing thing about me going to Korea, Is that Emma had her heart set on living in Tokyo, Where mine was set for in Seoul. On the positive side, it would be its only a two hour plane flight from Tokyo to Seoul.  We plan to visit each others houses when we get settled in, and are working.

I alrady have this cute one bedroom apartment rented, and ready for me to move into. Right in the center of Seoul. So I can go do different things each day, and since its in the center, I can hopefully get a job a walking distance away. A thing I'm quite proud of is that I saved up enough money for me to live in that apartment for a month without working. I did that on purpose just incase I couldnt get a job right away. As a lot of people say though, foreigners a very well liked in Korea, especially ones with blonde hair and blue eyes. I guess i'm very lucky then, I have long curly blonde hair down to my waist, and a deep set of blue eyes.  Maybe I'll even get a boyfriend while i'm living here. Just thinking about it makes me giggle. 
 
You know what I did? I combined two of my dreams into one. My two life long goals. One was me moving to Seoul, The other one, was a little impossible for me when I was younger. See I always wanted to be a model, and now I can, my waist is 26 inches which is a big improvement from what I used to be. I was always picked on In junior high and down, So I decided to change my life around. If theres one thing that my grandmother taught me, It was I can do anything I want. You just have to have the right attitude about it. If your always negative about your dream coming true, saying things like its impossible, only makes it impossible. Think really hard about something you really want in life. Believe in yourself doing that, Say to yourself " This will happen! My dream will come true." And never believe anyone who says differently.  Thats almost the secret to life. Or we could call it the secret to sucess. 
"Boarding plane 183, flight to Seoul." I heard on the speaker. I hugged my mom good bye, and walked onto the plane without looking back.