I am Bae Ji Woo

Mythology

                “yes, we will meet again. I will always remember your face, so in another life, we can recognize each other easily”

                “oppa, what if....”

                “i will find you. Time will find us. There’s nothing you should get afraid of. I love you”

                “Bae Sue Ji!” the teacher woke her up. She slept in the class, she was just really sleepy and need some rest after working on her homeworks last night.

                “i’m sorry” she bowed her head, and people in class started to laugh.

                She didn’t understand what the teacher was talking about. All she could think about was her bizzare dreams. There was a girl, crying and called her with oppa. she was a young boy in her dream. She scratch her head, confused.

                It was blurry but she clearly could see the girl’s face. It was her, but the weird thing was, she looked incredibly different. Long black hair, hanbok as her dresses.

                She decided to start writing what the teacher’s wrote on the board, and considered it as a random dream. It wasn’t that special.

--

She couldn’t get this off her mind. Why would see got a dream like that? In a really, bizzare way?

                “Ji Woo Oppa! how are you? It’s been a long time”

                “Hyerin-a! I’ve missed you so much. How is your husband?”

                “he’s.... fine. You know, that was not such an important thing to ask” they giggled, “how is your wife?”

                “she’s fine and she’s pregnant now. You know, that was not such an important thing to ask”

                She felt slight pain but she smiled, “good for her”

                “i always imagined that it was you” he gave her a bittersweet smile before continued, “but we both know that we will meet in another life so i don’t have to worry”

                She shrugged her shoulders, what was that again? That girl, she assumed her as the lost twin in a different century named Hyerin. She had no idea who she was and why she always appeared in her mind.

                And why was she a young boy in her dreams? And why the girl named Hyerin called her with Ji Woo Oppa?

                Wait, her mom ever told her about reincarnation things. It is a philosophical concept that the soul or spirit, after biological death, begins a new life in a new body that may be human, animal or spiritual depending on the moral quality of the previous life's actions. But, that was really silly and she would never believe in reincarnation. She only lived once.

                “please, i want Hyerin on my side now”

                She could hear the young man’s whisper it felt like his whisper are coming from , begging and she could hear his voice was really low and weak and then breathless, he died. She shooked her head. What the hell was i thinking about?

                “Sue Ji-ya! Did you know about the new student in our class?” Jihyo, shocked her when she was thinking about her thought. And Sue Ji just grinned.

                “i don’t know” she didn’t really care, and she didn’t want to take care of it.

                “marry him”

                “why are you not trying to avoid me, oppa?”

                “because, that’s useless. All i want to do is being with you, but i’m sure your parents loves you more, they choosed the best for you”

                “i don’t want to marry him. I just want to be with you!”

                “I WANT TO BE WITH YOU, TOO. HYERIN-A! This is the best way for us. I promised that i will be there for you, i’ll be there everytime you need me”

                “Sue Ji? What are you thinking right now? Come on, we should see the new student!” Jihyo patted her shoulder and pulled her from the school cafetaria’s chair.

                They saw the new student, “she was a trainee of SM entertainment” Ji hyo gave her a really unimportant trivia, “her name is Choi Jinri”

                Suzy lips made a ‘O’ shape, “looks like you are talented on stalking somebody else” Suzy laughed, but it made Jihyo pouted

--

                She rolled over on her bed, while listening to the music and closed her eyes. She suddenly saw the man’s face. Ji Woo’s face and she never seen him anywhere. Eventhough it was too blurry for her but she could see his face. His hair was really black and shiny, with a milky skin, plumpy lips and he was a really good looking guy if he didn’t dressed up like that, Suzy thought.

                But why did he suddenly appeared on her mind? She looked up to the ceiling and rest her arms over her head, thinking really hard.

                “see, i told you, you’re a really good looking man”

                “it’s blurry. I can’t see my reflections on the water”

                “i’m going to bring my mirror next time” they both giggled

                Without noticing, she smiled. She slowly believe in reincarnation and maybe she was the one that had the reincarnation. And she was the young man named Ji Woo a thousand years ago, and the girl that looked like her now is Hyerin.

                She wasn’t really sure but, she thought maybe Hyerin is out there. Maybe, Hyerin searched for her and fate would meet them together as one. Maybe, they only switched the gender. She grinned, she thought that Hyerin now is a guy that covered her thousand years ago.

                I was Ji Woo.

                I slowly believe in this, and so i will searching for my Hyerin.

                Her wild thought dissapeared as she drift off to sleep.