Accident Waiting to Happen5

Accident Waiting to Happen

Chapter 5:

 

Irene and Eric are sitting under the shade of a tree with an artist's pad in front of them. They are companionably silent drawing with a watercolor pencil. 

Irene: Oh Eric . .what if I shade this part with a little green then add a little yellow or a yellow green here and here?

Eric looked at what Irene was doing and studied what she has already done and what she was planning to do.

Eric: Where again? . . Where exactly?

Irene: Here in this part and this part here and here.

Eric: That is a good idea and add a little brown to this side here and just a touch of black here and here and white here and here and a mosh green would be great too to this side. 

Irene looked at what Eric pointed out and thought on his suggestions. 

Irene: What if instead of black I use gray? And add orange to this side also besides what you said?

Eric: Gray is good I would still put a little black. And orange with the brown is good too. And just a touch though and not too much.

Mickey, Junx, Topper and Seuk are tired from playing soccer and wanted to rest for awhile so they went to the area where their friend's family is situated and drank some water and wiped their perspiration with their towels. 

They went to see what the two siblings were doing and joined them in the shade under the tree.

Mickey: What is that you're doing? Hhhmm . . Drawing?

Junx: I did not bring any of my things . . Do you have any extra pad ? I would like to join you. 

Topper, Mickey and Seuk agreed: Yes, that is a good idea.

MIckey: I have a sketch pad in my car let me get it. (Mickey went to his car to get his pad.)

Seuk: I brought mine too I'll get it from my car. (Seuk went to his car to get his pad.)

Topper: I brought mine too wait for me Seuk it is in your car. (Topper went with Seuk to get his pad from Seuk's car.)

Junx pouted and said: What? I'm the only one who did not bring a sketch pad? Eric don't you have any extra one with you? Or give me a sketch paper and I'll find something to put it on. 

Eric smiling at Junx and said: I did not bring any extra but you could have a paper. Here.

Eric tore a paper from his pad and gave it to Junx and helped him look for something he could use to put it on. He is happy to have his friends with him and that they could spend time with him and his family. It is not often that they all could be together like this what with their busy schedules and all.

Mickey, Topper and Seuk returned with their sketch pads and some art materials. They all are his friends from art school though Mickey has been his childhood friend. All of them are accomplished artist in their own right.

Mickey: So what are we going to be working on? Is this a group work we will be doing or an individual one?

Eric: We did not have anything planed . . we just sat here and started drawing. 

Topper: Aaaahh okey. Let's see what you have done so I'll have an idea. (He looked at what Eric and Irene had done so far and decided to do his own drawing of children playing.)

Mickey, Junx and Seuk did look at what the two had done so far and decided to work on their own and looked around for something that they could draw.



Irene though a biologist has a keen sense in art. She could be an artist if she would only pursue it. Eric enjoys his time with Irene whenever they can be together and feels that she is his soul mate and best friend. She understands him and his mood swings. 

Eric pulls Irene out from her closed world and into the art world. Eric is Irene's life saver and stops her from being too closed up. She has the tendency to focus too much on her work and Eric changed all that. He can sweet talk her to anything. And she has a difficulty of saying no to him. 

Eric takes her to dance clubs, bars and to galleries and the art museum and when they were young he will ask her to ask their parents so they could go to the park or the zoo. And Irene would ask Apple also to help ask.